You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Have you lads seen the documentary that it was based on? The Central Park five? That was a fantastic documentary,although a horrible topic of course. Maybe they've made the series to give the wrongly accused a few quid? Rightly so,if correct.

They all made a fortune in a lawsuit against the state. Fully deserved of course.

Once I'm finished with Stranger Things, I'm going to struggle to find something.

Any newish recommendations?

Only ones I'm considering are Yellowstone and Succession but both don't really appeal to me greatly.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Once I'm finished with Stranger Things, I'm going to struggle to find something.

Only ones I'm considering are Yellowstone and Succession but both don't really appeal to me greatly.

3% is decent. Scfi/drama.

Dead to me, dark comedy type thing. Only 30 min episodes. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Get yourself on the Oprah show that accompanies it. 

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Have you lads seen the documentary that it was based on? The Central Park five? That was a fantastic documentary,although a horrible topic of course. Maybe they've made the series to give the wrongly accused a few quid? Rightly so,if correct.

Will look for both, cheers.

Guest Pistonbroke
22 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Weeds

The League

Lillyhammer

I've been wanting to watch that Lillyhammer but it's no longer on Netflix, maybe's that is just Netflix Germany though. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've been wanting to watch that Lillyhammer but it's no longer on Netflix, maybe's that is just Netflix Germany though. 

It’s a Netflix original so it should be on there. It’s spelt Lilyhammer though with only one ‘L’, try searching for that. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Warrior

City on a hill 

nos4a2

Perpetual Grace, LTD

Good Omens

If you haven’t seen any of them then definitely Good Omens first. It’s boss. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It’s a Netflix original so it should be on there. It’s spelt Lilyhammer though with only one ‘L’, try searching for that. 

Thanks for the try mate, but just checked a site via google and it is one of the shows which has just been dropped from Netflix in Germany. I'm not sure if a VPN set to UK will change my Netflix content, but it might be worth a try. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Warrior

City on a hill 

nos4a2

Perpetual Grace, LTD

Good Omens

If you haven’t seen any of them then definitely Good Omens first. It’s boss. 

Good Omens is ace, but on Prime I believe, as is nos4a2...is that any good as I keep seeing adds for it when I use Prime. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Thanks for the try mate, but just checked a site via google and it is one of the shows which has just been dropped from Netflix in Germany. I'm not sure if a VPN set to UK will change my Netflix content, but it might be worth a try. 

It’s definitely on the UK Netflix, I had a look before. Worth the effort because it’s a good little show. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Good Omens is ace, but on Prime I believe, as is nos4a2...is that any good as I keep seeing adds for it when I use Prime. 

Think Elite downloads or uses Kodi so he should be able to get it. Nos4a2 isn’t as good as Good Omens but it’s still a good watch it you like that kind of thing. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It’s definitely on the UK Netflix, I had a look before. Worth the effort because it’s a good little show. 

Using a VPN doesn't seem to change my Neflix content. Oh well, I'll just use TeaTV on the firestick to watch it at a later date, too much I want to watch first. The VPN trick might work if I use a yank location or clear my cache etc...Might try it later. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just used an American location and get all the USA content on Netflix, which includes a shit load more than we get, including Lilyhammer. Happy days. Need to research possible repercussions though, don't want to risk having my account suspended for using a VPN. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Finished S1 of Dark. Absolutely enjoyed that, something different and well written. I'd advise you to watch it on your own with headphones because if you were to get distracted it could be quite confusing. I can't wait to dig into S2.

9.5/10

13 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just used an American location and get all the USA content on Netflix, which includes a shit load more than we get, including Lilyhammer. Happy days. Need to research possible repercussions though, don't want to risk having my account suspended for using a VPN. 

VPNs are perfectly legal. There is a certain sports team that advertise one at their ground.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

VPNs are perfectly legal. There is a certain sports team that advertise one at their ground.

Legal to use, yes. Depends on what restrictions you are getting around where problems may occur and obviously what you are doing, downloading content etc. Some countries have even banned them, but mainly countries that you wouldn't try to access a server in anyway. Plus getting caught doing illegal stuff is pretty slim, in fact nigh on impossible unless you use a service where they log your IP and it is in a country where the Government could theoretically raid their premises and get hold of their log data. That's why I would always advice using a paid service and one which isn't based in one of the big countries. (five eyes, USA, UK, Canada, Australia and NZ...... and 14 eyes, main European countries)

Netflix is fine though, as you are not downloading anything and are indeed using a service you pay for. It's up to Netflix to block them, which they do. However, if you have a good one like Express VPN they will nearly always have a certain amount of their servers working for a specific country, you just have to switch to one of those that work. 

Guest Pistonbroke
28 minutes ago, redheart said:

I use the VPN built into OPERA browser. How can I tell which country I am logging in from?

Also how do I use a VPN when  I am using my Samsung Smart TV and the netflix app?

For your TV you'll have to add a VPN from the app store or if you are using Firestick from Amazon. 

As far as built in VPN's go they are shite in general, paid ones are the way to go. If you still want to use the freebies then just click on the VPN icon when the browser is open.

vpn-press-image