You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Leader of centre-right party not on unions' side shocker. Thank God Donald's waiting on the sidelines to get this done properly.

Wow, a group of workers are getting 0 paid sick days and you're going on about Donald? It's fine to admit Biden is being a cunt in some cases, I'm sure plenty of US workers that want nothing to do with Trump are doing the same right now.

Just to note : I'd prefer it if Donald wasn't waiting in the sidelines and Republicans find someone better if they win the next election.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Wow, a group of workers are getting 0 paid sick days and you're going on about Donald? It's fine to admit Biden is being a cunt in some cases, I'm sure plenty of US workers that want nothing to do with Trump are doing the same right now.

Just to note : I'd prefer it if Donald wasn't waiting in the sidelines and Republicans find someone better if they win the next election.

Of course he's a cunt, he's a Democrat president, not Nye Bevan. I'm just surprised that anyone would think he wouldn't act like this.

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

RP's stance would make sense if he'd spent the last few years backing Bernie Sanders and not Donald Trump, a man whose opinion of blue collar workers is roughly akin to my opinion of red onions. 

I backed Bernie in the last Dem primaries, you can go back and see that. Same for the previous election. There's no point backing him beyond that is there if he's getting fucked over by other Dems and can't even get a run for president? I've voted twice in UK elections, once for Greens and once for Labour. I've never said a single negative thing about unions either as far as I remember apart from when they blocked Labour from supporting proportional representation if I remember rightly.

It actually makes sense easily. I support US rail workers getting paid sick leave over what an idiot US president wants.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I backed Bernie in the last Dem primaries, you can go back and see that. Same for the previous election. There's no point backing him beyond that is there if he's getting fucked over by other Dems and can't even get a run for president? I've voted twice in UK elections, once for Greens and once for Labour. I've never said a single negative thing about unions either as far as I remember apart from when they blocked Labour from supporting proportional representation if I remember rightly.

It actually makes sense easily. I support US rail workers getting paid sick leave over what an idiot US president wants.

What doesn't make sense, given your supposed left-wing credentials, is why you spend so  much time attacking anyone to the left of Trump and the Republicans (but rarely, if ever, them), and parrot alt-right conspiracies theories to justify, among other things, your apologist approach to those cunts sacking the Capitol Building. 

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Of course he's a cunt, he's a Democrat president, not Nye Bevan. I'm just surprised that anyone would think he wouldn't act like this.

I actually didn't know that US rail wokers got 0 days paid sick leave and that Biden would then be trying to avoid the issue. So it's definitely a bit of a surprise for me. And it's not going to do him any favours at all in the next election surely.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

What doesn't make sense, given your supposed left-wing credentials, is why you spend so  much time attacking anyone to the left of Trump and the Republicans (but rarely, if ever, them), and parrot alt-right conspiracies theories to justify, among other things, your apologist approach to those cunts sacking the Capitol Building.

This is already boring. The cunts sacking the Capitol building were never in any position at all to take over the US gov, that's for certain. The whole "coup" angle is something I always thought was pathetic which has probably been my main issue. Seems like parts of the FBI were fine with it going ahead too.

Any thoughts on US rail workers getting 0 days paid sick leave?

33 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

RP isn’t left wing at all. He will say it to garner some sort of sympathy but look at the shit and biased drivel he posts. He’s a right wing pathetic Cunt. I’m sick of it. 

28 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Maybe this is best left for now. Then if this becomes more of an issue shortly you can discuss it more freely if someone more acceptable posts about it then instead.

Just fuck off instead of coming on posting your bullshit then saying you’re done when you get pulled up on it. 

• Upvote 1

“Joe Biden blew it,” said Hugh Sawyer, treasurer of Railroad Workers United, a group representing workers from a variety of rail unions and carriers. “He had the opportunity to prove his labor-friendly pedigree to millions of workers by simply asking Congress for legislation to end the threat of a national strike on terms more favorable to workers. Sadly, he could not bring himself to advocate for a lousy handful of sick days. The Democrats and Republicans are both pawns of big business and the corporations.”

US rail unions decry Biden’s proposal to impose settlement through Congress

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The great thing about RP is his laser focus on matters.

The UK is embroiled in a long running rail strike - not a peep, but Joe Biden.

A social revolution in the most authoritarian communist regime sparked by Covid lockdown happening in real time, but Canada two years ago.

The great thing about this thread about Joe Biden is the laser focus on Joe Biden.

1. Almost all of us on this forum don't want to see Trump elected again.

2. Someone posts about Biden not helping rail workers that get 0 paid sick days.

3. If he doesn't back down this could be really damaging for Democrats.

4. If it ends up damaging for Democrats they could lose support at the next election and make it more likely that Trump wins if he's the Rep candidate.

