You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Liverpool target Naby Keita has ambitions of playing for "one of the very big clubs" but appears to have a preference for Manchester City over Jurgen Klopp's side when it comes to the Premier League.

The highly-rated Guinea midfielder, whom RB Leipzig value at £70m, name-checked City alongside Barcelona and Real Madrid when discussing where he wants to be in a couple of years' time.

According to Welt the 22-year-old turned down a move to England last summer as he felt he needed more development time at a non-Champions League club. However, a successful season in the Bundesliga, in which he helped Leipzig to second place securing Champions League football, has enhanced his profile and now he is now more confident about his abilities.

"I hope, however, that I have the level in two, three years and could play for one of the very big clubs," he told Welt. “This includes Barcelona, but it also includes Real Madrid or Manchester City."

To be honest I don't think City need Keita. They already have de Bruyne and David Silva who are both better playmakers than him for Guardiola's style, they have Gundogan (however intermittently) and they've just signed Bernardo Silva who could end up playing in the middle for them too.

Given Fernandinho isn't up to Guardiola's usual standard and Yaya Toure can't run any more they might want him for a deeper midfield role but that isn't his best position at all.

Ive had a little look at Keita on all the youtubes etc that i could find. Really good player, creative and energetic. Is lightweight a fair description though? He doesnt lack any bottle from what i can see and he seems to press constantly but i cant see what the plan is for him, also taking account of the fact that i thought that Coutinho was also going to be playing centrally this season?

Mignolet

Clyne Matip CB LB

Can Lallana

Mane Coutinho Salah

Firminho

Ward

Lovren

TAA

Wij

Henderson

Milner

Solanke

Sturridge

It looks a decent squad too. I just dont see how we can accomodate Phil and Keita centrally. Thoughts?

Ive had a little look at Keita on all the youtubes etc that i could find. Really good player, creative and energetic. Is lightweight a fair description though? He doesnt lack any bottle from what i can see and he seems to press constantly but i cant see what the plan is for him, also taking account of the fact that i thought that Coutinho was also going to be playing centrally this season?

Mignolet

Clyne Matip CB LB

Can Lallana

Mane Coutinho Salah

Firminho

Ward

Lovren

TAA

Wij

Henderson

Milner

Solanke

Sturridge

It looks a decent squad too. I just dont see how we can accomodate Phil and Keita centrally. Thoughts?

By swapping Lallana or Can for Keita, surely?