You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby Union World Cup - Japan - 2019

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

Game set and match. Thought the Welsh tactics in the second half were wank, only themselves to blame in what was a poor game. When Wales went for it that one time they looked good, why the fuck they kept kicking instead of running it is beyond me. Ah well, that fucks a media wank fest over the next week. 

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

On that basis you presumably think we should be employing Gary Neville rather than Jurgen Klopp?

Er no, because Liverpool FC is not a country competing against other countries in international competition.  

The players and coach should all be from the country they are representing I reckon.  

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Er no, because Liverpool FC is not a country competing against other countries in international competition.  

The players and coach should all be from the country they are representing I reckon.  

Well that would fuck over any emerging nations or those trying to level the playing field against the big boys. Apart from that, how many players play for national teams on the back of immigration or changing allegiance, something which is clearly allowed and should be, not just in Rugby but all sports. If you want a brave new world then you have to except these things. 

Also, when Liverpool FC play in international competitions they are not only representing the City of Liverpool but also the English league. 

10 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Well that would fuck over any emerging nations or those trying to level the playing field against the big boys. Apart from that, how many players play for national teams on the back of immigration or changing allegiance, something which is clearly allowed and should be, not just in Rugby but all sports. If you want a brave new world then you have to except these things. 

Also, when Liverpool FC play in international competitions they are not only representing the City of Liverpool but also the English league. 

I think probably for emerging nations its ok. But really they should just employ a coach to coach the coaches as it were, it would benefit their whole system more in the long run too. 

For a team that is one of the top in the world with a whole professional league to choose from going for a foreign coach is lame as shit and against the spirit of international competition.  It's only really England, especially, and the home nations who do this, the sad sacks  When have Germany or Italy had foreign football coaches?  When has New Zealand had a non-Kiwi rugby coach?  

Trying to equate it to Liverpool FC is nonsensical, as well.

11 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

England could be fined for crossing the line during the Haka. The French were fined and the precedent has been set. I'm not sure eddie and the lads will be worried however.

Seems like the Kiwis hung well back during that haka. Look at the screenshot from the vid above. The halfway line is a solid line.

34 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I think probably for emerging nations its ok. But really they should just employ a coach to coach the coaches as it were, it would benefit their whole system more in the long run too. 

For a team that is one of the top in the world with a whole professional league to choose from going for a foreign coach is lame as shit and against the spirit of international competition.  It's only really England, especially, and the home nations who do this, the sad sacks  When have Germany or Italy had foreign football coaches?  When has New Zealand had a non-Kiwi rugby coach?  

I don't really give a fuck where they get the coach from as they long as they are good at their job

Can't really see why anybody should care about such things

If Germany or Italy or NZ are happy sticking to nationals only then good luck to them but happy that England's criteria doesn't depend upon where they were born

Jones' response to Gatland's jibe about us already playing our cup final was quite naughty , ' Good of Warren to worry about us pass him my best for the 3rd and 4th place play-off '.

The bollocks about the Haka thing is a joke and to be fair I believe the Kiwis themselves are quite happy for it to be challenged & feel fining etc. makes them look a bit precious.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I wasn't, it was in reply to your response to Anubis. Plus it is a fact. The nonsense was in your reply to Anubis. Your opinion, which is fair enough, but to say the two things can't be compared is daft.  

As far as coaches not being from the country where the team they coach goes, well, that is all down to opinions if you like it or not. Fact is, they can take those jobs as it doesn't break any rules. Personally I'm all for it, I mean we are both Immigrants (I'm assuming you are a Brit down under, or at least that is the impression I get) /moved to a different country like many others have. We'd be rightly pissed if some national from our adopted country said something similar about German/Aussie/NZ etc jobs for nationals and not people who were born elsewhere. As I said in my earlier post. If you want a Brave New World you have to expect/accept such things. Otherwise, where do you draw the line before discriminating. Why should a perspective coach of a National sporting team face different rules to that of a Banker/Engineer/Civil Servant/Labourer etc.