You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

They should just let VAR decide the result beforehand then everybody could watch a computer simulation of the game from the comfort of their sofa.  Massive saving on player wages, no crowd trouble and all the travel saved has got to be good for the planet. 

29 minutes ago, aws said:

They should just let VAR decide the result beforehand then everybody could watch a computer simulation of the game from the comfort of their sofa.  Massive saving on player wages, no crowd trouble and all the travel saved has got to be good for the planet. 

AI football. Like garlic bread, its the future. Although AI would probably ref a game better then most of the PGMOL clowns. Not you Sian, my lovely. You're ace.

Just now, sir roger said:

Like Jurgen before him, O'Neil upset Webb and his cronies and both have been paying ever since.

Brighton are next on the list after De Zerbi more or less said 80% of the refs in this country are shite. Probably no coincidence that Taylor gave Dunk a straight red for a bit of abuse on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Get rid.

I was convinced our winner was gonna be ruled out for Tsimikas on their defender. 

My shinnies would have flown out of my LFC socks, if my celebration wasn't so marginally muted.

It's crap. All that shite today. I know they overturned a decision, which is fine from getting the right outcome. But it must have taken 2 minutes to get there. Until we have a system where the outcome can be as instantaneous as a lino putting his flag up, it will continue to ruin the game. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/11/2023 at 16:57, Vincent Vega said:

Brighton are next on the list after De Zerbi more or less said 80% of the refs in this country are shite. Probably no coincidence that Taylor gave Dunk a straight red for a bit of abuse on Saturday.

And a very, very soft pen against them today with VAR stepping in to get it awarded....

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

That was complete bullshit that penalty decision. Fucking ludicrous.

Absolutely.

Just shows how these fuckers harbour grudges and use their position to punish teams.

De Zerbi speaks out and then lo and behold he is on receiving end of that absolute shite

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, No2 said:

I thought that Chelsea peno was stonewall. The Fulham goal was a joke, should have been awarded in 10 seconds.

I'm not sure how that was a stonewall pen. Milner just comes across using his strength and then their legs get tangled once the ball has gone. It's a contact sport, I'd have been fucking fuming if that was given against us. 

The Forest one against the Bloos is still mind-boggling. How is it not a penalty, especially when he then gives a free kick and yellow card for a similar foul at the other end of the pitch?

It's just incomprehensible that one isn't given and almost immediately the other one is. It shouldn't have needed a check either with Tierney looking straight at it but it's compounder because VAR checks it. VAR sucks because the refereeing sucks, I've never known the competency of the officials to be so bad in all my years of watching the game. They can't even get the basics right.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

The Forest one against the Bloos is still mind-boggling. How is it not a penalty, especially when he then gives a free kick and yellow card for a similar foul at the other end of the pitch?

It's just incomprehensible that one isn't given and almost immediately the other one is. It shouldn't have needed a check either with Tierney looking straight at it but it's compounder because VAR checks it. VAR sucks because the refereeing sucks, I've never known the competency of the officials to be so bad in all my years of watching the game. They can't even get the basics right.

the thing is they can get it right if they want. the trouble is the go out deciding they want to ref in a certain way and give certain things. it's like when you see things clearly wrong and they try to claim they're right because that's the view of thge game they've decided to form for a while. they love all this shite with handball, because it gives the the opportunity to give whatever the fuck they want, and claim they are right. all this respect and timewasting bullshit they brought in at the beginning of the season, that has just completely disappeared. but yet offside is barely fucked with (well except for VAR) and it's incredible how many of them they get right. so it is clear they can do things if they want. they just don't want. they want to be the centre of everything and the game is about them. 

6 minutes ago, aws said:

The ref campaign against us seems to have ended after their embarrassment at Spurs. 

Provided that 'defeat' at Spurs doesnt cost us the league, maybe some good did come out of it.  If of course it does then fuck the cheating cunts.  

I know loads have said they think we have VAR for the benefit of TV. But it seems to me since the diaz incident , we don't even get that anymore. I've been watching the shite and I'd thought this before, they're reviewing the 3rd goal, but the TV experience is almost as bad as the stadium on, aside from the commentators waffling shit. They show you fuck all or next to fuck all till after the decision. I'm sure it must be deliberate, so they don't get caught out when people take pictures of what's on their TV and in seconds it's viral they've fucked up, often before the decision is made. Just fuck it off.