You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just finished The Looming Tower and it's very good 8/10 for me. 

It was a lot more critical of the US government itself and gave some understanding from the opposition point of view too. 

Midway through it was a bit slow but the last 2 episodes were very good. 

12 hours ago, Elite said:

Midway through it was a bit slow but the last 2 episodes were very good. 

Yes. I thought that they got the last episode spot on without over sentimentality. What went on at the end,politically and those political characters who followed,showed what a shitshow it all was to become.

Piece of Cake (1988) 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157239/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

6 part mini series based on book of same name follows Hornet squadron as WW2 is declared and they’re deployed to France. 

Hi jinks in the mess and lashing of bulldog spirit. 

8 give them a bloody shovel’s out of 10. 

Kodi users: in the add on Fido.K19 there’s tons of old series preloaded under classic TV shows. 

• Upvote 1

High Desert on apple. Patricia arquette in the lead role with Rupert friend in there too. Based on a story of some mad old bird who used to sell weed and got knicked. She's drifting in life in a shit job and decides to try and become a PI. I'm 3 episodes in and I just don't get it. I'm sure there must be a story in there somewhere that they are trying to tell, but I can't find it. Oh and it's supposed to be a comedy and I haven't laughed once. 3/10 so far, but my bird seems to like it, so I'll probably end up watching it all. Luckily it's only 8 episodes. I'd have dumped it if it was something just I was watching. 

I watched the series finale of the blacklist last night. It's been shite for years now, but I've still found it very watchable because of Spader's performances - although it's been one of those shows where I've kind of watched it with one eye for years. But the finale was just fucking bizarre. Possibly one of the most unsatisfying endings to a show I've seen, as well as being just fucking weird and random. 

I will miss it as a show for Spader's performances alone, but it has to be said it's not been a serious show for years and it was really way past its sell by date. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I watched the series finale of the blacklist last night. It's been shite for years now, but I've still found it very watchable because of Spader's performances - although it's been one of those shows where I've kind of watched it with one eye for years. But the finale was just fucking bizarre. Possibly one of the most unsatisfying endings to a show I've seen, as well as being just fucking weird and random. 

I will miss it as a show for Spader's performances alone, but it has to be said it's not been a serious show for years and it was really way past its sell by date. 

I gave up a couple of series ago, but my mate has followed it religiously. Spader is brilliant in it.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I gave up a couple of series ago, but my mate has followed it religiously. Spader is brilliant in it.

Tried not for spoilers below, but to some extent impossible. 

I have watched it all, but mostly in recent years while I've been doing other things. I've paid a bit more attention as it was getting closer to the finale, but that was fucking pointless as the ending was fucking nuts. A ridiculous outcome for Red, no real clarity on what happens to the people in the task force, no answer on who red actually is (was he some sex change from Liz's mum as was hinted for a bit?), just nothing really. It was almost like nobody told the writers it needed to end and they realised they only had 20 mins to go to try and wrap it up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Tried not for spoilers below, but to some extent impossible. 

I have watched it all, but mostly in recent years while I've been doing other things. I've paid a bit more attention as it was getting closer to the finale, but that was fucking pointless as the ending was fucking nuts. A ridiculous outcome for Red, no real clarity on what happens to the people in the task force, no answer on who red actually is (was he some sex change from Liz's mum as was hinted for a bit?), just nothing really. It was almost like nobody told the writers it needed to end and they realised they only had 20 mins to go to try and wrap it up. 

Sounds like I made the right decision, but despite the warning I might just binge the last one for closure.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Sounds like I made the right decision, but despite the warning I might just binge the last one for closure.

To be honest, as I said I watched it for spader. And if it was going to season 11 instead of ending, I'd keep watching. Not taking it too seriously, but an easy background TV thing. 

Jack Ryan - season 4. 8/10. As the show overall comes to an end, all four seasons have been very watchable television, even if a bit cliche’d at times. Maybe room for a Prime TV one-off film a couple of years down the line?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Elite said:

Just watched the first episode of 'Kin', very promising start. It's like an Irish Gomorrah. One of the brothers is a ringer for Mac out of it's always sunny.

Watched a few more now. It's fucking fantastic.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Finished The Looming Tower. Really enjoyed it but I found Jeff Daniels to be very unconvincing as an aging fanny magnet.

Wren Schmidt is tasty as fuck but her character was a fucking truly horrible cunt.

About 7/10 seems about right.

I think that woman's character and her boss fella were supposed to be like that as she blanked the enquiry by hiding behind a curtain and faking being undercover,imo. Her boss got his wish under the Bush Jnr administration about obliterating citizens too.

On 15/07/2023 at 14:23, Anubis said:

Jack Ryan - season 4. 8/10. As the show overall comes to an end, all four seasons have been very watchable television, even if a bit cliche’d at times. Maybe room for a Prime TV one-off film a couple of years down the line?

I'll have to go back to that..I watched the first 2 seasons and then never went back to it. I do struggle to take John krasinski seriously in the role, I can only ever see Jim off the office.