You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

No issue with Robertson

We are not soending 40ml and 200k on Mendy. Not many great value LB around and if it around the 10ml mark he is worth a shot,we are not going to loose money at that price

And he's a scot. Never won a title without having a scot in the team apparently!

Celtic fan and all. I'm all in. 

nah seriously i'm fucking not. 

We should have gone all out to get 

Salah (I didn't originally want him but he will be boss I reckon)

Van Dijk

Keita

Sessegnon/Tierney (either or)

And a striker. Lacazette or Aubemyang if we are gonna let Sturridge go. 

Your talking say 220 million lay out there. 70 million could be raised from selling Moreno, Lucas, Sakho, Markovic and Sturridge. So thats 150 million quid to have a title winning team. Fucking fuck off FSG. Abramovich would have had it done right away. I know he is a cunt but he wants his team to win shit. 

In the words of someone on here

Let's not have 'jam tomorrow' 

Especially when the pricks are charging top prices and all around will be improving their squads. Another repeat of Bodgers summer fiasco and I am sure I won't be the only person out. Fool me once,  shame on you, fool me 34 times, shame on me. 

Would you put money on LFC signing these players?!'

Mark Gazzard: Obvious question but if James is a betting man would he put any money on Liverpool signing

A: Virgil van Dijk

B: Naby keita

C: Ox Chamberlain

James:

I am a betting man but I wouldn’t be putting anything on those three deals as it stands. Too much is up in the air. If you twisted my arm, I’d say Oxlade-Chamberlain was most likely but that’s still a long way off happening.

Would you put money on LFC signing these players?!'

Mark Gazzard: Obvious question but if James is a betting man would he put any money on Liverpool signing

A: Virgil van Dijk

B: Naby keita

C: Ox Chamberlain

James:

I am a betting man but I wouldn’t be putting anything on those three deals as it stands. Too much is up in the air. If you twisted my arm, I’d say Oxlade-Chamberlain was most likely but that’s still a long way off happening.

dcf53d4b4ad4712a4e18019f5f64803e.gif
  • Upvote 5

James Pearce, Joyce etc... don't often tweet convenient snippets from their articles, they expect you to actually read them for the info which is bullshit. Those middleman accounts are great.

Whereas the middlemen don't put out the questions (it was a Q&A from today) and summarise the answers stripping them of any context.

The full text of the third tweet, for example, is

"When are we going to accept defeat and move on to other targets?

JP: I guess you are referring to Van Dijk and Keita. It’s a good question. Both deals look very difficult for Liverpool to pull off.

There will come a time when they have to look elsewhere, but with pre-season not yet underway I don’t believe we’re there yet.

Things could change when those two go back to their respective clubs to train but as it stands they are not for sale."

Which paints a different picture to the tweet.