You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

Sorry, but this smacks of self-serving indulgent crap to me.

Hades may be a walking communist cliche, but his point in the other thread about low earners having been priced out of attending football matches for more than a decade is spot on.

However now that it's hitting the middle class fan, concern about affordability is suddenly a thing that demands direct action? Okay then.

Just like the economy since the coalition.

I was priced out years ago but fully support any effort by fans to make a statement.

I'd go for a 90 minute boycott (like the players most weeks!) but from small acorns large oaks grow,etc.

Meanwhile elsewhere.....

• Rich Premier League clubs can't agree on way forward to help away fans
  • Clubs spent more time debating issue than any other at London meeting
  • Big clubs vote against proposal to cap tickets for away fans at £30
  • Norwich chairman and former Chancellor Ed Balls present at summit

The richest league in the world received confirmation of their extraordinary £8billion-plus haul from TV rights on Thursday, yet couldn’t agree the way forward to help away fans.

The 20 Premier League clubs, despite being awash with money over the next three seasons (£5.1bn domestic and £3bn overseas), spent more time debating the issue of assisting travelling supporters than any other item on the agenda during a five-and-a-half-hour meeting in London.

The big clubs, as usual, were against the sensible proposal to cap away tickets at £30, although Everton spoke loudly in favour.

In a secret ballot, seven or eight clubs are understood to have opposed the capping — those led by greedy Arsenal who charge away supporters the most — leaving the Premier League short of the 14-club majority needed to make such changes.

The proposal will be back on the table at the March meeting after clubs voted heavily against the compromise of a funding arrangement where clubs would get money to help travelling supporters which they could use in varied ways.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3432561/Premier-League-clubs-make-8bn-TV-rights-big-boys-vote-proposal-cap-away-tickets-30.html#ixzz3zIDUqnC6 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3432561/Premier-League-clubs-make-8bn-TV-rights-big-boys-vote-proposal-cap-away-tickets-30.html#ixzz3zIDHw6hQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bet traditional early darters, who've had to stay rooted to their seats since Klopp shamed them, will be rubbing their hands together while leaving under the camouflage of protest.

No, they will have to leave on 70 minutes in case they get held up in any kind of delay caused by a lot of fans leaving early. 

• Upvote 3

So I know when to turn off my stream because some confusion here, am I turning it off and walking out of my living room in the 77th minute, on 76:01, or on 77 minutes on the clock?

If you leave on 78mins you'll look a right tool..

Maybe people should walk out on the minute that they see, in monetary terms, as being a fair price. I make that £8.32 with the current squad

Someone better tell Danny Murphy. If he's commentating he will no doubt not have got wind of it and will launch into a dull tone speech of how it never happened in his day and people "stayed until the end"

As for Lawro, he'll do his best to insult everyone's intelligence with a witty quip about the price of the sausage rolls

There's three of us and we'll all be heading out.  During the H&G protests there was always people who said "it won't change anything" and "just support the team" but we all know how that turned out in the end.  With belief and solidarity we can achieve anything.

• Upvote 8

Klopp in 2012 at Dortmund, Fsg, Ayre and Co will hope he doesn't say something similar.

With Liverpool supporters set to protest the club’s unjust ticket price hike in Saturday’s clash with Sunderland, Jurgen Klopp will see history repeat itself.

Liverpool supporters are urged to leave their seats on the 77th minute at Anfield on Saturday, in protest of the club’s ticket price increase from 2016/17, with some tickets valued at £77.

Reacting to news of the club’s adjusted price structure, supporters group Spion Kop 1906 labelled this as “the first stage of many planned protests against the club.”

That Fenway Sports Group are looking to profit even further from supporters just months after appointing Jurgen Klopp, a manager who has strived to foster a belief within the fanbase, is remarkable.

This further separates the club and its supporters, and unfortunately, Klopp and his players find themselves caught in the middle.

For Klopp, this is nothing new, as supporters at his former club, Borussia Dortmund, staged a similar protest to ticket pricing in 2012.

