You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pint Before Maribor? 1st November.

AngryOfTuebrook

Can I suggest everyone carries a copy of The Times so forumites are more easily discernible to other customers in Usher wigs, pulling each other off while eating a curry. Just to save any embarrassment.

Your right. Hope I dont have one of those days where I cant resist the Daily Mail and end up pulling myself off.

That would be embaressing      

OK, let's get our shit together.

First question - Are we meeting in town or near the ground?

I reckon in Town would be better (and then getting another pint near the ground afterwards.)  Town would make it easier to actually meet up, because the pubs near the ground will be rammed.  

Second question - What pubs?

Has anyone got any strong preferences - or any places they really want to avoid?

In Town.  Stig favours The Liffey (although I've always had him down as a Superstar Boudoir kind of guy).  The Ship & Mitre has served us well in the past.  There are decent enough boozers all over the place, really.

Near the ground.  The Arkles. The Solly/Twelfth Man.  The Sandon.  The Park.  The Valley.  The King Harry...  Take your pick.  

Third question - What time?

I'll probably be coming straight from work (in Town) so I can get there any time.  What about you lot?

Fourth question - Who's actually coming?

I can never tell who means it and who's taking the piss.

• Upvote 2

OK, let's get our shit together.

First question - Are we meeting in town or near the ground?

I reckon in Town would be better (and then getting another pint near the ground afterwards.)  Town would make it easier to actually meet up, because the pubs near the ground will be rammed.  

Second question - What pubs?

Has anyone got any strong preferences - or any places they really want to avoid?

In Town.  Stig favours The Liffey (although I've always had him down as a Superstar Boudoir kind of guy).  The Ship & Mitre has served us well in the past.  There are decent enough boozers all over the place, really.

Near the ground.  The Arkles. The Solly/Twelfth Man.  The Sandon.  The Park.  The Valley.  The King Harry...  Take your pick.  

Third question - What time?

I'll probably be coming straight from work (in Town) so I can get there any time.  What about you lot?

Fourth question - Who's actually coming?

I can never tell who means it and who's taking the piss.

I am up for a pint for sure. 

I'll meet you lot when you get to a pub by the ground. Let me know which one.

To identify you, I'll just shout "Which of you is Angry?"

Anyone who isn't you will simply reply "Have you seen our defence mate? We're all fucking livid !!"

• Upvote 2

Should have read the thread title properly.

Went in every pub in town today asking random strangers if they were Angry of Tuebrook* 

That will learn me

*surprisingly several people said they were

Im Angry of Tuebrook and so's my wife 

OK - let's go for the Sandon for the boozer near the ground. I'll be in from around 18:30.

I've never been in there before so I dunno the layout - but I'll stand near the door and keep an eye out. I'll keep my phone out to check this thread.

So far, definites :-

• AngryOfTuebrook
  • Daved
  • Chip Butty
  • Jennings

What about Stig and the others??

Anyone else fancy it just add your name on here or meet us in the Sandon.

if anyone has any better ideas - post 'em up here.

OK - let's go for the Sandon for the boozer near the ground. I'll be in from around 18:30.

I've never been in there before so I dunno the layout - but I'll stand near the door and keep an eye out. I'll keep my phone out to check this thread.

• AngryOfTuebrook
  • Daved
  • Chip Butty
  • Jennings

Bin the match off and go on a pub crawl in town. Failing that, just go the Baltic Fleet, get yourselves comfy and get pissed.

• AngryOfTuebrook
  • Daved
  • Chip Butty
  • Jennings

Will you be wearing your Phil Dowd mask again?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wooooh there lads, it was either packin in meat for a month, or packing in ale and I was deffo not jacking the ale in, so we did a month off the meat, then grew into it. 

But ye, it was me bird that made me. Gods honest your honour.

I'm working late tomorrow as I've got a big install going on, so won't be getting to the ground till late, so don't think am making it before the game. Soz lads. 

• Upvote 1