You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Just now, Strontium said:

You can indeed rep whoever you want, and I can interpret that as support if I want.

Apparently I used the term "religion of peace" in November 2015, in the wake of the Bataclan massacre. Not sure what the contention is here though, I've never professed to be a fan of religions as a general rule.

So yeah, generalising all muslims not just those who bombs and shoot people. If I was to have said "Gods chosen people strike again" after yet another hospital was bombed yesterday I'd rightly be called anti-semitic. 

You're making a twat of yourself. I know a thing or two about doing that myself. 

33 minutes ago, Strontium said:

You can indeed rep whoever you want, and I can interpret that as support if I want.

I seem to remember you being unhappy your repping of posts on wiping Gaza of the map was interpreted as support of such an outcome.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Apparently I used the term "religion of peace" in November 2015, in the wake of the Bataclan massacre. Not sure what the contention is here though, I've never professed to be a fan of religions as a general rule.

So, hypothetically, let's say someone on here makes an horrific post wishing that Gaza gets wiped off the face of the earth. And let's imagine that there are actually other posters who would rep such a post. Stay with me here...

It's OK for everyone else to interpret that as support? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, No2 said:

I seem to remember you being unhappy your repping of posts on wiping Gaza of the map was interpreted as support of such an outcome.

That's not what that post (singular) said though, was it.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

“Religion of Peace” was Rico’s line, wasn’t it?

Was Stig digging him out about it? I can’t remember. 

Digging his bum out, handsome bastard. Looks make ALL the difference 

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He did used to post that all the time though, yeah? Did you ever give him any grief over it?

Remember, consistency kids, and all that. 

No because he didn’t use double standards. Read my response to SD properly. Or don’t. Gay 

The term "religion of peace" was originally coined by Islamic leaders themselves, then used ironically by critics of extremist Islam in the wake of repeated violent acts perpetrated by religionists. Overused, if you ask me, which is probably why I only used it once before it became passe. But there's nothing wrong with criticising ideology or ideological extremists of any bent.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

What about Mona Seraji, the Iranian snowboarder?

Fine looking lady. Snowboarding isn’t extreme though. It’s a sport for everyone. People with ski lodges for example, but I’ve also seen lads doing it on Runcorn ski slope using planks of wood and bobsledding on traffic cones. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fine looking lady. Snowboarding isn’t extreme though. It’s a sport for everyone. People with ski lodges for example, but I’ve also seen lads doing it on Runcorn ski slope using planks of wood and bobsledding on traffic cones. 

Racist.

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

When I was a kid my brother decided he'd make his own snowboard. He took the wheels off an old skateboard and nailed a pair of knackered market job high-tops to it. It was summer so he just greased the bottom of the board.

We trekked to the top of the highest hill we could find, he strapped his feet in and leapt forwards. It was a glorious sight as he fell flat on his fucking face and we all laughed at him.

I learnt a valuable lesson that day - never try anything, it's not worth it.

• Haha 1

Yeah maybe Starmer should follow his lead and halt the arms sales.

Oh wait he can't, he's not the president or prime minister and has about as much influence over the situation as you have.

And I'm pretty sure Labour has always been full square behind blowing the shit out of people, certainly in my lifetime, I'm not sure what being a party of the working class has got to do with international relations, unless you mean Corbyn, who, contrary to modern opinion, isn't and never was the Labour Party.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah maybe Starmer should follow his lead and halt the arms sales.

Oh wait he can't, he's not the president or prime minister and has about as much influence over the situation as you have.

And I'm pretty sure Labour has always been full square behind blowing the shit out of people, certainly in my lifetime, I'm not sure what being a party of the working class has got to do with international relations, unless you mean Corbyn, who, contrary to modern opinion, isn't and never was the Labour Party.

It's the larger principal, there is a rizla paper between Labour & Tories now.

But people's desperation to remove the tories is blinding them to this fact. Even as we speak the only policy that Labour have left to differentiate themselves from the tories is the workers rights one. Which is now in the process of being diluted or worse abandoned.

Whatever you say about Corbyn his policies were popular and he was an opposition.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dicko said:

But people's desperation to remove the tories is blinding them to this fact. Even as we speak the only policy that Labour have left to differentiate themselves from the tories is the workers rights one. Which is now in the process of being diluted or worse abandoned.

Whatever you say about Corbyn his policies were popular and he was an opposition.

They weren't though were they? Sadly.

He was stitched up like fuck in the media and by the tory machine, painted as a terrorist more or less and roundly rejected by the cunts that this country is full of for that flag shagging, rat bastard buffoon Johnson.

I hate Lab having to pander to these cunts, but sadly they have to for now - hopefully once in power they can show these stupid cunts a better way and they stupid cunts will realise it is better and never vote for the tory scum again.

5 hours ago, Dicko said:

Fat lot of good it did him

10 hours ago, an tha said:

They weren't though were they? Sadly.

He was stitched up like fuck in the media and by the tory machine, painted as a terrorist more or less and roundly rejected by the cunts that this country is full of for that flag shagging, rat bastard buffoon Johnson.

I hate Lab having to pander to these cunts, but sadly they have to for now - hopefully once in power they can show these stupid cunts a better way and they stupid cunts will realise it is better and never vote for the tory scum again.

Corbyn's policies were and are popular unfortunately the public hated the person delivering them.

Starmer is not going to miraculously move to the left once in power.

In fact all empirical evidence points to the opposite.

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Fat lot of good it did him

True, maybe if he'd been a lying duplicitous twat who'd say and do anything to achieve power, but with no actual policies other than more austerity he may have got in.

Choosing Labour to replace the tories is akin to replacing Hodgson with Rodgers.

They'll look younger and have a snazzier suit and be easier on the eye. But in the end they'll still win fuck all, get on your nerves and when you finally take a look at their 180 page dossier on how to improve the economy it just boils down to 180 pages of how to reduce benefits for the poorest in society.

But at least they aren't the tories.

• Upvote 1