You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Radio Thread

Bjornebye

Moyles is far better on this than he ever was on Radio 1. Vernon Kay is alright too but more for the tunes he plays. Not sure I've heard him play a bad song. Kay used to do a late morning slot on radio 1 on a saturday and sunday. Only time you'd hear decent music coming from that fucking station. 

Talk sport does my head in unless its live footy I need to listen too. Same with 5live. 

I do like Radio 2 on a sunday afternoon if I'm cooking a roast. Well used too anyway. 

That Vernon Kay show used to be the soundtrack to our drives to 3 o'clock kick offs. There would always be one stand out tune.

I love it when particular music/films become an essential part of those kind of enjoyable activities 

But when I'm at home it's 5 Live (can't get it in the car, signal is shit). Especially a fan of Fighting Talk and the Danny Baker show on Saturdays.

See above. 

Our listening is about 50/50 between Spotify and Radio 6 Music. 6 has a wide range of stuff, weekends and evenings are brilliant. Between Marc Riley, Giles Peterson, Jarvis, Cerys, Tom Ravenscroft, Tom Robinson and Craig Charles I get pretty much my entire fix from a fairly wide range of genres.

I mostly listen to Pandora, or playlists I created on Amazon Music. (Mrs G pays for Amazon Prime as she does a lot of packages and shipping, and it turns out there's lots of tv and movies thrown in, and also music).

Sometimes I listen to Radio 2 for a taste of home. If we're on a car trip driving down to Florida on holiday or something, we might listen to the breakfast show, then Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine and Steve Wright back to back to back.

Radio 5 and BBC Scotland for matches and the latter for hilarious petty bickering around Scotland's national sport. Radio 4 for the Today programme/other current affairs programmes, World service for various documentaries but mainly in the form of podcasts.

I have BBC World Service on almost permanent. Newshour Extra 9am-10am is excellent. There is a treasure trove of stuff although the repetition can be a bit annoying. Alan Green's World Football Show is a good alternative to the usual tabloid titillation.

5live Mon - Wed 1am-5am Up All Night with Rhod Sharp is pretty good for an insight into what's happening stateside. The Friday night 7pm preview of the sporting weekend has the potential of being a good show but often spoiled by the stiffs they have in as guests.

5 Live breakfast first thing like a bit of chat in the morning then Ken Bruce at half 9 on Radio 2 is a must, might go back to 5 live if there is something interesting happening otherwise just stick to any station .

As I'm in a van all day I don't listen to commercial radio much the adverts drive me mad so I might have Radio 2 on or just listen to music off my phone I have better taste than Steve Wright I know that's not hard

It depends on what's happening in the world. If there's a major event going on then I usually listen to 5 Live for news. If its live sport then it depends on what event is taking place but I usually flick between 5 Live and Talk Sport and sometimes Merseyside. I've just about given up on trying to listen to 5 Live and Talk Sport in the car as the reception seems to get worse every day. If I'm in the car then it tends to be Classic FM for music. I sometimes listen to Absolute 80s when I'm in work.