You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I find that there's a weird cult of Sakho bumboys who pretend he doesn't ever make a mistake despite the fact that he does it all the time. They all go quiet or downplay it when he passes the ball straight to an opponent for the 25th time in a week but then when he has a good game against Spain, which they probably haven't even seen, they return with all guns blazing declaring him to be the second coming of Alan Hansen and making sardonic comments about anyone who has had the temerity to suggest Sakho has made a mistake in a football game

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I find that there's a weird cult of Sakho bumboys who pretend he doesn't ever make a mistake despite the fact that he does it all the time. They all go quiet or downplay it when he passes the ball straight to an opponent for the 25th time in a week but then when he has a good game against Spain, which they probably haven't even seen, they return with all guns blazing declaring him to be the second coming of Alan Hansen and making sardonic comments about anyone who has had the temerity to suggest Sakho has made a mistake in a football game

He does make mistakes.  He doesn't do it all the time.  And he doesn't misplace passes 25 times in a week.  Hope that clears it up for you, Dim.

PS Now LFD's gone, there's a vacancy for someone who is going to rigorously count all the mistakes Sakho makes, then multiply it by 5.  Fancy it?

He does make mistakes.  He doesn't do it all the time.  And he doesn't misplace passes 25 times in a week.  Hope that clears it up for you, Dim.

PS Now LFD's gone, there's a vacancy for someone who is going to rigorously count all the mistakes Sakho makes, then multiply it by 5.  Fancy it?

I thought LFD was one of the blind Sakho bumboys.  Did you and Numero kick him out of the group for noticing a mistake and mentioning it? 

• Upvote 1

I think Sakho's done a very decent job so far, but hopefully he'll contine to improve.

I got the impression Jamie Carragher wasn't hugely impressed with him during the run-in last season, judging by his spot on Sky Sports. I would imagine Jamie was looking more at general organisation,leadership and communication in his analysis rather than the odd clanger, and he's certainly well qualified to comment. Hopefully any deficits will be addressed in time. 

I don't think he's either world class (yet) or particularly error prone either. There's a huge amount of space between those polar opposites.

3cfe64468e3a0a1b33cfd415b72b17fccde713d9

• Upvote 2

Think you went a bit further than 'suggesting he made a mistake', and this is after admitting Sakho had a good game before going online to tell supporters off for praising Sakho.

I'm fine with the idea that there's fans over hyping Sakho, what I'm less keen on is those that constantly seek out mistakes and berate our players or supporters.

Some things aren't as black & white (ahem) as people like to make out at times.

Sakho is clearly a very talented centre back, he was very popular at PSG by all accounts, is a French international ahead of some other very good players. Yes, he makes the odd mistake, yes, he made a couple last week on his first game back in a while & yes, in my opinion he will go on to be a very good player for us.

Hopefully he gets a run in the side now to show us how good he is, because there is a lot of evidence to suggest that's what he'll do.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I challenge you to show me somebody who says he never makes a mistake. Problem is you're making that up, which isn't a very good platform to build an argument.

There seems to be some strange sort of formula to all this. I've not quite worked it out yet but there's definitely something connecting these loons. Those few who like Lucas and have blindly defended him seem to dislike Sakho. Almost without fail. There's lots of little strange things branching off from that group of people. It's like they've form their own gaggle of gits who watch the game through a prism of ignorance. They're a bizarre little hareem. There's something going on somewhere, a cult or something, like Scientology for football, or Lucas. I don't know what IR is but I'm determined to find out.

Either that or idiots seldom differ.

I'm obviously a loon because i don't rate either Lucas or Sakho, quite happy to apologise if Sakho turns it round and becomes an important player for us, but i remain to be convinced, that's all.

oh yes, of course there's far more to a footballer than actually being good at playing football on a football pitch, and those who don't see that don't understand football. I don't see it myself but sometimes pretend I do to make it sound like I have more knowledge than I do and an insight into tactics.

Remember when you said it and you meant it? Great times.

Yes, i remember it well. There were frothing spastics such as yourself all around me yadda yadding about signing twelve defensive midfielders in January. As it happens we didn't need any and missed out on the title by a whisker (ironically because our defensive mid fell on his arse).

Remember when you weren't a complete prick? Didn't think so.

Yes, i remember it well. There were frothing spastics such as yourself all around me yadda yadding about signing twelve defensive midfielders in January. As it happens we didn't need any and missed out on the title by a whisker (ironically because our defensive mid fell on his arse).

Remember when you weren't a complete prick? Didn't think so.

Diddums. We did need a defensive midfielder instead of the shambles that is your heartthrob. When we got one, we almost won the league. If Lucas hadn't played towards the end of the season, who knows?

Put me on ignore again you pathetic fanboy, and perhaps people might stop laughing at you.

Just had a look at his flounce and wish I fucking hadn't. Found out Chris Martin's banging Jennifer Lawrence. Awful news. I'm blaming LFD.

Wasn't he banging Mel C the other week? he's moving up in the world.  I had a dream with Chris Martin in it a while ago, we where in the french foreign legion and he stole a flask of water and was punished by being taken out into the desert and buried up to his head, except they buried him by his ankles, so it was just his ankles sticking out of the sand and when they ended up taking him out he was alive, he survived the whole thing.

There has to be some metaphor in that like "Chris Martin never dies no matter how many times you try and kill him" or something, either way shagging Jennifer Lawrence is impressive, fair play to him.

• Upvote 1

Chris Martin is the sort of bloke who hasn't shagged someone despite going out with them for 3 months.  Those naked pictures of her will have been as much of an eye-opener to that wet fart as they were everyone else.  Guaranteed.

Please don't let him have touched her fanny.

• Upvote 1