You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

We would have a great chance of signing Rakitic if Sevilla don't get Champions League, he's realistic.

I endorse this view. It looks as if they will get to the Europa final but as the winners dont get CL as a result until next season - its very unlikely they will get in. And as all clubs in Spain are fucked - i doubt there isn't a requirement to get money in.

£15-20m should do it.

Go get. Now.

So an all rounder who is going to score 10 not playing full time. Good player - I like him - I'm in.

I do t get what you are saying, as an example so Im sure you understand what Im saying I want two top players for every position, a player on the bench who is capable of doing what those on the field can.

Looking at chelsea having Oscar as back up for William, that is smart and good for the squad Imo, are you saying because Chelsea have William and he is good they should not have Oscar as back up because he cant do things from the bench.

Had Arsenal finished outside the top 4 then maybe it would have been worth a go but they will finish 4th so wont happen.

Lallana impresses me more everytime I see him. Great feet and a quality footballer

Lallana just glides past people, I'm not sure he's even fast! It's hard to tell because his balance and feet are so good he literally just drifts past defenders, he's a quality player. He'd be a player id 100% take a look at

I imagine he'd cost shit loads, they bought him for £15m altogether wasn't it?

Great player tho

Since I first saw him at arsenal I thought he would go on to be a top top player but he has not progressed as fast as I thought he would.

Arsenal fans have been raving about him this season so I don't think we have a chance of getting him, I would definitely take him though.

Markovic would be class from Benfica, he's definitely one to watch for the future, other than that Kovacic would be a Coutinho-esque coup if we managed to pull it off. Send in Ian Ayre in the Babelcopter so he can sort it out, by that i mean frustrate and anger their board until they sell elsewhere at a fraction of our offer.

Since I first saw him at arsenal I thought he would go on to be a top top player but he has not progressed as fast as I thought he would.

Arsenal fans have been raving about him this season so I don't think we have a chance of getting him, I would definitely take him though.

I think injuries have played a part, he seems to get a lot of niggling little injuries and a few more serious ones. When he has a full season or 2 he could be world class.

Where's his best position? I know Wenger thinks he's going to end up a cm but he could play anywhere as he has done for Arsenal. To buy him and replace Moses for him would be like a dream as he's essentially just a much much better version of Moses.

A perfect player for us would have been Eriksen. Shame he's a fame seeking wage whore.

Enjoy London and all those trophies you Dutch cunt.*

*before anyone jumps in, I'm aware he's Danish.

I can't see any half way decent side in this league selling attacking players to rivals for less than double their value. They either don't need the money, don't want to sell, or both.

Lads earning a mint in CL sides in London, like Oxlade Chamberlain, are probably lowest on the list of targets for a reason.

Surprised at how many still think Henderson will be first-choice for us next season.

He's a very good player and has been important for us this season, sure, but we have to keep improving to stay at the top.  If you look at our first XI and think "which positions could we improve" the first one to come to my mind after the fullbacks is Henderson.  Doesn't mean he's rubbish - the days of "getting rid of the dead wood" are gone, thankfully.  

It just means that we can improve there.  Kovacic, Rakitic, Bender ... I don't know who it will be, but I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in a player to compete with Henderson with the idea of making him part of the squad.  He will still get plenty of minutes even so, with rotation and injuries, but I'd be surprised if he started 30 league games next season again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ill bite this is a joke surely, he isn't fit to lace raheems boots and we don't need a one dimensional player like him.

I like that dimension. Goals and assists is a hell of a dimension to have.

If I was getting one player from Arsenal, it'd be Walcott.

It'd be worth it just to field the fastest counter attacking front line in premier league history, Sterling on the left, Sturridge centre and Walcott on the right, those three would take teams apart on their own, not even factoring Suarez into the equation.

I think injuries have played a part, he seems to get a lot of niggling little injuries and a few more serious ones. When he has a full season or 2 he could be world class.

Where's his best position? I know Wenger thinks he's going to end up a cm but he could play anywhere as he has done for Arsenal. To buy him and replace Moses for him would be like a dream as he's essentially just a much much better version of Moses.

When I first saw him he was on the right but he wasn't playing like a normal winger, he was coming in side linking up playing through balls, playing very similarly to Raheem actually but he started off better and had more strength.

He has now got more powerful and is even playing in cm, he can do everything basically and can play anywhere in the midfield positions, if barkley is worth 50m then I don't know what value would be on chamberlain.