You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I find that there's a weird cult of Sakho bumboys who pretend he doesn't ever make a mistake despite the fact that he does it all the time. They all go quiet or downplay it when he passes the ball straight to an opponent for the 25th time in a week but then when he has a good game against Spain, which they probably haven't even seen, they return with all guns blazing declaring him to be the second coming of Alan Hansen and making sardonic comments about anyone who has had the temerity to suggest Sakho has made a mistake in a football game

But but.. Everyone makes mistakes!!!

I find that there's a weird cult of Sakho bumboys who pretend he doesn't ever make a mistake despite the fact that he does it all the time. They all go quiet or downplay it when he passes the ball straight to an opponent for the 25th time in a week but then when he has a good game against Spain, which they probably haven't even seen, they return with all guns blazing declaring him to be the second coming of Alan Hansen and making sardonic comments about anyone who has had the temerity to suggest Sakho has made a mistake in a football game

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You're a sheep and the Leader of Men zealot. There will be war because being so fucking cluless won't let you escape a punishment. And "sakho bumboys"? really? All I've been hearing since the beginning of the season is that Sakho is Traore 2.0 and Lovren "commands" his defenders because he shouts out loud and waves hands.Oh, and BR bought him for 20mil, so he's defo THE DOG'S BOLLOCKS. I'll repeat - Lovren will be the new Lucas - sheep's favourite because of who signed him for 20mil, overlooking his obvious flaws. Sakho will be the sheep's enemy, because he's better than BR's "leader". Oh, and he looks "clumsy" on the ball, despite being not clumsy. But the sheep will follow. God you're a fucking moron. You don't even watch football, stay with MotD.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You're a sheep and the Leader of Men zealot. There will be war because being so fucking cluless won't let you escape a punishment. And "sakho bumboys"? really? All I've been hearing since the beginning of the season is that Sakho is Traore 2.0 and Lovren "commands" his defenders because he shouts out loud and waves hands.Oh, and BR bought him for 20mil, so he's defo THE DOG'S BOLLOCKS. I'll repeat - Lovren will be the new Lucas - sheep's favourite because of who signed him for 20mil, overlooking his obvious flaws. Sakho will be the sheep's enemy, because he's better than BR's "leader". Oh, and he looks "clumsy" on the ball, despite being not clumsy. But the sheep will follow. God you're a fucking moron. You don't even watch football, stay with MotD.

I don't know if its better or worse if you were pissed when you wrote this.

Why must people nail their colours to the mast of some players to the point any criticism of them is taken personally, and write others off before they've even played 5 games for us. 

It really is quite unseemly.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You're a sheep and the Leader of Men zealot. There will be war because being so fucking cluless won't let you escape a punishment. And "sakho bumboys"? really? All I've been hearing since the beginning of the season is that Sakho is Traore 2.0 and Lovren "commands" his defenders because he shouts out loud and waves hands.Oh, and BR bought him for 20mil, so he's defo THE DOG'S BOLLOCKS. I'll repeat - Lovren will be the new Lucas - sheep's favourite because of who signed him for 20mil, overlooking his obvious flaws. Sakho will be the sheep's enemy, because he's better than BR's "leader". Oh, and he looks "clumsy" on the ball, despite being not clumsy. But the sheep will follow. God you're a fucking moron. You don't even watch football, stay with MotD.

Sakho and Lovren were signed by the same people.

• Upvote 2

At least he'd hold his position instead of going for the same header.  Pretty basic stuff even a layman like me can spot it.  Not hard, is it?  That said, I really like Sakho and want him to eclipse everyone.  

I like both Sakho and Lovren, and need to see them play a lot more games together before I'd pass proper judgement as its all about partnerships at the back, but to be honest I thought that incident at Spurs was more on Lovren. I get the feeling a bit like Balotelli (and Lambert) have seemed anxious for a first goal, Lovren's been too keen to show all the things he's been talked up as; the leader, the front foot defender, etc. 

Hopefully he'll settle down a bit, and the more games whoever become the settled pair play together, the better it becomes.

• Upvote 1

I like both Sakho and Lovren, and need to see them play a lot more games together before I'd pass proper judgement as its all about partnerships at the back, but to be honest I thought that incident at Spurs was more on Lovren. I get the feeling a bit like Balotelli (and Lambert) have seemed anxious for a first goal, Lovren's been too keen to show all the things he's been talked up as; the leader, the front foot defender, etc. 

Hopefully he'll settle down a bit, and the more games whoever become the settled pair play together, the better it becomes.

I dunno, to me it seemed like Lovren was more decisive and showed intent when it came to the crunch.  That's just the impression I took but as you say it's very early days. The thing is, you can't afford to mess around because the games come fast and already the options are looking a little iffy at centre back unless things slot into place.

• Upvote 1

Sakho will make a mistake soon, you can count on it.

Actually seeing as you went that crazy in your last post, may as well just admit I was messing around. Whatever happens, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho need to work out how they play when any combination of them is on the pitch, I thought we seemed kind of lucky at Spurs to get the clean sheet really.