You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Wenger does things like this, I don't think it works. You have to play your best keeper.

I hope we go for a proper keeper at some stage but I don't think we will.

Every manager has a blind spot.

Worked okay for Real and Barca. Ancelotti won the CL rotating Diego Lopez and Casillas while Barca did the double playing Bravo in the league and Ter Stegen in the CL.

The only issue is we are talking about freaking Mignolet and Karius here. But, I don't really find a need to discriminate between the two. They are equally shite.

Neither can I. The only thing I can think of is that Karius will face less of an aerial bombardment in the CL. He might get better protection from the refs and work himself into some form.

Regardless, I think it's the wrong decision to predetermine selection in this way. It should always be made on a game by game basis.

Klopp is far from the first top manager to make such a preselection. Not saying I agree, I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I do see the logic in telling the goalies I trust you, and I'm gonna judge you over a run of games rather than game by game.

That remains to be seen, I think. Karius hasn't played enough to properly make up a an opinion on him.

He certainly hasn't played properly, 

Mig is a known quantity , not great but known. We can get out of the group stages with him,

Karius could quite possibly cost us our place in the competition. IMO he no 3 keeper.

• Downvote 1

Like I said, he hasn't played enough.

Mignolet has played for years, he isn't good enough. 

The bottom line is we are taking ridiculous chances with these guys and should have replaced the pair of them in the summer, Beggars belief that a club with Liverpool's status and ambitions should be fucking about with these two clowns 

That remains to be seen, I think. Karius hasn't played enough to properly make up a an opinion on him.

Like I said, he hasn't played enough.

Mignolet has played for years, he isn't good enough. 

Completely agree. Not seen nearly enough time in the side to warrant a decision. Far too young to be written off as a GK as well

Klopp is far from the first top manager to make such a preselection. Not saying I agree, I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I do see the logic in telling the goalies I trust you, and I'm gonna judge you over a run of games rather than game by game.

Yeah I hope he proves me wrong and it works a treat.  I just have flashbacks of Dudek being earmarked for the cup competitions with Rafa, that didn't end well. 

Todays game obviously gave no real answers. Not that one single game ever will for a goalkeeper.

But clear signs that he's better with his feet than Mignolet, which to be fair shouldn't be benchmark.

Also his ability to start counter attacks, mainly by throwing, was decent.

Commands his area much better- no where near as good a shot stopper though.

If I had a decent spanner, one that was functional and did the job required, I wouldn't think I'd be better trying something else to try and do the job of the spanner.

I'd still look enviously at the adjustable spanner that was expertly forged and could do multiple jobs well, of course.

But I wouldn't use a spoon instead of a spanner.

• Upvote 1