You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle 1 Liverpool 1 (Oct 1 2017)

tlw content

In fact, actually, apart from City and Arsenal we've had an easy run of games too, yet we've failed to beat Watford, Burnley and Newcastle, needed a penalty save to avoid dropping points to Leicester and only just managed to edge out Crystal Palace who haven't even scored all season.

Stuff it.. yesterday I missed the game but i saw the highlights. We got to be more clinical in front of goal.

I say we start by beating the mancs 3-0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

In fact, actually, apart from City and Arsenal we've had an easy run of games too, yet we've failed to beat Watford, Burnley and Newcastle, needed a penalty save to avoid dropping points to Leicester and only just managed to edge out Crystal Palace who haven't even scored all season.

All very true but shows how fine the line is between winning and not. Sure we needed a penalty save against Leicester but you then have to say shit lino \ ref decision cost us 3 points against Watford plus Gini another couple of inches scores instead of coming back off the post.

All very true but shows how fine the line is between winning and not. Sure we needed a penalty save against Leicester but you then have to say shit lino \ ref decision cost us 3 points against Watford plus Gini another couple of inches scores instead of coming back off the post.

Utd came up with similar excuse's last season when they dominated teams like Burnley and Stoke at home and didn't win. 

They then went into the summer transfer window and addressed the weak areas they had last season. 

Utd came up with similar excuse's last season when they dominated teams like Burnley and Stoke at home and didn't win. 

They then went into the summer transfer window and addressed the weak areas they had last season. 

Yeah and if you remember, we tried to sign van dijk, keita and lemar. But some dastardly plan by FSG was just to con the fans into thinking that.

United also bought lukaku who plenty of here derided when he was at the shite. Not even like the shite would have sold him to us, is it?

The City and Arsenal games are generally among our easier games anyway (unless our best player gets sent off), as Guardiola or Wenger are too proud or stubborn to go Mourinho on us.

The rest of the teams were always going to fancy their chances against us.  Especially if they were able to win a couple of corners.

Yeah and if you remember, we tried to sign van dijk, keita and lemar. But some dastardly plan by FSG was just to con the fans into thinking that.

United also bought lukaku who plenty of here derided when he was at the shite. Not even like the shite would have sold him to us, is it?

To be honest I'm not really interested in we "tried" to buy insert list of names as appropriate.

The fact is we didn't get those players in FSG have been in charge of the club since 2010 and having shit transfer windows is a running theme with them and you can try and just look at the positives or buy into the excuses that are given every transfer window. 

Personally I'm not even angry anymore but just resigned to the fact that I don't see any major improvements happening under their ownership.

As for Lukaku he scored in a shite Everton side 20+ goals.

personally I thought he'd do well for the manc twats but I never thought we'd try to sign him or expect he would be sold to us.

The point I made is that shitebag mourinho is in his second year at the mancs and they have done the business they needed to do to challange for the league even with losing out on getting greizman in they still went out and got business done.

We on the otherhand decided that the only CB in the world that could improve us was VVD and left it at that when it didn't happen.

• Upvote 1

To be honest I'm not really interested in we "tried" to buy insert list of names as appropriate.

The fact is we didn't get those players in FSG have been in charge of the club since 2010 and having shit transfer windows is a running theme with them and you can try and just look at the positives or buy into the excuses that are given every transfer window.

Personally I'm not even angry anymore but just resigned to the fact that I don't see any major improvements happening under their ownership.

This

The most significant thing to happen since they took over is allowing Spurs to overtake us on the pitch.

They don't give a shit about us winning anything so it shouldn't be surprising there is no hunger or sense of urgency amongst the players to win either

Losers is the best description of this group of players. .

As for Lukaku he scored in a shite Everton side 20+ goals.

personally I thought he'd do well for the manc twats but I never thought we'd try to sign him or expect he would be sold to us.

The point I made is that shitebag mourinho is in his second year at the mancs and they have done the business they needed to do to challange for the league even with losing out on getting greizman in they still went out and got business done.

