You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

If we got Muriel and Soldado or Muriel and Bernard with the Suarez money I think we would have done very well indeed.

I think Muriel would be our top target if Suarez goes, he ticks all the boxes and we could get him.

We could use rest of money from Suarez sale on top winger and get eriksen with money we already have, a stronger team and not reliant on one player.

I keep seeing people talking about it being a "world cup year" as some sort of reason as to why we could force Suarez to stay. I don't understand.

He plays for Uruguay and has hardly any competition. He'll be going to the World Cup and start whether he works his balls off all year or sits on his arse, either way.

I keep seeing people talking about it being a "world cup year" as some sort of reason as to why we could force Suarez to stay. I don't understand.

He plays for Uruguay and has hardly any competition. He'll be going to the World Cup and start whether he works his balls off all year or sits on his arse, either way.

Well within reason.

If he downed tools and didn't play any football for the next 9 months I doubt even Uruguay would be that keen on giving him a run out.

He could possibly do a Torres and phone it in week in week out but Rodger's is no Hodgson. Suarez would find himself on the bench quick enough. So at least being on the bench would probably keep him in contention for the World Cup.

But I think theres no way it being a World Cup year has no bearing on the situation. It does to some degree.

I'll be watching Bernard in a couple hours here in Brazil - Atletico are playing Olympia in the home leg of the Copa Libertadores final. I've seen him play, on television, several times but can't say I'm too impressed. He's fast as hell but must be smaller than Coutinho. In Brazil, the ref calls everything, so he's used to having lots of space to run into.

Everybody thinks he's going to Arsenal.

Yep, and they might not even qualify.

Well within reason.

If he downed tools and didn't play any football for the next 9 months I doubt even Uruguay would be that keen on giving him a run out.

He could possibly do a Torres and phone it in week in week out but Rodger's is no Hodgson. Suarez would find himself on the bench quick enough. So at least being on the bench would probably keep him in contention for the World Cup.

But I think theres no way it being a World Cup year has no bearing on the situation. It does to some degree.

Okay' date=' I disregarded the quite unrealistic possibility of him not playing [i']any[/i] football over the next 9 months. If he quit football for a season then of course he would probably not be chosen, but in what world is that going to happen mate?

It really doesn't have any substantial bearing on the situation in my opinion. I do understand your points but I just don't think they really apply.

Anyway, lets just get this done with quickly! I'm sick of it.

Put it on a CL win or you'll be wasting your dosh.

I promise Napoli will win it.

Sorry to contribute to the off-topic discussion, but that's actually a pretty good shout.

You can actually get 66-1 odds on Napoli to win the CL! Not saying he should be odds on, but with Rafa there and with the squad he's assembling I would say that's a very good bet indeed.

Sorry to contribute to the off-topic discussion, but that's actually a pretty good shout.

You can actually get 66-1 odds on Napoli to win the CL! Not saying he should be odds on, but with Rafa there and with the squad he's assembling I would say that's a very good bet indeed.

£1 double pays over £600.

Enrique was the same last pre season, he's quite a big bloke and probably takes a little longer than some others to get to his best. He was great last season though...

Sorry but Enrique was far from great last season. Good in patches but inconsistent. He was near the top for most groans around where I sit.

I don't bet much so apologies for my ignorance but why do people put on a £1 double as opposed to just £2?

Again, I know f all about betting.

A £1 double would be a £1 bet on Napoli to win the league (at 8/1) and the Champions League (at 66/1).

Its a £1 bet in total, not £2.

The "double" is referring to how many results you need to predict correctly, rather than anything to do with the amount you have bet. In the same way a £1 treble is obviously three results, but still a £1 bet.

Double means both have to come in, which greatly increases the risk of your bet succeeding, hence the odds shoot through the roof and make it look like you could potentially be rich off the back of a quid.

Whereas if you bet £1 on each bet (Serie A winners and CL winners), then you'll get the face value of each bet for your quid if they win. So, 66-1 and 8-1 means that your £2 will win you £74 (plus your £2 back). But it also means that you get paid a bit if they fail to win the league but win the CL, or vice-versa. Whereas it's 600/1 if you go with the double bet, because they times one price by the other, but you get zilch if they only win one competition.

Sorry but Enrique was far from great last season. Good in patches but inconsistent. He was near the top for most groans around where I sit.

He was hardly at fault for any goals we conceded. He got some goals and assists in attack.

I'm glad I don't sit near you, they sound like they don't appreciate one of our better players last season!

He was better than Johnson or Agger, for example.