You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

All this speculation about Bony doesn't take into account the fact that he's likely to be absent for about a month in January, when he'll be with his country at the African Nations Cup. Swansea didn't have that issue to think about last season.

We need that new striker before we kick a ball in anger.

Not just within the 4 weeks.

Please please please get rid of Glenn Johnson today.

Like now. Pay him up and fuck him off.

A Gerrard, heart and soul player is not forthcoming either is it?

Or will Henderson be the new heartbeat of the cloob?

Lets see if Brendans nous will handle the loss of Suarez.

Conceding 20 fewer goals would help.

No sign of that happening as far as i can see.

Bit concerned. A bit.

Our problem at the moment is we have not signed a second choice striker. It's a vacancy that needs to be filled ASAP. My preference is for someone versatile who can play with Sturridge and also replace him.

We don't really seem to be linked with that type of player since the Remy deal fell through though so we? I've got to be honest, it just feels like the other windows right now where there'll be a bunch of speculation on the final days of the window, but we won't get anyone.

After spending almost £100m on players, is this our strongest XI?

Mignolet

Johnson    Skrtel    Sakho    Enrique

Gerrard

Allen   Henderson

Sterling            Coutinho

Sturridge

I would be very surprised if Lovren doesn't start, probably in place of Skrtel. Also, based on what I've seen of him so far, Can is ahead of Allen. So for me there's at least two changes to be made with that team. 

Then the fullbacks are up in the air. Flanagan should be ahead of Johnson based on last season. Kelly should be ahead of Johnson based on pre-season. And if Manquillo is anything like what we hope, he should start to factor in. 

If we sign Moreno I expect him to be eased into the team and take Enrique's place. Depending on Enrique's form and how fast Moreno settles, it might happen sooner, or a bit later, but I expect to see that this season too. 

Lallana and Markovic to add competition to Coutinho and Sterling should see us right in those spots. Ibe might stick around too as he's growing as a player. 

We clearly need another striker, as the gap between Sturridge and Lambert is too great. That's the glaring weakness for me, assuming the fullbacks sign soon. 

Mauro Icardi from Inter.

Never heard of him. His stats look alright. Strangely though, when you compare them to Borini in Italy then Borini would seem to be what we are looking for more!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mauro-icardi/leistungsdaten/spieler/68863/saison/2013

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabio-borini/leistungsdaten/spieler/96754/saison/2011

I haven't read anything about Bony for weeks, theres lots of reports about Lavezzi and theres rumours today of Mauro Icardi from Inter.

The Icardi rumour is an interesting one.  I'd be even more excited if it were Berardi but I suppose there's no chance of Juve letting him go this summer.  Icardi, though - we should do more deals with Inter.  Their management makes Ian Ayre look like a genius, if we could figure out which of their players they underrate there could be some bargains to be had.  I've been on record for a while as a huge fan of Kovacic, would love to swap him in for Allen.

In the end I doubt we'll buy Icardi; I have a feeling that we're in the market for a more short-term solution or at least someone in the prime of their career.  You can't have all your players being 20 years old and we'll need another goalscorer with a bit of experience alongside Sturridge in those games where we need to keep our calm and keep plugging away to get the vital goal.

So the TLW anti-norgie mafia wanted Downing well well well maybe we should listen to the little man offering the alternative view. Rather than stamp them out. If that is Mr Cat or Brigant offering a different view then pay attention we might learn something.

No-one really wanted Downing, as you well know.  Kenny's transfer brainfart brought in a slew of players that disappointed.   

What shite do we need to listen to from Nightcat?  That we need a striker or two? Well dur - he is truly the enlightened one.  When he spurts out shite about 'disgusting filthy fake scousers' or some such diarrhoea you can pay full attention to that if you like, I'd rather listen to sensible debate.   

We don't really seem to be linked with that type of player since the Remy deal fell through though so we? I've got to be honest, it just feels like the other windows right now where there'll be a bunch of speculation on the final days of the window, but we won't get anyone.

Agreed, it does seem to have gone quiet on that sort of player since Remy fell through. That's the sort we need - someone to replace Sturridge and play alongside him too; someone with pace who can run the channels if need be, as well as weigh in with goals. 

If we can't sign versatility, we should sign someone to play right through the middle as a back up/alternate to Sturridge, even if they can't play with Sturridge effectively. Bony seems most strongly linked, but I'm not sure how much of that is current. 

you know what tgdwpd a l dtajgmg pmddappgmmajp and they will end the job and if the gadddp reckons so then they have to make it sounds or fuckd f and get b job at west ham and dta it it it's mmj w wdmmtaajj and ppddgatatd on aa mixed aussie agg mere phone. super dry.r and r. fuck3he loT of jgdm.

• Upvote 7

you know what tgdwpd a l dtajgmg pmddappgmmajp and they will end the job and if the gadddp reckons so then they have to make it sounds or fuckd f and get b job at west ham and dta it it it's mmj w wdmmtaajj and ppddgatatd on aa mixed aussie agg mere phone. super dry.r and r. fuck3he loT of jgdm.

Excellent post.

• Upvote 1

I love the club dearly but I despair at the lack of organisational skills sometimes. It just repeats like a bad fucking dream. Yet again, here we are scrabbling around for a driver, just weeks before the race. If Sanchez was our one big target then that is piss poor.