You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City away 10/4/18 UCL 1/4 2nd Leg

Bjornebye

Love it. I’m taking my 9 year old to Brighton Home. She learned a few words over the course of this tie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nephews 13 now and has a season ticket and goes to loads of aways as well.

He came home when he was about 8 saying that John Terrys mum liked policemen. My sister wasn't sure what he meant but he confirmed every one had sung she loves the scouse cop.

• Upvote 4

I liked the bit where I got to see work colleagues celebrating a goal I knew was going to be disallowed for offside.  Made it all the sweeter when I seen it should have stood.

They really need to bring VAR in full time.  This time we benefited but more often than not, we're the better team that gets screwed by a job no human can do 100% accurately.

A third would be, when security were throwing out more Liverpool fans in the city end, the away fans gave a very nice "you Scouse bastards" chant.

My laugh almost gave myself away, on that one.

I'm gutted you haven't changed your avatar to the City badge. You're slipping, Kevin.

Fucking hell. Watching that first half was like watching Black Hawk down and I feared another Basel capitulation. However I think the mentality of the team has got stronger this season as we are no longer bullied by shite teams or go to pieces like we did against Spurs. Not many teams will stand up to that battering and come through it. We were lucky with the offside goal though.

One thing I'm not nervous about these days is our ability to defend corners. Van Dijk has made the difference big time.

If we get a few more players of his level in the summer we can really kick on.

Absolutely amazing that we are in the semi final. Especially out of the five English teams and we were the least fancied.

To only lose 2-1 to a club our size in a Champions League game will go down as a memorable occasion in their club's history.

They're capable of giving any side a game, on their day.

A few signings in the summer and nobody will want to play them.

They work really, really hard, and when the group stage is drawn next year the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid will be thinking " cor, thankfully we didn't draw them", I believe that, I really do.

I believe I deserve some sort of award.

It's about 2 in the morning last night, second half. Laptop battery is dying and I decide to watch the rest of the match in bed next to the wife (who is obviously asleep).

Climb into bed, get settled and then a few minutes later Salah scores THAT GOAL.

How I managed to keep physically still (apart from a slow fist curl) while my brain was going absolutely beserk I'll never know. Wife slept through the whole thing.

• Upvote 1