You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia

Bjornebye

Putin won't let go will he. I don't think this is a good sign at all given the fragile state of the world. Cant he just offer Trump a one on one? 

Vlad - should we be stocking up on Vodka? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/15/europe/russian-government-resigns-vladimir-putin-reforms-intl/index.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/03/2020 at 09:13, TheHowieLama said:

Under current Russian law, Putin would have to step down as president in 2024, but the proposed amendment would either scrap term limits altogether or just allow Putin to run again, extending his time in office all the way to 2036.

President Vladimir Putin has won a resounding victory in his bid to stay in power until the middle of the next decade, as Russians voted overwhelmingly to endorse the country's political status quo, according to preliminary results.

Russians went to the polls Wednesday to cast ballots in a nationwide referendum on constitutional amendments. The vote paves the way for Putin, who has ruled for two decades, to remain president until 2036.

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As much as he's a shady fucker

He's more than shady. He's one of the few people who actively scares me when I see him. Did you ever see the meeting he had with billionaires where he was treating them like school children and he made one bring his pen back? It was fucking insane. 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

He's more than shady. He's one of the few people who actively scares me when I see him. Did you ever see the meeting he had with billionaires where he was treating them like school children and he made one bring his pen back? It was fucking insane. 

46yiri.jpg

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

KGB op in East Berlin just before the wall came down. 

No bonespurs for this fella, he was hands on.

I think his KGB career is overplayed by all accounts, there were about 10,000 of the fuckers at his rank, it was basically like working for the Department for Work and Pensions.

From all the stuff I've seen and read about him he's all about the money. He wanted to have a quick stint as leader, earn some dollar then step back. I think things changed partly because he felt his overtures towards the west were rejected and we expanded nato and the EU, but also because we got soft and stupid and he got the chance to take liberties.

The more these people get away with the more they take the piss.

You lot our just fucking jealous you can't pull off the topless horseback pose, or scaring off tigers, riding with bike gangs, finding sunken treasure. 

I want to see a royal rumble of world leaders. Put in is winning its just who beats Merkel to second place. 

That twat Boris would eliminate himself like some doink the clown parody 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

we got soft and stupid and he got the chance to take liberties.

Yea, the general feeling I have got from folks with Russian background (ex pats or travelling) here is over the last 5 or so years he is playing a blinder.

Was part of ops in the RAF at that time too - so maybe a little more than a paper pusher (read document destroyer)

That said I tend to believe he has killed some folks. Himself.