We on the otherhand decided that the only CB in the world that could improve us was VVD and left it at that when it didn't happen.

You see this is what I dont get in the real world. People seem to think all deals happen and dont take into account the realities in negotiations. Sure, Id love it if the club could click its fingers and all deals happen.

Im not a pessimistic kind of person so, I believe things will always pick up. If people want to take the view that things wont, well dont be surprised when that happens. Just depends on people's outlook I guess.

Look, as for the mancs they already had one of the world's top keepers. They also spunked £89m of pogba, he doesnt look too clever for that kind of money to me. They have had rashford come through the ranks. He looks like sturridge of a few years ago, give him sight of goal and he'll score. Lukaku is in a hot vein of form for them rightnow. But, he'll go through a spell when he cant hit a barn door as well.

We keep going over this 'only van dijk' stuff. How many more times? Klopp saw him as the man not his 2nd, 3rd or 4th shite like we've had before. The deal was virtually done and dusted until someone fucked it up. I mean for fuck's sake, if it wasnt for that he'd be here. He isnt but we allknow the reasons why. Im fucking sick to the back teeth of lFC signing 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice players and if we have to put up with some short term pain until we do sign van dijk or another target in january, its what we have to do, no point fucking moaning about it continually.

Very frustrating time , but not getting this ' Not catching the Mancs ' stance.

We beat United in a fortnight & we are 4 points behind a side who have had the easiest first two months fixtures ever devised , and weren't the bookies paying out on City winning the league about this time last year.

They way we play we are a very 'streaky' team & I can see us getting into a groove pretty soon where we win 9 out of 10 games or suchlike.

Let's hope you are right (as unlikely as it seems)

Let's look at what is a pretty likely scenario though in the very near future.

Lose to those bastards next game and lose to spurs and we are looking at a 13 pt gap to the mancs less than 10 games....given they have yet another (for them) gimme after us.

Should this quite likely but horrible scenario play out how do you think our mentally fragile players will handle it and how do you see it affecting the atmosphere around the club?

We are always trying to sign big players............... Problem is we very rarely do, and that can be linked back to every manager under FSG.

We've saved money for nearly 3 years in a row, and thats ok if your waiting to spend it in the right moment. And we all thought..... and were told that was to be this summer.

And after telling the world and his dog we were going to blow the league wide open with a £200+ million spend.  In reality we barely blew the cobwebs off our wallet.

Meanwhile United bought the players they needded and bought them early.......... and guess what..............  they did it without upsetting the selling club.

We are full of shit... and empty promises.

• Upvote 1

The fault for this lies at Klopp’s door, for me. He had serious money to spend this summer and didn’t. It defies belief that Albert The Moron is still here despite his OK showing this season. He has not had to fight his way back; he’s just been ushered back into the team.

Klopp's focus is far too skewed towards the long term. That can never work to the extent he appears to believe it can in a league as ultra competitive as ours.

I find some of these players infuriating but it’s not their fault they’re being picked. The shouts for a new spine from goal to centre forward are spot on. However, we’re also chronically weak at full back too.

It’s laudable developing kids but at least give them a top player to learn from. How do kids learn from kids as appears to be the case at right back?

Instead of whining about the media and kicking off at the fans, Klopp - a world class manager let’s not forget - needs to look at his own decisions and learn from them. Fast.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope you are right (as unlikely as it seems)

Let's look at what is a pretty likely scenario though in the very near future.

Lose to those bastards next game and lose to spurs and we are looking at a 13 pt gap to the mancs less than 10 games....given they have yet another (for them) gimme after us.

Should this quite likely but horrible scenario play out how do you think our mentally fragile players will handle it and how do you see it affecting the atmosphere around the club?

I would be very surprised if we lost both games , but if we did I would still not have any thoughts about getting rid of Klopp ,I would be looking to him to have us progress in Europe, dig in in the league ( A bit like Arsenal did after they were the 'crisis' team when we beat them) and be formulating a bold plan to upgrade the team in January.

If we lost both I don't think the atmosphere within the staff & players at Anfield would be the major problem it would be the disgruntlement ( with some justification ) of the fans.

