You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Nope. Average as fuck. Makes too many mistakes.

Yeah but your calling for McCarthy and Pope

McCarthy is the typical journey man having a good year. Nearly 30 and hardly ever been first choice in the top flight

Nope. Average as fuck. Makes too many mistakes.

If he makes less mistakes than Karius then get him signed. If he makes the same number of mistakes, no point. If he makes more mistakes than Karius, sell Karius to Lazio.

McCarthy has always looked great whenever I’ve seen him. Granted I’ve only seen him play about 6 times but that’s still a 100% record of looking great. Bit worrying that he can’t get past that fucking grock Forster, though.

Strakosha looks damn fine to me, especially around £30m.

He’s not some Latino that will be cry arsing for Spain in two years either.

Forget Oblak. Just don’t see him considering us as, in many ways, it’s a sideways move.

This £80m goalkeeper lark won’t last. Look at Madrid and Barca, usually trend-setters for big deals, neither have paid big money for a keeper.

Maybe PSG might go that big, but nobody else.

He any good?

He's decent. Better than what we have but nowhere near Alisson or Oblak. Strikes me more as a statistician's choice though. He's had a good season, but I do feel he sometimes make rather easy saves look more spectacular than should be the case.

That said, Serie A is definitely the league with the best keepers right now. Bar the obvious big names, Cragno and Meret are two young underrated keepers worth keeping an eye on. Shame we didn't also try for Perin.

McCarthy has always looked great whenever I’ve seen him. Granted I’ve only seen him play about 6 times but that’s still a 100% record of looking great. Bit worrying that he can’t get past that fucking grock Forster, though.

He's been starting ahead of Forster since January.

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole though and the only person saying we wanted him was Maddock so it's all bollocks. 

Yep, he did eventually manage to oust Forster from the starting line-up. But, he was also third choice at Palace behind Hennesey and Mandanda before that. Wouldn't go near any PL keeper personally. That said, Matt Ryan is the best of the (targetable) lot in my mind.