You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

€80 million though. That's fucking mad.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the club just go "fuck it!" And get someone else in.

60/70 million has become the new 30 million pound transfer. The games gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated already Ferdinand was bought for 30 mill 15 years ago. I bought a house that year and it's on the market at the moment (not by me) for 2.5 times that.

The games has been dominated by money for a long time now.

I've seen a lot of YT vids of him that I wasn't too impressed with, but last night found an Ace one that showed me why he's got a bit of everything:

Stop fucking about John... Get your money out..and get him signed

People determined to talk themselves out of wanting quality players by digging up old quotes.

It was posted on F365 today and it's the first time 99% of people have read the quote I imagine so not sure why that is talking ourselves out of wanting quality players. I would love him here as would most of us.

Klopp is prepared to go into the 2017/18 campaign with the striking options he already has at his disposal.

#LFC (James Pearce)

The hope is that #Ings will have a part to play in 2017/18 but he will need to be eased back in gently. (James Pearce)

Klopp is prepared to go into the 2017/18 campaign with the striking options he already has at his disposal.

#LFC (James Pearce)

The hope is that #Ings will have a part to play in 2017/18 but he will need to be eased back in gently. (James Pearce)

shoot.gif

• Upvote 2

Utterly reliant on Firmino it is then.

Pretty obvious we can't get Sturridge of the books.

Yeah it's not like we don't have, oh, mane, lallana, coutinho in addition to firmino and a lesser extent origi capable of banging them in, is it?

Fuck, I even forgot salah too!

Yeah it's not like we don't have, oh, mane, lallana, coutinho in addition to firmino and a lesser extent origi capable of banging them in, is it?

The main thing you seem to have forgotten is the position they play.
  • Upvote 1

Origi couldnt even bang it into his mrs and his cock runs the entire length of Anfield.

You only mentioned one other striker, and he's more a false nine.

Good attempt anyway mate.

Push the boat out and sign Keita.

If Southampton really aren't playing ball with VVD then gazump Everton at the last minute for Keane. Not as good as VVD but half the price and a solid enough defender with years ahead of him. Laughing at Everton would also be a nice byproduct of the transaction.

• Upvote 1

Push the boat out and sign Keita.

If Southampton really aren't playing ball with VVD then gazump Everton at the last minute for Keane. Not as good as VVD but half the price and a solid enough defender with years ahead of him. Laughing at Everton would also be a nice byproduct of the transaction.

Still confident we'll get both. £130m will do it !

Think we may even get AOC and a left back too.

#LFC (James Pearce)

fucking hell. you couldn't make it up. expecting a player who's barely kicked a ball in 2 years at the club to contribute. nice to know we've learnt the lessons of last summer. 

James Pearce could deflate a rock.

haha. he certainly has a certain charm and it is quite stunning for a bloke who's effective role is to be a cheer leader. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we dont sign any of them (VVD & Keita). If the clubs dont want to sell they dont want to sell. We cannot force them to sell. Of course, if the player(s) are vocal about them wanting to leave, it might just force the hand of the club(s) - unless you pull a LFC, meaning just deny the player the wanted move, as we did with Suarez the summer before he left for Barcelona.

Wouldnt be surprised if we dont sign any of them (VVD & Keita). If the clubs dont want to sell they dont want to sell. We cannot force them to sell. Of course, if the player(s) are vocal about them wanting to leave, it might just force the hand of the club(s) - unless you pull a LFC, meaning just deny the player the wanted move, as we did with Suarez the summer before he left for Barcelona.

While you might be right about that, the concerning thing is how are we improving our squad. In the last 12 months we've gone for Dahoud, Brandt and Pulisic who we were happy to wait for our moment, before our moment didn't arrive. I struggle to believe these two players are the only two in their positions the world over who we could go for.