You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

I dont know, you may miss an exciting substitution.

This is a great idea, hope it gets a lot of press. Hopefully it's repeated for the one game the owners make it over here for.

at a guess I'd say they'll turn up at the league cup final and be back on the next flight to Boston as soon as it's over.

Hopefully there will be a high volume of walkouts. These owners hate bad pr. It's rare social media can act as a good force; this could be one of those rare times.

It's worth noting a lot of those that have been most vocal their tickets will go down. A rare act of altruism in this day and age. If you was a cynic you would concur that the greedy cunts with the ideas behind ticket pricing hoped to buy them off.

100% behind it and I'll be walking out. 

The problem is going to be that some who only get to go to Anfield once or twice a year are not going to want to walk out early. I just hope enough people take part to make it an effective statement.

As long as enough of the Kop does I think it'll be pretty effective.

Firstly im all for protests against ticket prices. however I have some concerns as to how its done.

I think its a bit pointless paying in and then leaving at 77 mins. Newcastle have beem trying this sort of thing but ashley already has their money. my mate came up with a good idea that all newcastle fans should wear sports gear from a sports direct competitor or wear t shirts advertising a competitor. we could all wear yankees shirts.

the other thing I d worry about is that it becomes a locals versus ooters row so its going to be interesting to see how this evolves.

FSG won't give a fuck as they'll still have the season/match ticket money in their pockets.

I don't agree.

FSG are terrified of this fanbase, you only have to look at how eager they were to meet with fan groups and pacify them. It was one of their first priorities.

Walking out is a first step, the next is a boycott and then we start talking about the fans collectively buying a stake in the club. To American capitalists, that is the doomsday scenario.

Firstly im all for protests against ticket prices. however I have some concerns as to how its done.

I think its a bit pointless paying in and then leaving at 77 mins. Newcastle have beem trying this sort of thing but ashley already has their money. my mate came up with a good idea that all newcastle fans should wear sports gear from a sports direct competitor or wear t shirts advertising a competitor. we could all wear yankees shirts.

the other thing I d worry about is that it becomes a locals versus ooters row so its going to be interesting to see how this evolves.

I agree with this.  The principle is sound, but I wish it had been thought through a bit better.

I would like to have seen a total boycott of any food/beverages/services at the stadium on gameday.  Support the local pubs instead and it would actually cost the owners money (as opposed to a walkout, which is good PR but doesn't actually affect their bottom line at all).

• Upvote 1

FSG met with the fan groups, but then it appears they decided to hike the ticket prices anyway. I hope the protest is effective and makes not just FSG, but other fans take notice as well. A walkout may have to happen a few times, and in more grounds before the message is clear.

Hopefully a majority will walk and give a good visual impact around the world. Like Dave says it could be the one match a year or the fella carrying his kid to his first game who won't go. Just hope it doesn't turn nasty in the stands with clashes between people going and staying.

I'd imagine a few sponsers would want to know what's going on if big holes start appearing in the stands which could put the shits up Ayre/fsg.

Sorry, but this smacks of self-serving indulgent crap to me.

Hades may be a walking communist cliche, but his point in the other thread about low earners having been priced out of attending football matches for more than a decade is spot on.

However now that it's hitting the middle class fan, concern about affordability is suddenly a thing that demands direct action? Okay then.

• Upvote 5