You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

15 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

How fucking hard is it to learn? They are meant to be pros. It's not nuclear physics either.

Henderson, by virtue of being a good pro, has learned and improved about as much as is humanly possible for him. But there's a limit to his ability. He's just not that intrinsically talented compared to very top level players, that's all.

The problem with composure is you either got it or you don't. It's a hard thing to just gain a little bit of it via training, and it will still never be a backbone natural thing. 

Looking back at Fabregas when he bursted onto the scene at 16 he seemed to have all the time in the world on the ball, looking at Henderson now in his late twenties he is just panicking everytime an opposing player is within 20 yards of him.

I said this numerous times. He should have been a fullback and would actually have made a decent one. A mainstay midfielder for a title challenging team, not in a million years. 

15 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

How fucking hard is it to learn? They are meant to be pros. It's not nuclear physics either.

Arrigo  Sacchi over here. This is the highest of elite level sport overseen by one of the most nuanced managers in the world. You think guys just wander in off the street and master this in a few games? It’s really, really normal.

On Henderson - actually thought he wasn’t too bad today - the panicking in tight spaces is less of an issue for me than his completely inability to pick a splitting pass against high opposition, or carry the ball mazily against any opposition. Thankfully Keita showed a bit of the latter in his cameo today.

10 hours ago, Alex_K said:

On Henderson - actually thought he wasn’t too bad today 

Interesting. I thought this was his worst game for us in a really long time. I praised his brilliant performance against PSG, but this was tragic. I don’t think we can afford to play him and Milner together too often. 

51 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah or bernaise sauce on a steak... vile stuff.

tsk tsk tsk. 

You ALWAYS have Bearnaise as the sauce for a steak and fries. Ofcourse it have to be homemade from the bottom up, if you buy that pre fabricated shit or powder shit, then don't it tastes like shit. Real Bearnaise have a completely different taste and is a wonderful supplement to dunk your fries in.

Making bearnaise from the bottom up can be a difficult thing and if you're weak on the whiskars then you'll separete the sauce and you'll have to start over. Remember to clear/clean the butter this is the most common mistake as people are generally retards in a kitchen when it comes to making decent food. 

Now go give it a shot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Johnlj said:

tsk tsk tsk. 

You ALWAYS have Bearnaise as the sauce for a steak and fries. Ofcourse it have to be homemade from the bottom up, if you buy that pre fabricated shit or powder shit, then don't it tastes like shit. Real Bearnaise have a completely different taste and is a wonderful supplement to dunk your fries in.

Making bearnaise from the bottom up can be a difficult thing and if you're weak on the whiskars then you'll separete the sauce and you'll have to start over. Remember to clear/clean the butter this is the most common mistake as people are generally retards in a kitchen when it comes to making decent food. 

Now go give it a shot.

I respectfully disagree. Egg sauce has no business being on your dinner plate. I like garlic butter on my steak, but not bernaise.

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Interesting. I thought this was his worst game for us in a really long time. I praised his brilliant performance against PSG, but this was tragic. I don’t think we can afford to play him and Milner together too often. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong he was not great by any stretch, but Chelsea have a potentially exceptional midfield there .. Kante's won a few league titles and started a World Cup final, Kovacic was in the World Cup final squad and must have had something about him at Madrid, Jorginho was seemingly Pep's no. 1 target in the summer and in some quarters was being hailed as one of the finest passmasters since Xavi. Then they've got the ability to drop Hazard / Willian depeer too to support.

So all that said, given we more or less kept them under control for the game with our relatively unheralded 3, it could have been worse. The lack of quality on the ball is the crux of the matter for me (can't shoot; can't really pass inventively); when he's needed to just put in a shift (like against Chelsea away), its a job he can typically do OK.

12 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Making bearnaise from the bottom up can be a difficult thing and if you're weak on the whiskars then you'll separete the sauce and you'll have to start over. 

You put Whiskas in your bearnaise sauce? What flavour? Beef? Chicken? Fish?

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2018 at 1:41 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m gonna start doing the 2-ups myself. You do need a big liability but you can find some matches on here...

https://www.freebets4all.com/AutoMatcher

... that leave you with no qualifying loss at all if you use Smarkets (2% commission). Only problem is there’s no cash out option on that exchange so you need to use an early payout calculator or just let it ride. It looks pretty lucrative if you land one with a £100+ stake. 

Nice spot that auto matcher thingy. Everybody charges for them now and I refuse to pay for something I hardly use,and was previously free.

To be fair he’s done well with the limited talent he has. I’ve never seen anything to suggest him being worthy of LFC or England captain material but he’s somehow pulled it off. I don’t think he wanted it either, it’s just kind of fell onto him. I bet he’s got real imposter syndrome.  

20 hours ago, Anubis said:

You put Whiskas in your bearnaise sauce? What flavour? Beef? Chicken? Fish?

All of them, bit like mixing Ketchup, mayo, mustard and remolade ( Excellent thing for alot of things like fries, sausages, fried fish, leverpostej ( another thing you really should try ) with fried onions plus loads more, it's not for everyone though ) 

Mix it up.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)