You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

Good finish last game, just when the Phillies though they could win it the Yanks pull it out again. Phils were 1 strike away from going to the bottom of the 9th 4-4.

I kind of hope the Phillies win tomorrow so the Yankees can win in NY, the celebrations aren't as good when the stadium is empty.

Good finish last game, just when the Phillies though they could win it the Yanks pull it out again. Phils were 1 strike away from going to the bottom of the 9th 4-4.

I kind of hope the Phillies win tomorrow so the Yankees can win in NY, the celebrations aren't as good when the stadium is empty.

Well, they're heading back to New York for game 6 tomorrow after the Phills won last nights game 8-6 to pull the series back to 3-2 Yankees, Cliff Lee picking up his 2nd win of the series, already an early candidate for MVP should the Phillies overcome the Yankees in New York.

I see the Original poster is going to New York tomorrow.

World Series final on the day of his arrival....hmmmm.

atk never been to a baseball game in his life and turns up the day the Yankees are in a World Series final.

Gloryhunter.

The Hicks and Gillett of Baseball, turning up for the big games. ;-)

Have a good trip Al. Don't forget the banner.

Fuck the Yankees, and fuck everyone ragging on my boy, Cole Hamels. They're all just jealous of his awesome face.

He's struggled this season and looks a shadow of the pitcher he was in the last season when he was unhittable at times.

I'm hoping the Phillies can overcome the evil empire, mostly because I'd rather see a National League side win, but also because of a certain link between those damn Yankees and a certain other team.

I see the Original poster is going to New York tomorrow.

World Series final on the day of his arrival....hmmmm.

atk never been to a baseball game in his life and turns up the day the Yankees are in a World Series final.

Gloryhunter.

The Hicks and Gillett of Baseball, turning up for the big games. ;-)

Have a good trip Al. Don't forget the banner.

There's already a Hicks of baseball. His name is Hicks. And his Rangers have sucked for years.

I hope this Series goes to 7 games. I don't care who wins, I just want to see one team's fanbase heartbroken in a dramatic fashion. (I get this way when my team's not in the Series.)

By the way, I'm ecstatic that this thread hasn't devolved into a heated discussion of why the World Series is called the "World" Series...

Go Phills (for now...)

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow I've really been getting into it there has been some great games so far. There is something about the Yankees that just makes me want to watch, there are games on the TV every day here and I usually only watch fully when the Yankees are playing.

I think the Yankees will take it tomorrow.

There's already a Hicks of baseball. His name is Hicks. And his Rangers have sucked for years.

I hope this Series goes to 7 games. I don't care who wins, I just want to see one team's fanbase heartbroken in a dramatic fashion. (I get this way when my team's not in the Series.)

By the way, I'm ecstatic that this thread hasn't devolved into a heated discussion of why the World Series is called the "World" Series...

Go Phills (for now...)

They had their best season in years this time round, but bottled it in the run in, such a shame...

Sure, they won 87 games, but they finished 10 games back, haven't made the playoffs for about 10 years, and have never made it out of the first round.

Their best season in years...

They have a couple of really talented youngsters that they acquired from the Braves as part of the Texeira deal a couple of seasons back, Elvis Andrus and Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Yeah, they have some good kids. It's tough to compete with LA's money (and Seattle's, for that matter) in the West. That Rodriguez deal kinda messed up their finances, and I'm not sure when they'll recover. I was sure John Hart as GM would have done great things -- like he did in Cleveland even without a big payroll. With the Rangers' money I thought they would have at least made a League Series or two. It's a shame.

He's struggled this season and looks a shadow of the pitcher he was in the last season when he was unhittable at times.

I'm hoping the Phillies can overcome the evil empire, mostly because I'd rather see a National League side win, but also because of a certain link between those damn Yankees and a certain other team.

Everyone's jumped on his "I just want it to be over" comments this week too, he's under fire is Cole and I'm not having it.

Everyone's jumped on his "I just want it to be over" comments this week too, he's under fire is Cole and I'm not having it.

He's still an outstanding pitcher and I'd love him to be in the Braves rotation, but he has struggled this past season, for what ever reason. I'm sure he'll come back strong next season, apart from when he's up against the Braves of course.

Yeah, they have some good kids. It's tough to compete with LA's money (and Seattle's, for that matter) in the West. That Rodriguez deal kinda messed up their finances, and I'm not sure when they'll recover. I was sure John Hart as GM would have done great things -- like he did in Cleveland even without a big payroll. With the Rangers' money I thought they would have at least made a League Series or two. It's a shame.

As you mention both the Mariners and Indians, and the fact that you are Omar Vizquel, which of the 2 sides that the legend played for do you follow?

A mate gave me an Alomar Indians shirt not too long ago, so I tend to keep an eye out for their results in the AL.

It's a great city, great ballpark, and a team with a ton of history. It's one of the original teams in the league. They won the Series in 1920 and 1948, and when I was young they made it in 1995 and 1997. The '95 was statistically one of the greatest teams in baseball history, but they lost to the Braves in 6 games. During the 90s they sold out 455 straight home games, which is an amazing record for a small city team.

Sandy Alomar was a helluva player. One of the team's greats.

It's a great city, great ballpark, and a team with a ton of history. It's one of the original teams in the league. They won the Series in 1920 and 1948, and when I was young they made it in 1995 and 1997. The '95 was statistically one of the greatest teams in baseball history, but they lost to the Braves in 6 games. During the 90s they sold out 455 straight home games, which is an amazing record for a small city team.

Sandy Alomar was a helluva player. One of the team's greats.

I stopped off briefly in Cleveland a few years back on the way to Vegas, more because of the superbly named Hopkins International airport than anything else mind..... Anyway, there were loads of people wearing Indians shirts in and around the airport, despite them not having a great start to the season. I'm led to believe from an NFL following mate that the Browns are also very well followed by the natives.