You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

How long before some mercenaries turn up in Belarus, or maybe a few full armoured columns.

Looking more likely, we are no saints either, 

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-08-20-belarus-military-has-received-assistance-from-the-uk-a-dozen-times-in-past-five-years/amp/?post_type=article&p=696856&__twitter_impression=true

6 hours ago, No2 said:

Must be hard to really enjoy a cup of tea in Russia.

If there is one thing I've learned in the last few years between Litvinenko, the Salisbury lot and this guy it's that if you're going to Russia it's probably best to take a packed lunch and a thermos. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

If there is one thing I've learned in the last few years between Litvinenko, the Salisbury lot and this guy it's that if you're going to Russia it's probably best to take a packed lunch and a thermos. 

If rather go without to be perfectly honest. Need to lose a few pounds anyway.

My points stands though, even the great man himself Putin, can he ever really enjoy a cup of tea? That 1% doubt will always be in the back of his mind. I wouldn't take his wealth and power if it meant never enjoying a cup of hot tea again. Well I probably would but I'd miss it.

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought the same. 

Yeah, I have absolutely no love for Putin, and I don't know this other bloke from Adam, but this all seems very...Russian.

It's the one thing I would run on if I was PM; the truth.  I'd be like "Listen up, I can't condemn anything in Russia because I don't trust anything I hear from anyone, including Mr Putin, and that scares me, and I'd like to see Russia stop this bullshit or it can quite frankly sit in a puddle of its own piss for all I care, we won't be doing business with them, or letting them even visit this country without a tracking device sewn into their eyelids.  Fuck them.  Their nukes are smaller than Americas, I don't care."  

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah, I have absolutely no love for Putin, and I don't know this other bloke from Adam, but this all seems very...Russian.

It's the one thing I would run on if I was PM; the truth.  I'd be like "Listen up, I can't condemn anything in Russia because I don't trust anything I hear from anyone, including Mr Putin, and that scares me, and I'd like to see Russia stop this bullshit or it can quite frankly sit in a puddle of its own piss for all I care, we won't be doing business with them, or letting them even visit this country without a tracking device sewn into their eyelids.  Fuck them.  Their nukes are smaller than Americas, I don't care."  

‘As PM I’d stick my fingers in my ears and shout La la la la la until they went away’

no idea why you aren’t PM 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

It is, but I wanted to make the joke and it was the best I could do in the time available. Sorry to all Canadians offended by my careless actions. I'll endeavour to do better next time I'm talking aboot you. 

Ten - Teen , take it to the nonce (band tournament) thread.

5 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not cynical, but is there usually footage of this guy having a cup of tea?

He's a very famous person, it's not at all weird that someone saw him in the airport and took a photo. I'm not sure that anyone has verified that it's a photo from today, either, it's off social media so it could be someone took an old photo and posted it as if they'd taken it today.

I am absolutely gutted. Bordering on devastated. I can't remember the last time any political event caused me to be this downhearted, even Brexit and Trump election.

The thing is, we all knew it was coming. He was SO effective in pointing out the corruption. Not at all like previous opposition campaigners, he just did it with humour and intelligence and was really the last hope out there that one day, not any time soon, but one day, Russia could turn it around.

His anti-corruption documentaries were the best thing on Youtube. He'd show some minister, then show pictures of all his yachts and Italian villas and London flats and then sarcastically applaud the guy for "somehow being able to afford all of this on his official salary of $60,000/year."

4 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Putin is a mad fucker. 

Some arty film campaigners are chartering a plane to get Navalny out of Russia and have medical facilities on stand-by for him in Berlin. 

So, that'll be an unexplained plane crash happening in the next few days then. 

They'll never get him out. His coworkers have already reported that the doctors have refused to let him leave the hospital, even if they can arrange any such treatment in Europe somewhere. Pressure is coming down on that hospital administration from on high, you can guarantee that.

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

He's a very famous person, it's not at all weird that someone saw him in the airport and took a photo. I'm not sure that anyone has verified that it's a photo from today, either, it's off social media so it could be someone took an old photo and posted it as if they'd taken it today.

I am absolutely gutted. Bordering on devastated. I can't remember the last time any political event caused me to be this downhearted, even Brexit and Trump election.

The thing is, we all knew it was coming. He was SO effective in pointing out the corruption. Not at all like previous opposition campaigners, he just did it with humour and intelligence and was really the last hope out there that one day, not any time soon, but one day, Russia could turn it around.

His anti-corruption documentaries were the best thing on Youtube. He'd show some minister, then show pictures of all his yachts and Italian villas and London flats and then sarcastically applaud the guy for "somehow being able to afford all of this on his official salary of $60,000/year."

Are these still on YouTube or anywhere else by any chance?