You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

Klopp's press conference finished. No journalist asked him about planned ticket protest. Did ask lots on Teixeira and Allardyce though.

Sounds like the club has had a word with them. They wouldn't want any questions because they would be scared that Klopp might say something that will encourage the fans. 

With you being the Tory cliche, yeah?

People self-indulgently sacrificing their own hard-earned in the hope of benefiting others?

Okay then.

By the way - where have you got the idea that the people behind this protest are middle class?

You don't know much, do you.

You're nobody on this forum until Coro has unleashed an incoherent diatribe on you.

*wears badge with pride*

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the club has had a word with them. They wouldn't want any questions because they would be scared that Klopp might say something that will encourage the fans.

31m31 minutes ago

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ

#LFC made it clear at the start of Klopps press conference that he would not field any questions on a planned protest tomorrow. (Paul Joyce)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ian-ayre-defends-prices-as-liverpool-fans-plan-walkout-over-77-tickets-34427407.html

Ayre urged those considering walking out to go back and look at the whole ticket package the club was offering.

"I respect everyone's right to do what they think is right but for every fan thinking about that I would say 'Have a look at the facts'," he added.

"You might be walking out for something you are not quite understanding.

"If people want to leave after 77 minutes that is disappointing but it shouldn't be because they feel the prices are wrong as there is something for everyone in there.

"If someone who sits in a certain position where there is a £77 ticket next season but can't afford it we have another option for them.

"No-one is being priced out of the stadium. There is a seat for everyone at the right price.

"That is the thing to look at before you take that type of action and walk out.

"It can only be damaging to Liverpool if we have got it wrong and someone can define right and wrong in different ways."

Would be amazing if our players kicked the ball out at the same time and walked off the pitch. Albeit unrealistic, but showing solidarity with the fans, for once, would be welcome.

To be honest their snouts are as much in the trough as the owners.  The cost of tickets to fans won't be on any of their minds when their agents start demanding more money in return for their shite performances.

If they all took a 5% net decrease on their millionaire salaries they could fund tickets being reduced to 20 pounds across all non-hospitality seats for an entire league season.  Not that any of them would entertain it.

As a side note I just worked out that Daniel Sturridge gets paid £1,250 while he's sitting in a fancy seat to watch Liverpool while some mugs are expected to pay £77 pound for the same thing and they don't get free scran at half time either.  That's my blood boiling for the rest of the day.

• Upvote 1

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ian-ayre-defends-prices-as-liverpool-fans-plan-walkout-over-77-tickets-34427407.html

Ayre urged those considering walking out to go back and look at the whole ticket package the club was offering.

"I respect everyone's right to do what they think is right but for every fan thinking about that I would say 'Have a look at the facts'," he added.

"If people want to leave after 77 minutes that is disappointing but it shouldn't be because they feel the prices are wrong as there is something for everyone in there.

"If someone who sits in a certain position where there is a £77 ticket next season but can't afford it we have another option for them.

"No-one is being priced out of the stadium. There is a seat for everyone at the right price.

"It can only be damaging to Liverpool if we have got it wrong and someone can define right and wrong in different ways."

Shut the fuck up Ian.

In other words

We don't give a shit. If you won't pay somebody else will

• Upvote 1

In other words

We don't give a shit. If you won't pay somebody else will

I don't agree with that interpretation.

FSG's man on the ground won't allow our manager to field questions and he's already out trying to downplay the effects before a non-televised match.

• Upvote 1

I don't agree with that interpretation.

FSG's man on the ground won't allow our manager to field questions and he's already out trying to downplay the effects before a non-televised match.

I should clarify that the fact they wouldn't allow questions on the matter is no excuse, in my view. They wouldn't have wanted him to say Anfield has a shite atmosphere, but he said it anyway.

I should clarify that the fact they wouldn't allow questions on the matter is no excuse, in my view. They wouldn't have wanted him to say Anfield has a shite atmosphere, but he said it anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how much the club tries to shut him up after the protest.

They've had enough bad PR this week and that fucking clown comes out and makes it even worse. Egg on his face!!

And depressingly this guy is involved in running the club, christ almighty, he's fucking clueless.

And they send this guy to negotiate for players, it's almost as if they don't want an agreement for them.