You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New York. What to do there?

Anny Road

Back from my trip. Didn't really get to do much stuff as was working all the time. Being at 30 Rock was ace and we did a very weird trip to an immersive theatre called Sleep No More. Basically loads of rooms and levels with actors running through them doing mad stuff whilst you had to wear a mask and couldn't talk to anyone. It did involve murder, suicide and sex which was a bit weird while you're standing next to them

United Airlines are Ok used them on a flight to New York from Manchester no fit stewardesses though & only me having a bevvy couldn't quite believe it myself but the food was Ok

Flight itself was ok. Food was the worst airplane food I've ever eaten like. They ran out of beer on the plane half way through, the fella went "you won't believe but we have sold all 50 cans of beer on this flight". Id had four of them the fucking melt. Anyway, landed at newark, some cunt took the wrong bag (my bag) off the carousel and considering it took an hour getting through customs the were well gone. Subdued journey to the hotel, went out on the piss near time square last night to calm down. Its 6:31 am here and I've just rang down to see if by any chance its arrived as united said if they get it they will drop it off. Thankfully they did through the night ! although I had set aside 500 quid for a shopping spree for myself (justified without her moaning) . 

that sleep no more sounds ace Pesti i'm gonna check on that now. we are right next door to the new york scientology building west 46th, gonna stroll in there tonight drunk and bollock naked. just to see if tom cruise flies through a wall and starts on me. 

• Upvote 1

Flight itself was ok. Food was the worst airplane food I've ever eaten like. They ran out of beer on the plane half way through, the fella went "you won't believe but we have sold all 50 cans of beer on this flight". Id had four of them the fucking melt. Anyway, landed at newark, some cunt took the wrong bag (my bag) off the carousel and considering it took an hour getting through customs the were well gone. Subdued journey to the hotel, went out on the piss near time square last night to calm down. Its 6:31 am here and I've just rang down to see if by any chance its arrived as united said if they get it they will drop it off. Thankfully they did through the night ! although I had set aside 500 quid for a shopping spree for myself (justified without her moaning) . 

that sleep no more sounds ace Pesti i'm gonna check on that now. we are right next door to the new york scientology building west 46th, gonna stroll in there tonight drunk and bollock naked. just to see if tom cruise flies through a wall and starts on me. 

Shit that la, mad cos a very similar thing happened to me with British Airways when I went in September, they lost my birds suitcase though.

I had wanted to go to New York my whole life but when we finally got out the subway and looked up at the city it just felt like the hsine had been taken off cos my bird was crying about the suitcase. Fucking flight cunts.

Enjoy NY, hope you're doing the Soprano's tour in the morning?

Shit that la, mad cos a very similar thing happened to me with British Airways when I went in September, they lost my birds suitcase though.

I had wanted to go to New York my whole life but when we finally got out the subway and looked up at the city it just felt like the hsine had been taken off cos my bird was crying about the suitcase. Fucking flight cunts.

Enjoy NY, hope you're doing the Soprano's tour in the morning?

Mate it was similar. Not as bad because if it was her bag .... fucking hell it doesn't bear thinking about. did you get it back during the trip? I hardly slept last night even after a few drinks. Rang down this morning about half 6 and the bellboy just went "yeah hang on ill run it up" didn't mind giving him $20 at all. 

Just in from the day to get ready. feet are killing. Been up the rockerfella, grand central, picnic in central park with a bottle of wine and saw the dakota and strawberry fields. Had a moment to myself like but people taking pictures of the dakota entrance didn't sit right with me. Nor when I stopped outside it and me bird went "Oh is that all it is?" pissed me right off and I didn't talk to her for a bit. I bought a linen suit jacket this morning , smart as fuck. She had a cob on because she couldn't find anything for herself however has just spent over 200 dollars on make-up in some shop near our hotel. Fucking women. 

What a city though? 

• Upvote 1

Last time I was there I got shouted at by a chinese lady who ran a laundry  because the previous night I'd thrown up on my clothes in a taxi and taken them off in her shop and walked back to the hotel in my boxers. Got up around 3/4pm and couldn't find my stuff, I eventually ventured outside walked down a couple of streets until she started huranging me. She was irrate because I hadn't paid her, but at least I got my clothes back.

Enjoy the meat packing distirct man it's great.

• Upvote 2

Mate it was similar. Not as bad because if it was her bag .... fucking hell it doesn't bear thinking about. did you get it back during the trip? I hardly slept last night even after a few drinks. Rang down this morning about half 6 and the bellboy just went "yeah hang on ill run it up" didn't mind giving him $20 at all. 

Just in from the day to get ready. feet are killing. Been up the rockerfella, grand central, picnic in central park with a bottle of wine and saw the dakota and strawberry fields. Had a moment to myself like but people taking pictures of the dakota entrance didn't sit right with me. Nor when I stopped outside it and me bird went "Oh is that all it is?" pissed me right off and I didn't talk to her for a bit. I bought a linen suit jacket this morning , smart as fuck. She had a cob on because she couldn't find anything for herself however has just spent over 200 dollars on make-up in some shop near our hotel. Fucking women. 

What a city though? 

Well they somehow managed to send a bike in error to our hotel, that was the following day, which as you can imagine did nothing to remedy how pissed off we were; Fuck knows how that happened. Her suitcase then came another day later, by which time we'd had to buy clothes and toiletries for her to tide us over as well (the daft bint didn't bother to spread any clothes/ underwear in her hand luggage like a sane person does, or is that just me who does that?).

