You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup

El Rojo

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

Somehow you think posting a team sheet with our most important forward getting splinters on his arse, sat beside Salah, backs up your point that we're trying to win this piece of shit. 

Pure delusion. 

Somehow you think that rotating the squad means we're trying to throw this match. Worse than delusion - a projection of your own defeatism onto the club.

(PS - You will recall that Chelsea started this match with their most important forward getting splinters on his arse. Were both teams trying to lose?)

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Somehow you think that rotating the squad means we're trying to throw this match. Worse than delusion - a projection of your own defeatism onto the club.

(PS - You will recall that Chelsea started this match with their most important forward getting splinters on his arse. Were both teams trying to lose?)

Do you believe this bullshit or are you doing your usually hypocritical shit where you ignore the facts and pretend you're always right. 

We played Chelsea three days later,  back came our world class keeper for the Belgian clown,  a world class full back for the hapless Moreno, two top class starting centre backs, our captain and our world class front three. 

Sure, you keep on pretending we try in these cups and that shite line up you posted is normal rotation.  The reality is you just proved my point and that's the best cup line up you could find, ha. 

We can put out a decent side with a good chance of winning and still rest those who need it most. For example, we could rest Robbo against the Blades and select

Ali

Williams

VVD

Gomez

Robbo

Milner

Shak

Lallana

Mini

Div

Elliot

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

For me the league is priority 1,2 and 3 this season. Play the team that give us the best shot at the next league games. If we then progress in the cup, good. If not, so be it.

This is often more complex than it seems. A complete rest to the starting 11 and all but throw the tie? Or just those the medical team indicate are the most tired? Or somewhere in the middle. It would be a shame to throw the FA cup out all together, especially with a pretty healthy lead in the league. The FA cup is a great trophy to win.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rotoq said:

This is often more complex than it seems. A complete rest to the starting 11 and all but throw the tie? Or just those the medical team indicate are the most tired? Or somewhere in the middle. It would be a shame to throw the FA cup out all together, especially with a pretty healthy lead in the league. The FA cup is a great trophy to win.

A similar way we used the league game is my guess. A mix of first team regulars and capable squad players. Let big Div off the leash again.

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

All I know is that I want Harvey Elliott to start. I really like what I've seen from this lad so far and I want him to play with two other of our best forwards to see what he can do.

It will be forever known as the Harvey Elliott Derby if he starts. 

• Upvote 1

Ancelotti knows that beating us will buy him loads of time with his idiot fans, and going on to maybe win the cup would probably get a statue made of him, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he chooses his regular first XI. Even if we did the same we wouldn't be as up for it as they'll be. So I really hate the fact we've drawn them in these circumstances. At best we'll win it and they'll leave the foot in so often we'll probably be injury-ridden for a weeks after. It's a bastard of a game against a bastard of a club.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Grinch said:

Do you believe this bullshit or are you doing your usually hypocritical shit where you ignore the facts and pretend you're always right. 

We played Chelsea three days later,  back came our world class keeper for the Belgian clown,  a world class full back for the hapless Moreno, two top class starting centre backs, our captain and our world class front three. 

Sure, you keep on pretending we try in these cups and that shite line up you posted is normal rotation.  The reality is you just proved my point and that's the best cup line up you could find, ha. 

The back 5 against Chelsea had been our first-choice back 5 a year earlier.

If Klopp were really trying to lose (as you seem to think) he would have played the under-19s.

(Oh, and go and print that first sentence on a sheet of sandpaper and ram it up your arse, you gimp.)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The back 5 against Chelsea had been our first-choice back 5 a year earlier.

If Klopp were really trying to lose (as you seem to think) he would have played the under-19s.

(Oh, and go and print that first sentence on a sheet of sandpaper and ram it up your arse, you gimp.)

As I predicted, fingers in ears ignoring reality, as per usual with you. 

10 hours ago, rotoq said:

It's not a great trophy to win if it costs us the league. OK, we've a healthy lead now, in fact, a lead beyond my wildest dreams. But we still have to play West Ham away with a new manager twice, everton away with the only manager to beat us so far this season, Spurs away with a manager who'd love to beat us. Then there's the gimp at old trafford and his clowns who turn up when they feel like it. They'd love to spoil our party. We still have to play Watford away with a new manager, never a good place for us. Chelsea at home and arsenal away.

Oh and let's not forget city away either.

Sure, it may seem beyond reason we wouldnt lose all those games but I'll tell you what, if we lose one at home, just watch the nerves in the crowd ramp up. And what fillip would that give the next couple of teams we play? city lost a couple of games in quick succession last season. If we lose two, people will really be shitting themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

It's not a great trophy to win if it costs us the league. OK, we've a healthy lead now, in fact, a lead beyond my wildest dreams. But we still have to play West Ham away with a new manager twice, everton away with the only manager to beat us so far this season, Spurs away with a manager who'd love to beat us. Then there's the gimp at old trafford and his clowns who turn up when they feel like it. They'd love to spoil our party. We still have to play Watford away with a new manager, never a good place for us. Chelsea at home and arsenal away.

Oh and let's not forget city away either.

Sure, it may seem beyond reason we wouldnt lose all those games but I'll tell you what, if we lose one at home, just watch the nerves in the crowd ramp up. And what fillip would that give the next couple of teams we play? city lost a couple of games in quick succession last season. If we lose two, people will really be shitting themselves.

I agree the league is priority, I just don't think throwing the FA cup out is the solution.

If we rest 3 key players per cup game (maybe one defender, midfielder and attacker, for example) we can maybe keep some legs fresher.

12 hours ago, aws said:

We can put out a decent side with a good chance of winning and still rest those who need it most. For example, we could rest Robbo against the Blades and select

Ali

Williams

VVD

Gomez

Robbo

Milner

Shak

Lallana

Mini

Div

Elliot

Something like this.

We have the squad to defeat Sheffield United, Everton and Spurs. (Accept nothing less!)

The interesting bit for the Everton game is how the back four shapes up. If he's bringing Phillips back, who gets rested?