You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd expect Konoplyanka to be at least under consideration.

He can't be deemed good enough in January and not now. Could be a bit like Sturridge in that we missed out in one window but got him in the next

Hope so. He'd give us width and pace down the left. We have none of that at the moment.

Another matchwinner will be key. Majority of teams will be parking the bus against us next season.

Two for me.  Konoplyanka perhaps to replace Moses (and play more often and have more effect), and then a top quality striker option too.  If Aspas was any good we wouldn't have been too worried about Sturridge being out - instead we rejigged our entire midfield to make up for it.

Konoplyanka or Iturbe for the forward slots, top of my list would be Jese, but doubt that will be possible.

Rakitic for midfield, still like Xhaka as a back up.

Would like a full back, but a lot depends on Enrique. With Wisdom and possibly Robinson back we might get by without it, but otherwise we need someone and if anyone it should be a first teamer. Siquera or Coentrao would be ideal as they can play higher up as well. No idea about Rodriguez. Otherwise reckon Clyne would be good value.

World class centre mid still remeins the absolute top priority for me.

Mine too, but the only one that I think would fit in here would be Vidal, and I don't think Juventus would sell him.

A dream summer window would be Vidal, Reus, Coentrao and Speroni coming in on a free to provide a decent challenge to Mignolet. 

I wouldn't sell anyone and I'd keep most of our first team players here, possibly loans for Suso, Wisom and Llori again. 

Among the best things about this team are its incredible hunger and togetherness. I've never seen anything like it, so anyone who comes in needs to have the same mentality and be able to fit in to the group. You might be a world class Chilean midfielder but if you're going or a potential world class Ukrainian winger but if you're not hungry for success but also humble then go somewhere else please, you're not needed here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

No names from me but in order of priority:

- a left back who can get up and down the pitch maybe score a couple and defend

- credible cover for Suarez/Sturridge

- another Allen/Henderson busy midfielder with great engine if they can score a couple too that would be great (and if they have Coutinho's dancing feet and Gerrards vision then they will be perfect).

That would do for me. Any more then we start to undermine what is a very successful team. We should only be looking to build on what we have - not replace at this time.

The players who have been out on loan are either good enough to come back into the squad (or heading in that direction) or should be cut loose.

• Downvote 1

From the Beeb:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27122370

Liverpool will hand manager Brendan Rodgers a significant summer transfer kitty as the club seek to build on qualification for the Champions League.

The Reds, favourites to win Premier League, believe Europe's elite competition will help them attract top talent and are willing to pay for it.

"It will cost what it costs when we decide who the manager wants to buy," said managing director Ian Ayre.

We always expected that the squad we need for next season will be very different to the squad for this year

Ian AyreLiverpool chief

Liverpool's small squad have benefited from not playing in Europe this season.

After finishing seventh last term, their target for the current campaign was to finish in the top four.

However, they have exceeded all expectations and are now assured of at least third place, avoiding a qualifying play-off to reach the Champions League proper.

With three games left, they top the Premier League table and need seven points to be crowned champions.

"It has always been tougher in the transfer market when you are not competing at the highest level," said Ayre.

"We have always been fortunate to be able to bring great players here despite that, but there is no question it opens up a few doors for us and makes it a little bit easier.

"There is no question we always expected that the squad we need for next season will be very different to the squad that we have needed for this year when we were not playing in Europe."

It is likely that Liverpool's main focus will be on defensive reinforcements.