You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Think we will let him go in the next couple of days?

I think if we get Lemar in, and possibly Sanches on loan for a season, then they'll let him go.  Although the Echo are running a Brazillan rumor that Neymar has told him to swerve the move to Barca this season as 'he won't regret it.'

PSG next season for silly money?

I think if we get Lemar in, and possibly Sanches on loan for a season, then they'll let him go. Although the Echo are running a Brazillan rumor that Neymar has told him to swerve the move to Barca this season as 'he won't regret it.'

PSG next season for silly money?

Maybe. The thing I’d have an issue with is people saying we are spending the Coutinho money on these players. You do not spend money of that magnitude as a business person without being guaranteed the income. Not a promise. Not a handshake deal. If the deal for him to go is done with Barca this season, then this is the Coutinho money. If the deal is something we will listen to next season, then it’s not the Coutinho money. Certainly we can’t have it both ways next season, with some saying now that these signings are just Coutinho money, then when we sell him and buy next year, also dismissing them.

But yeah, as to what you said instead of that waffle above... maybe, yeah. I’d happily sell him for ridiculous money next season. Or this season. He’s a brilliant player, but that money can make us a brilliant team. If people don’t want to play for us, they can get out.

I'm still recovering from the Arsenal match, haven't had the time to catch up on news, are we actually in for Van Dijk & Lamar/Lemar? Or is it just the twitterati gossip at this stage?

Not allowing myself to get hopes up just yet as we've got a long, storied history of fuck ups, but if we do pull this off it'll be the best window I can remember going back to when I was a kid.

edit: Any news on Phil leaving?