You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away 17/10/15

Jim MM

He has his work cut out with our squad.

But i believe he will get them working hard which will in itself bring an improvement.

He will get them better organised which will of course help.

He will get them fitter and stronger.

He will instill more fight and belief.

All these things will help.

But he can't make mediocre footballers much better though when it comes down to the key moments that make a difference like Origi not bundling that ball home today....or the laughable shot by Lucas and we are chocker with mediocre footballers.

Good point really. Spurs are a much better team nowadays compared to the one we've faced in recent years. For a start, they don't play that stupid high line anymore. That said, there's still a lot of work to be done with our pressing. It was still too disorganised, too many players keen to impress and closing down with no-one else following in behind, which makes the whole thing utterly pointless. They need to learn to press as a team rather than multiplying the individual sprints. 

Good point really. Spurs are a much better team nowadays compared to the one we've faced in recent years. For a start, they don't play that stupid high line anymore. That said, there's still a lot of work to be done with our pressing. It was still too disorganised, too many players keen to impress and closing down with no-one else following in behind, which makes the whole thing utterly pointless. They need to learn to press as a team rather than multiplying the individual sprints.

I'm sure they will mate,it all takes time.The attitude was good today considering the amount of time that they've trained together.

No it's true Stringy. He's a show pony. He slows every counter attack down by trying to hold up the ball waiting to thread these little intricate through balls in when he should just be taking players on and beating them. But he doesn't have the pace or the strength to go shoulder to shoulder with anyone.

If i could remove one player from this team it's him. He's a luxury player that doesn't even deliver any luxury, absolute bobbins.

I'm sorry, but that's just crap.  For a luxury player, he made more tackles and intercepts than anyone else in our midfield today.  He was defending at the back, and he has been better than Coutinho in every one of our games this year.  Coutinho did nothing but waste the ball today.  He didn't make a tackle, and he barely chased back.  

I'm not saying that Lallana is a better player than Coutinho, before you all start squeaking.  I'm saying Lallana has been better than Coutinho all season.  Coutinho has been our luxury player, and has been pretty dire in almost every game.  I'm really disappointed in him, because he is the only one that can provide a touch of genius.  But I'm not about to start defending the performances he's put in this year, and I'm amazed at how many people can't bring themselves to see it or say it.

Some of you are like the girl who gets stood up every night at the pictures.  You keep turning up saying 'but, but he's really good looking and he treats me really nice when he does turn up'.  Well if he wants to get into my knickers, he can meet me in the pub where I'll be with my mates whether he pitches up or not. 

Neither of them are  the front runner for my attentions in our team though.  

• Upvote 1

We weren't creating many chances under Rodgers so we can't be very surprised we didn't create many today. That front 4 never looked like scoring, really.

Klopp's first job is sorting out the defence. Pressing in the opponents half helps us out in the back. Clean sheet is a good start.

You could say we won the gegenpressing game and when you win the gegenpress 79# of the time etc etc.

I'm sorry, but that's just crap.  For a luxury player, he made more tackles and intercepts than anyone else in our midfield today.  He was defending at the back, and he has been better than Coutinho in every one of our games this year.  Coutinho did nothing but waste the ball today.  He didn't make a tackle, and he barely chased back.  

I'm not saying that Lallana is a better player than Coutinho, before you all start squeaking.  I'm saying Lallana has been better than Coutinho all season.  Coutinho has been our luxury player, and has been pretty dire in almost every game.  I'm really disappointed in him, because he is the only one that can provide a touch of genius.  But I'm not about to start defending the performances he's put in this year, and I'm amazed at how many people can't bring themselves to see it or say it.

Some of you are like the girl who gets stood up every night at the pictures.  You keep turning up saying 'but, but he's really good looking and he treats me really nice when he does turn up'.  Well if he wants to get into my knickers, he can meet me in the pub where I'll be with my mates whether he pitches up or not. 

Have you got her number?

Lallana is shit, Coutinho isn't.

Don't let Lallana's two goals this season blind you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not Lallana's biggest fan but he worked hardest first half. I think Klopp will be happy with him.

Working hard is the minimum. The fact is that he's about as fast as a snail having an asthma attack and sooner or later for Klopp's style to work he's gonna be surplus to requirements.

• Upvote 1