It just seriously fucked the trip up if I'm honest. Nothing worse.

But yeah, it's the best. Once the bag situation was sorted I just couldn't stop smiling at being there.

Ha, Wahlberg was boss in that, and Nicholson. 

• Upvote 1

Well they somehow managed to send a bike in error to our hotel, that was the following day, which as you can imagine did nothing to remedy how pissed off we were; Fuck knows how that happened. Her suitcase then came another day later, by which time we'd had to buy clothes and toiletries for her to tide us over as well (the daft bint didn't bother to spread any clothes/ underwear in her hand luggage like a sane person does, or is that just me who does that?).

It just seriously fucked the trip up if I'm honest. Nothing worse.

But yeah, it's the best. Once the bag situation was sorted I just couldn't stop smiling at being there.

Ha, Wahlberg was boss in that, and Nicholson. 

Feel for you mate, can't think of anything worse. I'd rather walk round in my bills for 5 days than have to put up with her losing her stuff and the fallout. 

Meat packing district looks the place to be for a decent night out. Been scouting other places for the fight as that Jimmy's is tiny and with all the will in the world, she ain't gonna put up with that place especially when this fight is happening. Most places it looks like they are charging an entrance fee, some up to $100 a head ! Just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay it I reckon.

Anyway, got to be up at 5 in the morning, at her maa's in bromley now, already half cut. Fucking holiday mode innit and I don't have to drive the airport.

Anyone flown with united airlines? Cunts not giving free beeves on the flight. Long haul should all be free they normally are!

I was over there last week for work. The meat packing district has come to life now the weather has improved. If you like afternoon boozing, taking a walk along the high line and dropping off as you spot a pub is good if the weather is nice and can walk you into the meat packing district

Another smart place is a roof top bar in the flat iron district, on 5th around 23rd-28th - I've not been there since last summer so can't quite remember. Will try to Google it.

Edit: http://www.230-fifth.com/#!indoor-and-outdoor-bar/galleryPage

I was over there last week for work too. We should have had a TLW night out.

I did the world trade centre memorial guided tour which was excellent. Times Square annoyed me this time. It's just too busy.

I normally stay near time sq as I have a lot of clients in that area and it's pretty easy to head off to the other places I need to get to away from that area. Its certainly picked up in numbers since my last trip in Feb when it was pretty quiet.

Haven't been over for months now.  Last time I went to the East Village - East 6th street for dinner - there are loads of curry houses (really cheap); it would be a great place to grab a quick lunch bite, and there are loads of decent bars around there.

I normally stay near time sq as I have a lot of clients in that area and it's pretty easy to head off to the other places I need to get to away from that area. Its certainly picked up in numbers since my last trip in Feb when it was pretty quiet.

I stayed at the Club Quarters at the World Trade Centre. A little quieter with some good streets around for eating and drinking. It was nice, and the view from their bar on the 20th floor was spectacular.

I stayed at the Club Quarters at the World Trade Centre. A little quieter with some good streets around for eating and drinking. It was nice, and the view from their bar on the 20th floor was spectacular.

Yeah, I have stayed there. I used to use club quarters a lot, but mostly midtown and rockerfella.

I stayed in the Marriott Marquis in times square and had a gun pulled on me at a bar around the corner. Mistaken identity and guy bought me a beer.

Funnily enough same thing happened in Miami a few days earlier, not the same chap the Miami guy was a Mexican or Cuban and never bought me a beer.

I stayed in the Marriott Marquis in times square and had a gun pulled on me at a bar around the corner. Mistaken identity and guy bought me a beer.

Funnily enough same thing happened in Miami a few days earlier, not the same chap the Miami guy was a Mexican or Cuban and never bought me a beer.

I don't know which it more concerning.

That you stayed to have a beer with a fella who carries and gun and was willing to pull it on you, and, I assume, shoot you to death had he not realised his mistake. Or, that it also happened only 2 days previous in an entirely different state?

Do you look like the kind of fella who should have a gun pulled on him?

And, again, why the hell did you stay for a beer with a fella who was about to shoot you, and therefore was the type of person who kills people?

The guy in NY was a bail money guy. * Forget what you call them. Thought I was the guy he was looking for made me lie on the floor showed me his badge (which could have been a bus pass I was too busy looking at the gun) He was most apologetic and spilled my pint. I was this close to hitting him.

I have photos here somewhere of me holding his gun in one hand and a beer in the other I'll dig them out.

The other was a robbery in Miami. Rented a car at the airport to drive to Key West and go fishing but fuck me was driving in the states hard

ended up in a place called Hialeah. Looked Ok went for a wander everyone had big front gardens and fancy cars. Bought a few beers at a bar and was followed outside and robbed of 20 odd dollars at gun point. Went back to my hotel and noticed a guy with a pistol wandering about apparently he was security.

Bought a 6 pack at reception which had bullet proof glass and a slot for me to exchange money for beer. never noticed that on check in. Left at 4am

Edit * Bondsman remembered what he was

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nice, but who is the gay fella you keep posting pictures of? Looks like a bean dodging, arse felcher to me.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha

d0291a7273685f61ab96df6f9a29d4ce.jpg

Had to go full wool for this one. Cold beer on the go though so fuck em

Fuck me, if that's one of them covered-up grumble pictures like on Twitter, you must be fellating either Omar Williams or an elephant.

• Upvote 1