You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

There's plenty of other players we can go for, of course they might not all be as good as VVD/Keita (some may be), but what I'm afraid of is that we dally around these two players for too long, and if we dont get them we might have lost out on other opportunities. But I hope we have some clever people that closely follow up on this, and that we indeed still have a fair chance of signing them - if not, its time to say fuck it and asap go for someone else. We need a good CB and central midfielder, we don't need dreams of VVD and Keita.

Klopp is prepared to go into the 2017/18 campaign with the striking options he already has at his disposal.

#LFC (James Pearce)

The hope is that #Ings will have a part to play in 2017/18 but he will need to be eased back in gently. (James Pearce)

I can understand this to an extent.  We only play with 1 up front, and we have Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Ings on the books.  I think Klopp really rates Origi and he could push on next season.  We've heard nothing in terms of discontent around Origi and selling him.

Also, Klopp doesn't just 'settle' for a player if he can't get the one he really wants.  This, if true, would suggest he's got his eye on a player that won't be available this summer and is happy to wait.

Timo Werner perhaps.  

• Upvote 1

Yep.

Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge and Mane will inevitably miss parts of the season with injury leaving us lacking in attack

Yep. Hopefully Mane's absence was a one-off but the other three are injury prone by any definition (one more so than the others).

Yeah it's not like we don't have, oh, mane, lallana, coutinho in addition to firmino and a lesser extent origi capable of banging them in, is it?

Fuck, I even forgot salah too!

You forgot Solanke too. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is correct. I just hope it means we've got real plans to buy a top class CB and midfielder.

Current front 3 options:

Mane

Salah

Firmino

Coutinho 

Sturridge

Lallana

Solanke

Ings

Woodburn

Of these 7 I would anticipate that Sturridge will not be available for at least 50% of the games going by previous form.  Ings is a worry, two major injuries in a row (and one in his younger days at Burnley IIRC) means his joints could crumble at any time.

Solanke is an unknown quantity and Woodburn hasn;t shown enough in his Cameos to convince me he's good enough to start in PL games if he's called upon.

That leaves us the same options as least season + Salah which I don't think is enough for a League campaign, Champions League (assuming we qualify) and a couple of cup runs. 

• Upvote 3