You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup

El Rojo

Would love to see us have a right crack at this now, particularly given that we surely have to take the Everton game relatively seriously.

Maybe the last few days might have made the tournament less of a headache than previously perceived. We’ll also have even more top quality players coming back from injury in the coming weeks. 

Why not go all out for everything?

Your thoughts and reflections on the same are encouraged. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I think the nature of the draw will see us put out a reasonably good team, plus Jürgen will want to get one back on Ancelotti. Obviously I want us to win all our games, but this cup really is third on the list as far as our remaining fixtures this season go. It will be interesting to see how we approach it if we beat Everton and get a favourable draw. Especially if our lead in the league increases and like you say players coming back. 

Reckon Nat Phillips will start. He'll want to rest one of the CBs. Its the fact we can end up with replays that cause shit in this. Sadly I'm not that arsed about it, especially not this year. Get the title won and progress in the champions league. Everything else is miles down the list. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Reckon Nat Phillips will start. He'll want to rest one of the CBs. Its the fact we can end up with replays that cause shit in this. Sadly I'm not that arsed about it, especially not this year. Get the title won and progress in the champions league. Everything else is miles down the list. 

Yeah he has to play him imo. Curtis Jones as well. Would like Virgil to get a break and probably Joey if the other lads aren't back yet.

A few weeks ago, i was worried about our lead being whitled down. Now, I'd like a cup run and see where it takes us.

Guest Pistonbroke

I wonder how Ancelotti will approach this game being as he's fresh to things. I honestly can't see him playing a full team as he'll probably still harbour thoughts of getting into the EL next season and will want to see his full squad play over the next few games. Probably a reason that them beating Newcastle is better for us, plus they have City away in the league after the Toon. 

22 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah he has to play him imo. Curtis Jones as well. Would like Virgil to get a break and probably Joey if the other lads aren't back yet.

A few weeks ago, i was worried about our lead being whitled down. Now, I'd like a cup run and see where it takes us.

Reckon you might see Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino for the cup game 

• Upvote 1

Beat Everton then hope we draw Villa.  Give Villa a well owed severe rectal trauma then do our best to win the trophy.

I still love the FA Cup and would to see Henderson lift it.  It'll be a good competition to start giving Minimino games too.

A good day out at Wembley come the end of the season.

Remember the days it was nicknamed Anfield South ?

54 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Couldn't care less.   It's shit, slightly less than the league Cup but not by much.   Neither domestic cup holds any water these days. 

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

This. 

Nah no way. It still punches me in the gut getting knocked out of the cup. Cup finals are boss days. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nah no way. It still punches me in the gut getting knocked out of the cup. Cup finals are boss days. 

If we get to a final I'd obviously be delighted but I dont want anything to jeopardize us finally getting our hands on no 19. 

• Upvote 1

It’s the obvious opportunity to rest players, and the fact that it’s against Everton should do nothing to change that. I hope to see a side along the lines of the one that knocked Arsenal out of the League Cup - The obvious starting changes to that team would be Adrian for Kelleher, Lovren for Gomez if fit, Minamino for Brewster and, now that Keita is on a really good run, have Curtis Jones take his place for this one.

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Would love to see us have a right crack at this now, particularly given that we surely have to take the Everton game relatively seriously.

Maybe the last few days might have made the tournament less of a headache than previously perceived. We’ll also have even more top quality players coming back from injury in the coming weeks. 

Why not go all out for everything?

Your thoughts and reflections on the same are encouraged. 

No, just no.