You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away 17/10/15

Jim MM

Not dissatisfied with that, overall.

We were always going to go through a period of adjustment getting used to a higher press, especially with regards to our fitness, but that wasn't too bad.  We declined in energy over the course of the 2nd half but still, I think with Sturridge up front instead of Origi we'd have won that game.

Going to be good to see how we look when Sturridge, Benteke, and Firmino come back.  The defense (bar Skrtel, what was wrong with him today?) looks pretty decent, we just need a mobile defensive midfielder and a few who can produce something special to get us a goal and we might be OK.

I'd have taken that result before kickoff.

We've got 50% of our outfield injured, Spurs have been in great form and we've been leaking goals for fun. Klopp asked for time in his first interview for the club. I hope the match going fans and the media give him more time than some of the whingeing fucks on this forum.

• Upvote 2

As far as I'm concerned, that was a half decent performance.  Origi isn't (yet) a premiership striker.  Lucas shouldn't really be playing premiership football either.  I was disappointed in Can and Milner.  Coutinho continues his run of games where he offers nothing.  Lallana, Mignolet and Sakho can be pleased with their individual contributions, but I think at least half of the team improved their workmate and attitude, which meant that we pressed and harried a decent spurs team into making more mistakes in this game than they have all season.  

I'm not sure that we will improve markedly before the end of the season, but I"m really optimistic for future seasons.    

• Upvote 1

As far as I'm concerned, that was a half decent performance.  Origi isn't (yet) a premiership striker.  Lucas shouldn't really be playing premiership football either.  I was disappointed in Can and Milner.  Coutinho continues his run of games where he offers nothing.  Lallana, Mignolet and Sakho can be pleased with their individual contributions, but I think at least half of the team improved their workmate and attitude, which meant that we pressed and harried a decent spurs team into making more mistakes in this game than they have all season.  

I'm not sure that we will improve markedly before the end of the season, but I"m really optimistic for future seasons.

Agree with all of this

Lallana was utter shite. Misplaced loads of passes, got nudged off the ball, only decided to press when he could be arsed and did absolutely nothing of note in the whole game. Coutinho had to do the work of two men to cover for that show pony and Ibe showed more directness in 5 minutes than Lallana showed in 80.

• Upvote 3

I actually thought Can was good.  But I seem to be alone in that opinion, judging by the posts on here.

Oh, and was it just me, or did Ibe look his old confident self in those few minutes?  He seemed like he remembered that he's allowed to run towards the opponents there, as opposed to the shadow of himself he'd become under Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

The players did what the manager asked them to do.  A very good start.  Midfield worked just fine, the forwards are a bit lost.  Defenders, well, a clean sheet is always good for the team.

I'm happy with this, more like what I expect from us.  The goals will come, a German has done what he said he would do.  Surprise...

Lallana was utter shite. Misplaced loads of passes, got nudged off the ball, only decided to press when he could be arsed and did absolutely nothing of note in the whole game. Coutinho had to do the work of two men to cover for that show pony and Ibe showed more directness in 5 minutes than Lallana showed in 80.

I wouldn't trust a word that Labrador is telling you Boss.

• Upvote 1

I'll take it. Offered very little offensively, if Sturridge mans up and takes some responsibility and gets himself onto the pitch we win that game. Clyne and Sakho caught the eye. Credit to Mignolet, some top classes saves in the last 2 games, the one on Naismith in the Derby and Njie today were absolutely sensational.