You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Is it not a bit creepy? Whats wrong with hanging out with your mates or playing Fifa, eh?

Probably won't be so creepy when they're running their own 3 michelin starred restaurant in London, beating off supermodels with a shitty stick and deciding which ferrari to go out in today.

Still, I'm sure theres career opportunities in playing FIFA, although I'm still waiting for one to present itself. At 39.

Probably won't be so creepy when they're running their own 3 michelin starred restaurant in London, beating off supermodels with a shitty stick and deciding which ferrari to go out in today.

Still, I'm sure theres career opportunities in playing FIFA, although I'm still waiting for one to present itself. At 39.

And they'll still be precocious upstarts. And why is everything about career opportunities? Not just you...I find myself 'selling' stuff that my kids dont really want to do with that in mind.

Back on topic, Tom Kerridge's beef the other night was very good. The grated ginger added a really subtle background heat

And they'll still be precocious upstarts. And why is everything about career opportunities? Not just you...I find myself 'selling' stuff that my kids dont really want to do with that in mind.

Back on topic, Tom Kerridge's beef the other night was very good. The grated ginger added a really subtle background heat

If you can find a career in something that you love doing, wouldn't that be the greatest thing? If theres no career in what you love doing, thats not important either. The one thing my missus and I have promised ourselves is that we won't put any pressure on the boy career wise.

Not everyone I know who was mercilessly whipped (figuratively speaking) to achieve by their parents ended up successful, but they all ended up unhappy.

Sorry for the derail, on with the topic. Food n stuff. Yums.

If you can find a career in something that you love doing, wouldn't that be the greatest thing? If theres no career in what you love doing, thats not important either. The one thing my missus and I have promised ourselves is that we won't put any pressure on the boy career wise.

Not everyone I know who was mercilessly whipped (figuratively speaking) to achieve by their parents ended up successful, but they all ended up unhappy.

Sorry for the derail, on with the topic. Food n stuff. Yums.

Not just you.

There's a happy medium with these things. We have been pretty slack in that department, listening to the lives of certain friends and the stuff their kids are put through leaves me giddy, and my kids have just done their own thing but belatedly I find myself with an eye on the dreaded cv trying to make up for lost ground

Was having a conversation about pro master chef with someone the other day there isnt a chance these getting through are the best in the country out of everyone that aplied its like Xfactor. No Chef thinks im going for fame you wanna be the best but your aim isnt fame seems like these cooking shows are full of people that want book deals etc, If you want to be the best for your food you wouldnt go on Masterchef,