You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We're going balls out for Mbappe, gentlemen. We intend to pose a clear and present danger to the rest of the Premier Leagueship.

If we can't convince him to join us, for a fee which adds 50% again onto the current world record amount for a football player, we'll just tell Madrid they can't have Ings.

As stated already Ferdinand was bought for 30 mill 15 years ago. I bought a house that year and it's on the market at the moment (not by me) for 2.5 times that.

The games has been dominated by money for a long time now.

You bought a house that's now on the market for £75m? You've just outed yourself as an FSG creeper account.

Current front 3 options:

Mane

Salah

Firmino

Coutinho 

Sturridge

Lallana

Solanke

Ings

Woodburn

Of these 7 I would anticipate that Sturridge will not be available for at least 50% of the games going by previous form.  Ings is a worry, two major injuries in a row (and one in his younger days at Burnley IIRC) means his joints could crumble at any time.

Solanke is an unknown quantity and Woodburn hasn;t shown enough in his Cameos to convince me he's good enough to start in PL games if he's called upon.

That leaves us the same options as least season + Salah which I don't think is enough for a League campaign, Champions League (assuming we qualify) and a couple of cup runs. 

I'd add Brewster to that list.

Also think we'll end up with another FW, just not another striker.

What an investment Dembele will have been for the BVB if they sell him to Barcelona now. I wonder whether he still would want to leave if Tuchel was still in charge. Reportedly they were pretty close.

Yup. £65m each for Van Dijk and Keita in this window will probably be seen as small potatoes and a shrewd investment in 12 months time.

How old ? 25 and 22 respectively, fuck it, we can't lose. Spend the money and bring them in.

• Upvote 1

I do agree that we would be better off swapping Sturridge for someone good and fit.

But I also reckon both Origi and Firmino will be better than last season.

As you say, Origi and Firminio should improve.

Problem we may have is Arsenal, Spurs Chelsea, United, City and possibly others are likely to improve to a greater extent