You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away 17/10/15

Jim MM

A good result, a good point.

Less than a week’s training and one game are hardly enough to draw any conclusions. But factually we covered more ground than any PL team this weekend, and more than the team ever did under Brendan. A change has already been effected.

Klopp would have been justified in bemoaning his lack of striking options. Instead he did what any wise coach would have done, used what he had up front and hope, but be sure that the back door was firmly closed.

I suspect that our forthcoming game against low grade Euro opposition will be a godsend for Klopp. He can stand, with conviction and credibility, in front of his squad and explain to them how to win European games- the novelty factor alone should be a big bonus for them.

• Upvote 2

Agree sexrex

looking at the team and bench I'd have taken a draw

get these pansies fit and we will be a different team

the intensity in the first 20 mins was superb - when they are fit enough to keep that up for longer and we get our first team out  we will destroy teams

You're not going to get an argument from me on Coutinho's season so far, but d'you know what? I'm not worried or bothered in the slightest. He's loyal, and that'll do in the interim.

Coutinho knows better than anybody that the team is going backwards. Coutinho's brilliance hinges on key talent around him that has simply disappeared.

I believe Coutinho is seriously wondering who the fuck is going to step up and be counted when when it comes to Liverpool's attacking football. Where's the core? The engine room of attack?

Fact is, they've been sold or are injured.

He doesn't have much to work with. Klopp will know he has to get 'Coutinho partnerships' built and quickly. A case in point after today's game : Origi had no idea what Coutinho was trying to do in any given move. Saw it time and time again, but it WILL improve.

I remember a certain Sterling debuting with pace and little else....

That's a very positive result today all things considered, btw.

The poor bastard used to get the ball, look up and see Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling all running in different directions. It will take time

Lucas is playing better than Coutinho. But I'm sure someone will be along to tell me he isn't. Fanboyism and objectivity are not really on speaking terms.

Lucas had a really good game yesterday. Just wish he would never ever think about shooting again.

Fucking fixture list - next 4.

Southampton

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Man City

If we slip up at home against either Southampton or Palace and get fuck all away at the other two that top 4 is gonna look a long way off come the end of that run.

Say we are on 17 pts from 13 games (highly probable) it will need championship winning form for rest of the season to threaten the top 4.

We could really do with winning the two home games and getting something from plastic bridge or city for belief and momentum.