You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

Not sure how you make that point to FSG though.

They can't miss something they've never had.

Maybe the key is for the old matchgoers to make a deal of one game, say the last game of the season at Anfield, and generate a mad atmosphere and say to FSG, "look, this is what WOULD happen with lower prices".

And then, with lower ticket prices, demand goes through the roof even more than it does now, and there HAS to be an element of fairness in terms of getting tickets, be you a local or OOT'er. Really don't know what the answer is.

Applause on the 59th minute is way out of order. But the reaction from FSG was the best we could hope for in this situation, and they deserve some credit for it. Not appreciating the outstretched hand saying “we want more!” doesn’t feel right either.

What about a banner lifted during the pre match YNWA:

“Thank you for listening. Let’s make this great club invincible again. Together!”

Cringeworthy.

How about: "The prices are still too fucking expensive, you pisstaking cunts."

• Upvote 3

Apparently people are calling to make football cheaper to get on the tele as well. Sounds like Liverpool fans have started something here. Scousers always leading the way. Dead proud.

"I've always hated this "Scousers always leading the way" stuff. I find it cringeworthy and the rest of the country just use it as a stick to beat Scousers with. It's better to be modest than blow your own trumpet. Anyway, I doubt our fans are the first British football fans to have ever protested about ticket prices, it's just that anything Liverpool FC related is incredibly newsworthy. Credit to all those who walked out, though.

Cringeworthy.

How about: "The prices are still too fucking expensive, you pisstaking cunts."

To them that’ll sound like a spoilt child with an ice cream in his hand crying “I want chocolate!”

You need to be a bit more diplomatic. They’re listening now, don’t waste the opportunity. The way forward is to make them understand prices must be cut in half. You’ll not achieve anything by starting a war.  Don’t cut off the outstretched arm. They’re not stupid you know, maybe it’s possible to reason with them as well?

• Upvote 1

To them that’ll sound like a spoilt child with an ice cream in his hand crying “I want chocolate!”

You need to be a bit more diplomatic. They’re listening now, don’t waste the opportunity. The way forward is to make them understand prices must be cut in half. You’ll not achieve anything by starting a war. Don’t cut off the outstretched arm. They’re not stupid you know, maybe it’s possible to reason with them as well?

Great post that.

You need to be a bit more diplomatic. They’re listening now, don’t waste the opportunity. The way forward is to make them understand prices must be cut in half. You’ll not achieve anything by starting a war. Don’t cut off the outstretched arm. They’re not stupid you know, maybe it’s possible to reason with them as well?

Fucking hell. I wasn't being serious!

The counter to that is that so many fans who were a part of the great atmosphere created have been gradually priced out over time.

The best atmosphere many have ever experienced was the Chelsea semi in 2005. We're not talking the 1960s here, we're talking about 10 years ago. I know loads of lads (most of them on here) who were going the game regularly then but who can't go anymore.

I also don't agree that the barn door has been slammed shut either.

I'm one of those 'dont go anymore fans' who remembered what a fantastic night that was in 2005 v Chelsea. To be honest,that was around the time things were getting very difficult for the average fan and its multiplied (ticket prices too) since then.

The last ten years have probably seen the biggest exodus of the regular local based fan than any time in modern football history.

If a protest could be organised of priced out fans outside the grounds at a weekend's Premier League games that would be hugely damaging for the 'brand' and would make them take notice assuming the fans have not completely been disenfranchised. A silent protest lining streets to the grounds would be a powerful statement.