You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

Is it only a 4 innings game?

Full 9 innings, pitchers just start with a low workload.

An example:

Starter 1 - 2 innings

Long relief/minor league starter - 2 innings

Middle relief - 1 inning

Middle relief - 1 inning

Set up 1 - 1 inning

Set up 2 - 1 inning

Closer - 1 inning

They'll probably mix and match left handed and right handed pitching to suit the opposition.

But would they not fill there own stadium Jules?. Liverpool do in pre season why not the Yankies?

CC Sabathia would make it a full house mate. Is Matusi(think that's his name) still at the Yankies?

Thing is Al, you are looking at a 162 game season, then playoffs on top of that. Also the TV coverage out there is blanket, wall to wall mate. There is literally a few games on pretty much every day, then MLB.com as well.

So you're hardly struggling to get to a game as a fan.

When I went to watch the Mets, it was a piece of piss to get tickets for the opening weekend. So I'd imagine they are hardly queuing out the door for pre-season.

Can't understand what the letters mean mate. I thought they were one down but could not get my head round it.

I gather once there 1st innings is over they will post there score at the top.

What should I be looking at for the score?

Also we need to get rid of young fucking useless.

Yeah, the live box scores are not the best and tend to get updated every inning at best.

The key things to look for from the batting stats are R (Runs) and RBI (Runs batted in).

Pitching stats would be R (Runs) and ER (Earned Runs).

Scoring can be complex, better if a native explained this, but the above are the key stats to get you by for now.

WTF Why have we got a 0 on the 3rd innings colum when they battered first?, Why is our 3rd innings before there's

Pads are batting first mate. The team at the top of the scoreboard are the away team, and always bat first.

3-2 to the Mariners now, fairly decent game by the looks of things.

Braves beat the Pirates 4-2, so are now 2 & 1 for the spring training campaign.

WTF Why have we got a 0 on the 3rd innings colum when they battered first?, Why is our 3rd innings before there's

2-1 Hairston, Come on lets fuck these Pads

2-2 Stairs.

Oh when the pads, oh when the pads.

Go marching in, Go marching in.

Oh when the pads go marching in

I want to be in that number

Oh when the pads go marchin in

Haha, someone rep this mental man for me. As clueless as I am in this game, but still 100% behind his team.

What do you reckon for the Braves this season, Dynamite?

Sticking me neck out a bit, but I reckon we'll make the playoffs, more than likely through the Wild Card.

Our pitching rotation is just about as good as it gets in the whole of MLB, though we need an up turn in form from Derek Lowe.

The rotation is set up as follows:

1.Lowe

2. Jurrjens

3. Hansen

4. Hudson

5. Kawakwami

Our bullpen is fairly strong, the likes of Moylan, O'Flaherty, Saito and Wagner are very reliable, when healthy of course.

We haven't got the hitting power of the Phillies, or the Mets really, but as long as Chipper and Glaus can stay healthy for large parts of the season, we'll score some runs. Brian McCann will again be the best offensive catcher in MLB.

I'm hoping Nate McClouth is fully fit this season, and I'm interested to see how Melky will adjust to the National League.

I reckon we'll open against the Cubs with this lineup:

CF - Nate McClouth

2B - Martin Prado

3B - Chipper Jones

1B - Troy Glaus

C - Brian McCann

SS - Yunel Escobar

RF - Melky Cabrera

LF - Matt Diaz

P - Derek Lowe

It's Bobby Cox's last season in charge as well, so hopefully this will motivate the players to achieve a playoff spot.

Shitting bastard the Cardinals lose in an epic game to start of our Spring training 17-11 to the mets, although it might have been different had Charlie Zink not made a complete and utter balls up of his pitching stint giving up 7 runs to the mets. still this was with a load of second stringers and no Pujols no Holliday no Molina and only 3 startes playing today in Shumaker and Ludwick with a decent performance by Rasmus after he dropped an easy fly in the first inning.

Hope the Mets enjoy today it'll be different tomorrow with a stronger Cards line up

Guest the boy
I reckon we'll open against the Cubs with this lineup:

CF - Nate McClouth

2B - Martin Prado

3B - Chipper Jones

1B - Troy Glaus

C - Brian McCann

SS - Yunel Escobar

RF - Melky Cabrera

LF - Matt Diaz

P - Derek Lowe

there is no fucking way that Melky Cabrera and Matt Diaz are both starting come April. not necessarily a bad thing: Jason Heyward could be a beast.

there is no fucking way that Melky Cabrera and Matt Diaz are both starting come April. not necessarily a bad thing: Jason Heyward could be a beast.

If Heyward comes out of Spring Training in the bigs squad, then yes, Heyward will play right and Diaz and Melky will platoon in left. If Heyward doesn't, then Melky and Diaz will start the corner outfield positions in my opinion.

If Jordan Schafer can get fit, and get into the Majors club, then he could also play in the outfield.

You dont fancy taking Liz off our hands do you? $5m?

Naw fraid not mate, not with what we already have in our Starting pitching squad. Zink who fucked up today will be lucky to see any action once the season starts and it sounds like Liz is the same for the pads

• 3 weeks later...

0 for 2 with a K tonight, but he's hitting .364 for Spring Training, which is very good.

He's the number 1 prospect in MLB, so big things are expected from him, though perhaps not for another year or so while he finds his feet in the bigs.