You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

48 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm probably a bit late to this, but I've just finished both series of Upright

It's a sitcom with Tim Minchin, driving across Australia to see his family for the first time in years. He's towing an upright piano and - after a road accident - a teenage fellow-traveller.  It's brilliantly scripted, developing their characters and relationship and revealing their stories in a way that's very funny, moving and believable.  Some of the set-piece episodes with people they meet on their journey are hilarious.  The two lead characters are very engaging (although I'd probably swerve them in real life), so it passes my basic test of whether I give a shit what happens to the people in any programme. 

I think it's available on Sky and maybe Prime.  Get it watched.

I think I remember that from a few years back. It was very good.

Started watching From. I vowed to never watch anything from any of the lost creator bastards again but so far it's looking a good show (Just finished episode 3) Let's hope it's got more longevity than Lost and they actually have a clue what they are going to do towards the end.

8/10

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Welsh said:

Started watching From. I vowed to never watch anything from any of the lost creator bastards again but so far it's looking a good show (Just finished episode 3) Let's hope it's got more longevity than Lost and they actually have a clue what they are going to do towards the end.

8/10

I'm 4 episodes in and really enjoying it. 

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Alone.

First episode of 6 on channel 4.

11 contestants are dropped into the Canadian wilderness to compete  in a test of survival for a £100,000 prize.

Decent so far with the first episode still playing.

What a stunningly beautiful place.

Is this a British version?

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Power - 7.5/10

I've watched 5 seasons now and it's good fun but utterly ridiculous. 

I loved it, Tommy is one of the greatest characters of all time. Worst acting ever but an absolute head case. 

Irvine Welsh Crime on ITVX.

Been looking forward to seeing this but couldn’t be arsed paying for britbox to watch it.

Thank god I didn’t cos it was a massive let down.

Dougrays good as the “hard drinking, coke snorting, good cop with issues” and his assistants lovely but that’s as far as it goes.

Scripts full of Irvine’s rampant playing to the audience monologues that were new in the 90’s and the contrived plot with the girl from Corrie taking down her boss was embarrassing and you could see exactly what he was aiming to do here. Girl power boxes well and truly ticked.

The main story about a child abductor from Dougs past tends to get forgotten about quite a bit until they realise they’re going to need to end this soon and just like ITV request from all their dramas, they really make the ending as awful as they can. 

5/10 watch if you’ve got nothing better to do when the nights draw in. 

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Lincoln Lawyer - Series 2 (both parts) - 7.5/10.

The televisual equivalent of going to watch some popcorn at the cinema. Enjoyable enough but not remotely serious. An extended John Grisham-like televisual novel.

I'd knock it down to a 6 at best. It's OK, and the courtroom scenes are enjoyable enough- especially the ultra-sarcy judges- but it's just not that funny and the stories don't really work that well. Both this series and the first one have had conclusions completely out of left field with barely any indication of anything untoward- this series was actually better in that regard and it still hinged on something which no one could possibly have foreseen. I know that's the same problem with most crime shows, but it's compounded by the Netflix curse of a load of filler as well. Still, the last few episodes were well done, and hopefully it doesn't have to rely on Legal and Izzy as story telling conceits if there's going to be another episode.

I need to give these books a read, Bosch was fun but fairly grounded and so was the film, but these almost seem like a cartoon version.