You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

I'll admit, I didn't agree with the witch hunt in some circles after the match. 

But if a player did that to him. He'd rightly get at least an 8 game ban. 

In my opinion, that's what lino should have got. No more than the player, and he certainly shouldn't have been driven out of his job. 

But getting away with it scott free. FUCK OFF 

• Upvote 3

Comparing the Mitrovic incident and this one is daft. There is no comparison. Mitrovoc chased after the ref and manhandled him. The linesman didn’t chase after Robertson and then elbow him. The two situations are totally different. 

I’d imagine Robertson is also quite happy to have this out of the way too and not have to be answering questions about it ad nauseam. 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Comparing the Mitrovic incident and this one is daft. There is no comparison. Mitrovoc chased after the ref and manhandled him. The linesman didn’t chase after Robertson and then elbow him. The two situations are totally different. 

I’d imagine Robertson is also quite happy to have this out of the way too and not have to be answering questions about it ad nauseam. 

He elbowed him in the face. Strange take 

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

I'll admit, I didn't agree with the witch hunt in some circles after the match. 

But if a player did that to him. He'd rightly get at least an 8 game ban. 

In my opinion, that's what lino should have got. No more than the player, and he certainly shouldn't have been driven out of his job. 

But getting away with it scott free. FUCK OFF 

This.

The lino wasn't pulling his arm away at all, he threw it up, made contact and should have faced the same vigorous investigation and penalty as a player or manager would in the same circumstances. Nothing more and nothing less.

A ridiculous conclusion, statement and a blatant lie.

• Upvote 2

They were emboldened by the media and pundit reaction - allows them to do what they want.

We should go hard and tell them we won’t be officiated by that team of officials again. That’s what other clubs would do. 

• Upvote 1

So it's open slather on Robbo now. Kanes crippler last season, grab him by the throat, elbow him in the face and give him a yellow card and the club say fuck all. Useless bunch of eunuchs.

Even if Roobbo did touch his arm, which I haven't seen in any footage, that's a natural way of getting someones attention when they are walking away from you. An elbow in the face is not a natural reaction. We're not going anywhere this season so we should go public and refuse some of these officials entry to the ground. Incompetent, corrupt self serving twats. If we just roll over and accept these sort of decisions it will never improve.

Absolutely incompetent and rotten to the core. And the worst part is the media just accept it and move on. If a player gets accused of something and the cameras appear to back it up, forget his word, he's guilty and that's that. If an official gets accused, and contradicts the camera evidence, his word counts and he's off the hook. Really outrageous behaviour. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I wonder if anybody really expected any other outcome? PGMOL and EPL are both incompetent.

That's not incompetence, though. It's corruption. The linesman himself gets away with a description of what he did that is blatantly contradicted by the clear evidence caught on camera. Smart lawyers ought to seize on it the next time a player gets accused of an alleged assault, but they won't, because the game seems to be in the grip of fatalism (except when it's the Super League). 

38 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Absolutely incompetent and rotten to the core. And the worst part is the media just accept it and move on. If a player gets accused of something and the cameras appear to back it up, forget his word, he's guilty and that's that. If an official gets accused, and contradicts the camera evidence, his word counts and he's off the hook. Really outrageous behaviour. 

That's the key takeaway for me. Not one of them has questioned the basis on which this decision was made. I'd call them stenographers, but stenographers perform an important function. The British press comfort the comfortable and afflict the afflicted. I hate them with the heat of a thousand suns.

• Upvote 3