You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Alright there, Gary.

It was just a joke.

He died last year ,  30 odd years of piss taking by Liverpool fans killed him , 

Sprake wasnt a good keeper at all. He was the 60's version of dave fucking bessant costing leeds many a game with his shiteness.

You're right, revie and a few players grassed on him after he broke the fixing story though.

500 games with 200 clean sheets in the top flight would suggest otherwise. Revie would have binned him off in 5 minutes had he been as shite as you suggest

TBH It see it the same way.  Karius spent at least a year in atop league as a first choice.  Expectation were he was going to come in and take the shirt.  

Ward still in seems to be in the "development" phase of his career.

At least that's my excuse.

Ward had a hell of a lot more competitive football last year than Karius.  He's also faced the pressure of representing his country in the opening match of the Euros and winning a penalty shootout in the play-off final at Wembley.  I'd probably trust him to handle the pressure of a Premier League match better than Karius.

Karius still has the air of someone who is trying to prove something.  This leads him to try fancy - and risky - stuff, when the boring, safe stuff is required.

Far too early for definitive judgements on this lad.

Also considering he is a keeper he is years away from his peak too.

Until he has a run of at least 20 games either here or somewhere on loan il reserve judgement.

You know that's not the way we operate here,knee jerking all the way are the only responses which carry weight.

You know that's not the way we operate here,knee jerking all the way are the only responses which carry weight.

Bit different when its the keeper. A midfielder making a few errors or a striker missing chances doesn't usually cost you the game, We don't have the luxury of letting this kid learn on the job.

Loan him out or sell him but ffs don't play him 

Bit different when its the keeper. A midfielder making a few errors or a striker missing chances doesn't usually cost you the game, We don't have the luxury of letting this kid learn on the job.

Loan him out or sell him but ffs don't play him

Hard to see him improving if he doesn't play though. I don't rate Ward from what I've seen of him so we really are in need of another keeper. I'd be happy for Karius to back up an experienced goalkeeper,but not Mignolet.

Klopp has made his decision and that's that. He's got most things right while here so lets hope he gets this one right too. The lad isn't going to get experience sat on the bench and to be fair to Mignolet he has responded well to competition. Its quite ironic that people have constantly said Mignolet isnt good enough yet complain when Klopp changes it too! Its almost as if we are only ever looking to moan about everything despite the team making giant leaps in recent seasons.

• Upvote 1

I feel for Ward. Karius has done absolutely nothing for us to deserve that role.

What has Ward done to prove he is ready for champions league football?

If the man who watches them train every day (and picks the team) has decided Karius deserves that role, then he deserves it. He has already proven capable of performing to a very high standard in a top competition, after all.

• Upvote 1

I can’t help but think back to how good Karius was and how well he performed in his last season in Germany. The move seems to have swallowed him up.

That said, I can’t agree with changing keepers between CL and Premier League games. Regardless of who the choice is, the back positions need to play together as much as possible.

I think a top keeper is something we need to sort reasonably soon. I’d have had Begović this summer.

I've allowed myself at times to imagine we can go far in the Champions League this season. That definitely won't happen with Karius in goal.  

There's absolutely no way that he doesn't cost us at some point along the way.  He's the worst keeper I've ever seen get a regular game for Liverpool

Same as it ever was, we are a far more dangerous team in a cup format than over the course of the season. If we stay healthy until the knockouts....

Karius is fucking shite, can't see Klopp's logic on this one.

Neither can I.  The only thing I can think of is that Karius will face less of an aerial bombardment in the CL.  He might get better protection from the refs and work himself into some form.

Regardless, I think it's the wrong decision to predetermine selection in this way.  It should always be made on a game by game basis.