After joining supporters of other Bundesliga clubs in a walkout boycott in 2010, in reaction to prices breaching €20, the travelling Yellow Wall followed suit in 2012 during Dortmund’s away clash with Hamburg, whose cheapest seats were priced at €40.

While ticket prices in the Bundesliga are relatively cheap compared to the parasitic, consumer-driven Premier League, this proved to be an effective protest.

Supporting this standpoint back in 2012, Klopp described supporters’ movements as an “echo of thunder.”

“That’s going to be like an echo of thunder. There will be no winners. When the away terracing is filled, it can get very loud,” he said.

The former Mainz manager also explained how he could “really understand the protest,” calling for a compromise when it comes to pricing.

“Who knows what these people endure to be here and support us in the stadium?

“If then 1,000 fans leave the stadium, I guess their concerns are quite big.

“We all have to be careful, that’s clear, not to make things worse, there have to be talks.

“Either [the talks] were of no avail or have not taken place up to now. I can really understand the protest.”

Klopp has proven himself to be hugely sympathetic to the struggles of the modern football supporter both on and off the field, and coming months after his move to Merseyside, this will come as a huge disappointment.

Without fans, there is no football, and Klopp is well aware of this. Sadly, FSG are not

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/jurgen-klopp-reacts-to-dortmund-ticket-unrest-in-2012-i-can-really-understand-the-protest/

Klopp in 2012 at Dortmund, Fsg, Ayre and Co will hope he doesn't say something similar.

With Liverpool supporters set to protest the club’s unjust ticket price hike in Saturday’s clash with Sunderland, Jurgen Klopp will see history repeat itself.

Liverpool supporters are urged to leave their seats on the 77th minute at Anfield on Saturday, in protest of the club’s ticket price increase from 2016/17, with some tickets valued at £77.

Reacting to news of the club’s adjusted price structure, supporters group Spion Kop 1906 labelled this as “the first stage of many planned protests against the club.”

That Fenway Sports Group are looking to profit even further from supporters just months after appointing Jurgen Klopp, a manager who has strived to foster a belief within the fanbase, is remarkable.

This further separates the club and its supporters, and unfortunately, Klopp and his players find themselves caught in the middle.

For Klopp, this is nothing new, as supporters at his former club, Borussia Dortmund, staged a similar protest to ticket pricing in 2012.

After joining supporters of other Bundesliga clubs in a walkout boycott in 2010, in reaction to prices breaching €20, the travelling Yellow Wall followed suit in 2012 during Dortmund’s away clash with Hamburg, whose cheapest seats were priced at €40.

While ticket prices in the Bundesliga are relatively cheap compared to the parasitic, consumer-driven Premier League, this proved to be an effective protest.

Supporting this standpoint back in 2012, Klopp described supporters’ movements as an “echo of thunder.”

“That’s going to be like an echo of thunder. There will be no winners. When the away terracing is filled, it can get very loud,” he said.

The former Mainz manager also explained how he could “really understand the protest,” calling for a compromise when it comes to pricing.

“Who knows what these people endure to be here and support us in the stadium?

“If then 1,000 fans leave the stadium, I guess their concerns are quite big.

“We all have to be careful, that’s clear, not to make things worse, there have to be talks.

“Either [the talks] were of no avail or have not taken place up to now. I can really understand the protest.”

Klopp has proven himself to be hugely sympathetic to the struggles of the modern football supporter both on and off the field, and coming months after his move to Merseyside, this will come as a huge disappointment.

Without fans, there is no football, and Klopp is well aware of this. Sadly, FSG are not

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/jurgen-klopp-reacts-to-dortmund-ticket-unrest-in-2012-i-can-really-understand-the-protest/

I think that if Klopp doesn't speak out in favour of the fans, that he's one big piece of chicken shit.

Klopp's press conference finished. No journalist asked him about planned ticket protest. Did ask lots on Teixeira and Allardyce though.

cant see a liveblog on the echo today. I usually get the gist of the presser from there. where did you get it?