I would be very surprised if we lost both games , but if we did I would still not have any thoughts about getting rid of Klopp ,I would be looking to him to have us progress in Europe, dig in in the league ( A bit like Arsenal did after they were the 'crisis' team when we beat them) and be formulating a bold plan to upgrade the team in January.

If we lost both I don't think the atmosphere within the staff & players at Anfield would be the major problem it would be the disgruntlement ( with some justification ) of the fans.

I in no way would suggest a call for Klopp to go would be right....but it would leave him with a lot of questions to answer and frankly i just want those answers as i am sure we all do to come in the shape of wins...

• Upvote 1

I in no way would suggest a call for Klopp to go would be right....but it would leave him with a lot of questions to answer and frankly i just want those answers as i am sure we all do to come in the shape of wins...

No argument with that an tha, the summer has been a mess but still expect him to move us forward. Has to be far less forgiving with quite a few players.

• Upvote 1

We are always trying to sign big players............... Problem is we very rarely do, and that can be linked back to every manager under FSG.

We've saved money for nearly 3 years in a row, and thats ok if your waiting to spend it in the right moment. And we all thought..... and were told that was to be this summer.

And after telling the world and his dog we were going to blow the league wide open with a £200+ million spend.  In reality we barely blew the cobwebs off our wallet.

Meanwhile United bought the players they needded and bought them early.......... and guess what..............  they did it without upsetting the selling club.

We are full of shit... and empty promises.

It's the first time under Klopp. Part of the problem is we still think we're a massive draw for the top players. People hark back to the signings of torres and suarez but neither of them were really seen as in demand players by other clubs. Plenty of clubs had looked at torres but none took a punt on him. Same as suarez who was just coming to the end of his biting ban in holland.

Id love us to sign these big name players but you've first got to be in the CL and then be prepared to pay them £200k to £300k a week. We cant afford to do that.

You mention saving for 3 years but who saw the fees this summer going crazy before they did? £70m for van Dijk, £60m for Keita (Id hardly heard of him) and £70m(?) for Lemar. That's £200m if all those deals had of come off.

You also claim the club told the world and his dog we were going to blow the league open so it should be easy for you to show a newspaper link where the clubs says this. You cant because the club didnt. Instead the likes of the echo and maybe some journos did but the club never. Those are the lies and empty promises. Im just surprised people keep pumping shit like this about the club saying this and that.

No argument with that an tha, the summer has been a mess but still expect him to move us forward. Has to be far less forgiving with quite a few players.

I still think he can move us forward as well but he IMO needs as you say to be far less forgiving with players and address some what appear to be blindspots.

I honestly thought the rebuild would have been further along by now.

I still think he can move us forward as well but he IMO needs as you say to be far less forgiving with players and address some what appear to be blindspots.

I honestly thought the rebuild would have been further along by now.

One of the things he did in Dortmund was a cull. Something we are in desperate need of. For many, this was a reason why they liked him, because they hoped he would be able to see the same is needed here. Unfortunately it seems he hasn’t seen this yet.

One of the things he did in Dortmund was a cull. Something we are in desperate need of. For many, this was a reason why they liked him, because they hoped he would be able to see the same is needed here. Unfortunately it seems he hasn’t seen this yet.

I've never understood why there hasn't been a cull here - especially given how so many of these players are the antithesis of him as men.

He is a passionate, loud, emotional, wears heart on sleeve, agresssive, full of fight man (football wise) yet he has a team full of quiet, timid, beige, mentally fragile men who don't have a lot of fight, who don't have a lot of aggression.....never mind the questionable ability in certain areas/depth.

I find it hard to believe he can genuinely like or believe in so many of these players as they are so far removed from what he is all about.

And that is before we get into how he can believe Lovren is good enough, Klavan is acceptable back up and so on.

How can a man who clearly believes in hard work and passion - heavy metal football look at Sturridge who is about as heavy metal these days as Val Doonican and think 'yeah this is the man to lead my attack'....It is baffling to me.

• Upvote 6