5. There has to be some type of solution to this problem.

6. Let's brand the person that posted about the issue in the first place as right wing and then forget about it!

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep

image.png

You know what doesn't help with that? Several people going on at me because I posted about rail workers getting no paid sick days instead of just leaving it or posting a single word about the actual rail workers instead. I'm supposed to be the more right wing one as I'm wanting those workers to have something better than what they're getting but if you avoid posting about the issue it's left wing maybe? If I hadn't started responding to this stuff several hours back I'd have probably made a fifth less than what my total count here currently is.

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

You know what doesn't help with that? Several people going on at me because I posted about rail workers getting no paid sick days instead of just leaving it or posting a single word about the actual rail workers instead. I'm supposed to be the more right wing one as I'm wanting those workers to have something better than what they're getting but if you avoid posting about the issue it's left wing maybe? If I hadn't started responding to this stuff several hours back I'd have probably made a fifth less then what my total count here currently is.

Bollocks.

You get called out for being right wing because all you ever post about is how the 'Dems' and 'liberals' are wrong and evil, and fuck all about the Republicans and the right, despite the shit they say and do on a daily basis. And you know this, because people here have told you this, including me a few hours ago. 

All the shit going on in this country, in this world, right now, and all you ever do is whinge about the opponents of the right in the States, often using alt-right sources and their conspiracy theories to make your points.  

What was you doing on here when Trump was in power and giving succour to white supremacists and giving billions in tax cuts to billionaires, or now, when he's dining with white supremacists and accused of stealing highly classified government documents and inciting an insurrection?

In fact, your reaction on here when those far right cunts stormed the Capitol and got shot spoke volumes about where you're really coming from. Just be big enough to acknowledge it, to yourself if no-one else. I for one wouldn't give a shit, it's the disingenuous that I don't like.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Bollocks.

You get called out for being right wing because all you ever post about is how the 'Dems' and 'liberals' are wrong and evil, and fuck all about the Republicans and the right, despite the shit say and do on a daily basis. And you know this, because people here have told you this, including me a few hours ago. 

All the shit going on in this country, in this world, right now, and all you ever do is whinge about the opponents of the right in the States, often using alt-rights sources and their conspiracy theories to make your points.  

Your reaction on here when those far right cunts stormed the Capitol and got shot spoke volumes about where you're really coming from. Just be big enough to acknowledge it, to yourself if no-one else.

It's easy really. When so much of the world was going on about Trump every single day and the Trump thread here was gaining hundreds of pages of posts I didn't feel the need to add anything. People were already talking about it. Same for a lot of Republican and right wing stuff, people are more likely to talk about them.

Joe Biden and the Dems on the other hand, not so much.

Plenty of you are fine with some authoritarianism by the looks of it as long as there's the hope of keeping Trump out. My view is that maybe if Dems started being less cunty and helped people more they could actually not have to make such a huge drama about Trump because they'd be more secure with support.

But when so many of them are fucking frauds they tend to focus on the negative and seem to enjoy fear based voting instead, because they offer very little that's good for most of the US population. And this current shit with rail workers is another example that exposes that.

Keep going on about me though and not the workers. I'm sure if any of them were reading this shite they'd be glad of your support.

It's not all bad news for the rail workers:

Unions, including a separately contracted unit covering more than 1,000 SMART-TD yardmasters, have ratified nine of 13 agreements covering about half of the 115,000 workers affected by the talks.

The deal includes a 24% compounded wage increase over a five-year period from 2020 through 2024 and five annual $1,000 lump sum payments.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/two-largest-us-rail-unions-report-contract-vote-monday-2022-11-21/

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's easy really. When so much of the world was going on about Trump every single day and the Trump thread here was gaining hundreds of pages of posts I didn't feel the need to add anything. People were already talking about it. Same for a lot of Republican and right wing stuff, people are more likely to talk about them.

Joe Biden and the Dems on the other hand, not so much.

Plenty of you are fine with some authoritarianism by the looks of it as long as there's the hope of keeping Trump out. My view is that maybe if Dems started being less cunty and helped people more they could actually not have to make such a huge drama about Trump because they'd be more secure with support.

But when so many of them are fucking frauds they tend to focus on the negative and seem to enjoy fear based voting instead, because they offer very little that's good for most of the US population. And this current shit with rail workers is another example that exposes that.

Keep going on about me though and not the workers. I'm sure if any of them were reading this shite they'd be glad of your support.

You're a fucking fraud.