You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Thank you J V for bringing Ashley Sky into my life, praise the internet.

Ashley%2BSky%2B-%2BWet%2BT-Shirt%2B2.gif

An+Ashley+Sky+vine..gif

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

D2PJKWy.gif

Ashley Sky everyone, there is a god after all *slow claps*

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sturridge will be getting a new contract either way after last season.

Well without question he deserves a big payrise. But the suits will look at his injury record and consider what is fair value. Sturridge rightly would want parity with any top attacking player that came in this summer. Hence me saying I would be suprised if they bought in a player on 100-150k. It is why we were never serious about Sanchez.  

I do not care what a player earns but a few on here have a good moan about players wages mainly due to jealousy it would seem. it is not like they are going to reduce your ticket price if player a leaves. Glen Johnson and Lucas were both given a payrise and contract extension under FSG's watch.

Do people think FSG should not give Sturridge a pay rise as he is a bit of a crock as they moan about Aggers injury record and players who are deadwood etc and clogging up the wagebill?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Do you not think Lucas is well worth whatever we're paying him, Denny?

I do not have an issue with what any player earns. Although I would sell Lucas and Allen as I think now we have champions league we could get better. I have more of an issue with people moaning about what player a or b earns.I l also do not like the balance of the midfield.

The reason I say this they are rightly talking of improved contracts for Coutinho and Sturridge but if there are injurys or loss of form and in the case of Sturridge we know there are some problems. People just bitch and moan they are overpaid.

I also take issue with fans talking about people ripping the club off like they held Ian Ayre and the gang hostage and gave him a line of crack and made him sign an extension with improved wages. The club give players contracts because it is in their interests to safeguard the value of the player.

I do not have an issue with what any player earns. Although I would sell Lucas and Allen as I think now we have champions league we could get better. I have more of an issue with people moaning about what player a or b earns. The reason I say this they are rightly talking of improved contracts for Coutinho and Sturridge but if there are injurys or loss of form and in the case of Sturridge we know there are some problems. People just bitch and moan they are overpaid.

I also take issue with fans talking about people ripping the club off like they held Ian Ayre and the gang hostage and gave him a line of crack and made him sign improved wages. The club give players contracts because it is in their interests to safeguard the value of the player.

No one gives a shit about wages. Except for Glen Johnson. In a white-collar world we call that embezzling. 

I do not care what a player earns but a few on here have a good moan about players wages mainly due to jealousy it would seem. it is not like they are going to reduce your ticket price if player a leaves. Glen Johnson and Lucas were both given a payrise and contract extension under FSG's watch.

Do people think FSG should not give Sturridge a pay rise as he is a bit of a crock as they moan about Aggers injury record and players who are deadwood etc and clogging up the wagebill?

Frod is Frode's alter ego. Like Bruce Wayne and Batman, only Frod's not a billionaire philanthropist, he's just a humble norwegian fjord dweller, a man with an insatiable love of pine. Frode on the other hand is his estranged Eminem loving twin.

Keepers - sorted

Centrebacks - sorted

Full backs - not sorted

Johnson

Flanagan

Kelly

Enrique

Defensive midfielders - one is inconsistent in his positioning, the other too slow and laboured. Not sorted.

Gerrard

Lucas

Box-to-Box Midfielders - kind of sorted. I would bin Allen, but he's okay as squad filler

Henderson

Can

Allen

Attacking Midfielders - sorted? Depends on how well the two new signings go

Coutinho

Lallana

Sterling

Markovich

Suso

Forwards - pretty fucking far from sorted, FFS.

Sturridge

Lambert

Borini

Does that about sum it up?

We tried for Sanchez, and then when that didn't happen we went for Remy and Origi. I completely agree with both attempts. Unfortunately Remy fell through on the medical, so now we are assessing options again. I'm excited about Origi as I think he will be a big player, but we definitely need someone for this season. The situation is made a bit more complicated by Borini's will he/won't he? 

I'm confident a new striker will be brought in soon.

Lambert is a 3rd choice back up at minimal cost. He offers more than Aspas. Our problem so far is that we have not signed a higher level striker to challenge/replace and dovetail with Sturridge. Lambert is fine. I don't like the Richard Keel gif as I don't like to see our players get stick from our fans, especially as they are just finding their feet in pre-season.