You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City away 10/4/18 UCL 1/4 2nd Leg

Bjornebye

Fucking stoked! I wish I had a video of the reactions at the bar here when we scored but I was too busy watching and celebrating to take one.

We looked nervous throughout the first half but once Salah scored in the second there was no stopping us. Can’t wait for the draw now.

Best thing about Salah tonight was he was anonymous and his touch was all over the shop but fuck me he stood up when we needed him most, that’s the sign of a top player. The game was going against him and lets be honest he was pretty much useless most of the game but none of that mattered when he had one chance, that’s all he had, one chance and he took it and took us through.

He’s a genius, what he did tonight was another Messi moment. Messi does it a lot where he doesn’t do anything all game then bang he’s dribbled past three players and slots it in, Salah is getting some fantastic habits.

Wasn't the intent of the touch back the whole issue in the Spurs game? Because it did appear to matter up to that point.

Not that I care that much but some of us will be listening to the moans from City fans tomorrow, and while I'll spend most of the day giggling I wouldn't mind having a counter argument to pull out!

The difference is Sane was never offside at any point. Kane was offside when the other Spurs player passed the ball, but was then played back onside by Lovren 'deliberately' playing the ball. But, intention is irrelevant in today's case as no City player actually played the ball into an offside Sane, so don't think there is any viable counter argument on that front.

I would just go with Turdseye's comment above. 

Think we could calm down in slamming the midfield lads on here , they are usually outnumbered & it's very easy to say ' just pass the ball around ' but how do you do that when you have no team mate available & three opposition players nibbling at your heels.

Only worry generally is we are starting to look leggy , particularly the front three.

Anyway , If Carlsberg did CL Nights.

First game, I've been to this season. Was in the South stand with the City fans. As the game was increasingly getting away from them, they made some very cogent and well researched points about Liverpool and scousers in general. Will be mulling them over in the next few days, real food for thought.

• Upvote 5

First game, I've been to this season. Was in the South stand with the City fans. As the game was increasingly getting away from them, they made some very cogent and well researched points about Liverpool and scousers in general. Will be mulling them over in the next few days, real food for thought.

Big match beaut.

• Upvote 3

The difference is Sane was never offside at any point. Kane was offside when the other Spurs player passed the ball, but was then played back onside by Lovren 'deliberately' playing the ball. But, intention is irrelevant in today's case as no City player actually played the ball into an offside Sane, so don't think there is any viable counter argument on that front.

I would just go with Turdseye's comment above.

Well yes that's absolutely a difference between tonight and the Spurs incident, that Sane was not in an offside position when the City player played it, however he certainly was when it came off Milner. I don't know how clear the offside rules are these days and all the bullshit about interpretation, but there was an understanding in the past that the ball back from the defending team should be intentional in order for the attacker to be considered onside.

But yeah, Turdseye's comment will deffo be used.

POST-MATCH STATS

Liverpool have reached the semi-final stage of the European Cup/Champions League for the 10th time – the only English team to have appeared in more are Man Utd (12).

After reaching the Champions League semi-finals in each of his first seven seasons in the competition as manager with Barcelona and Bayern Munich, Pep Guardiola has failed to make this stage in both of his campaigns with Man City.

Jurgen Klopp has beaten Pep Guardiola more often than any other manager (7 wins).

Pep Guardiola has only progressed in two of his eight Champions League knockout ties as a manager in which his side lost the first leg (v Porto in 2015, Arsenal in 2011).

Pep Guardiola has lost three consecutive matches in all competitions for the first time since May 2015 as Bayern manager.

Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah have both scored more goals in a single Champions League/European Cup campaign for Liverpool (8 each) than any other player in the club’s history.

Gabriel Jesus has scored three goals in three games against Liverpool in all competitions, more than against any other team since his debut with Man City.

Liverpool have scored 33 goals in the Champions League this season – the most by an English side in a single campaign.

Man City scored with the first shot of the game versus Liverpool, with Gabriel Jesus scoring after just one minute and 56 seconds.

'INCREDIBLE EUROPEAN NIGHT'

Phil Thompson also heaped praise on the Liverpool players after their gutsy performance at the Etihad Stadium.

Speaking on Soccer Special, he said: "This has been an incredible night. We’ve had some wonderful European nights but for what those players have produced tonight has been nothing short of sensational.

"To hang in there after going down to that early goal, I just heap so many tributes onto these players. It has been wonderful."