You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Yeah, I get what you're saying. My issue is that he's fucking brilliant. His range of passing, through balls, vision, shooting, etc, is all world-class. I just wish he had another yard of pace. Considering how much money he'd cost (upwards of 35m and 200k per week, I'd say?) you have to be sure.

Doesn't sound the right player to fit the transfer policy we have been adopting with looking at 'value'.

Unless we plan to change our policy this summer, I think Kroos sounds unlikely.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He absolutely dominated Arsenal and United, though. So who knows? A classy player is a classy player is a classy player.

Kroos could be another Sahin. Technically quality, but physically just short of what is required in this league.

Looking at the 433, and the players we have to fill that middle 3 (Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Susp, Luis Alberto, Henderson, Coutinho, Texeira) do we need another player?

If we did, I'd suggest it should be another experienced controller like Gerrard to see us through the next couple of years until we see what we've got with Rossiter and Chirivella.

Those middle 3 are so integral to our game.

I must be alone in thinking that Kroos is vastly over-rated then.

He's a great player, but i read things where people talk of him as one of the very best. He's miles behind Muller for me, who is exactly the same age and position.

I'm no German football expert but, whenever I've seen BM, Muller plays consistently further forward than Kroos.

I'm no German football expert but, whenever I've seen BM, Muller plays consistently further forward than Kroos.

You're correct they play in different positions.

I can't see us even going for Kroos to be honest.  Rakitic would be more likely especially considering we've been linked so much.

Kroos has played as the central forward this season, as has Muller. Usually its Mandzukic tho, and next season it will be predominantly Lewandowski. Both Kroos and Muller are attacking midfielders tho, if you were to define their position. Only Muller seems to be far more effective at it. I'm not dissing Kroos, as ive said he's a really good player - but im just not seeing this world beater I often see him described as.

This Kroos rumour is a load of bollocks, why would Kroos move? he's played in virtually every game under Guardiola for a team that's won the league and could also win the champions league for a second time in two season's. It doesn't make any sense, therefore i conclude, it's bullshit.

I haven't seen many people mention us signing a goal scoring midfielder but I feel we need one.

The position Henderson plays in he should be getting over ten goals a season, we could do with a player who can do that role and get goals as competition.

Gerrard 13 goals

Sterling 9 goals

Coutinho 6 goals

Henderson 4 goals

Goals from midfield isn't that much of an issue for me.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen many people mention us signing a goal scoring midfielder but I feel we need one.

The position Henderson plays in he should be getting over ten goals a season, we could do with a player who can do that role and get goals as competition.

Cuz it is dumb.

Is there another team with even four 10 goal scorers? But we need five?

Ridonkulous

Gerrard 13 goals

Sterling 9 goals

Coutinho 6 goals

Henderson 4 goals

Goals from midfield isn't that much of an issue for me.

Gerrard plays dm, sterling wide or number 10 and the same for coutinho.

Coutinho can play as a cm but is not the strongest defensively, Im talking about an all round midfielder who can get goals and play a similar role to Henderson.

Gerrard plays dm, sterling wide or number 10 and the same for coutinho.

Coutinho can play as a cm but is not the strongest defensively, Im talking about an all round midfielder who can get goals and play a similar role to Henderson.

I don't care for positions. The 4 I listed are not strikers, they are not employed primarily to just score goals. But, and its quite a massive one, they have chipped in with 32 between them. That's better than 3 entire squads in the PL this season and only just behind a further 4. That's right 4 of our midfielders are on parity, give or take, with 7 premiership teams and you don't think thats enough?

Henderson will get 10-15 next season. He gets in great positions but more often than not misses the easy chances, next season he'll go into the campaign a lot more confident and mature, for me he's a guaranteed 10 goal a season midfielder.

I'm with whoever said go for Ramsey, him and Henderson pressing all over the pitch with pace and strength would be unplayable, both technically good too.

I don't care for positions. The 4 I listed are not strikers, they are not employed primarily to just score goals. But, and its quite a massive one, they have chipped in with 32 between them. That's better than 3 entire squads in the PL this season and only just behind a further 4. That's right 4 of our midfielders are on parity, give or take, with 7 premiership teams and you don't think thats enough?

I did say as competition, surely we need two players in every position like other clubs especially now we are back in champions league.

Right now we have cover for a 4231 formation but not a 433 which we have been playing.

Gerrard and Lucas are our two dms, Allen and Henderson all rounders and coutinho and Alberto are two number tens.

We need atleast one more all rounder Imo and I wouldn't be against selling Lucas and getting a new dm as competition for Gerrard.