You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation Plus

Elite

• 1 month later...

Well I tried The Road Not Taken for a couple of hours, and I doubt I'll be playing it again. It sounded right up my street, a poncy artsy puzzler alluding to a Robert Frost poem, but the mechanics are just too cluttered for my liking.

I prefer puzzlers that use just a few items to interact with, and concentrate on solid level design to get you thinking; The Swapper was great for that.

TRNT throws dozens of items and item combinations at you in the first hour, and the head scratching comes from the excess of things present and you screwing up, rather than a really cleverly laid out level.

It's a nice idea, but I felt a bit fatigued from the constant new item notifications, and there appears to be no way to just reset puzzles so you can experiment. Some people will love it, but it's clearly going to be one of those that's an acquired taste, and it's not for me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does ps4 have an instant game collection and can you play the PS3 games on PS4.

Yes, PS4 has an IGC, and no, you can't play PS3 games on PS4, yet.

There are 2 games for each eligible PlayStation platform every month through PS+. These games can be 'purchased' during the month that they are in the IGC, they can then be downloaded/played at any time after that, so long as your PS+ account is still active.

As for PS3 games on PS4. They are not currently available to play on PS4, but will be available once the PS Now* service is fully rolled out. Not sure how PS Now will work with the IGC on PS+, but I'm sure we'll find out in time. 

*PS Now is a cloud gaming service provided by Gaikai that will allow you to stream titles to play on PS4. The service is currently in open beta over in the States, with a possible global launch by the end of this year, or early next.

• Upvote 1

The PS4 igc looks shit to be honest.

It's mainly indie games for now, but as PS4 titles get older, they'll start to appear in the IGC. You'll find that Sony exclusives will be prominent in IGC, as they are/were over on PS3. Some of the indie titles are good little games, and if you don't like them, you can just delete them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really too much of a shock, but....

The PS+ version of Driveclub has been delayed... It was due to hit PS+ today in the UK, but alas, the only versions available are the paid versions, (the full game upgrade for £34.99 if you're a PS+ member, or £49.99 for the full game if you're not a PS+ member).

Server issues are being cited as the reason for this latest delay.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Driveclub being produced by ones of Sony's own studios? 

It all seems a bit Gran Turismo. 

Yeah. Has a similar feel to the GT fiasco, but you can at least buy this game, either digitally or on physical media.

After initially being announced as a release title for PS4 last year, the devs decided that they were not actually ready to release and delayed until October gone. Fair enough. They wanted the best title that they could develop. 

However, the issue now is that Sony have always said that a free, cut down version of the game would be made available to PS+ members, but so far the free version is continually being delayed due to concerns surrounding server load and balancing... Erm, shouldn't this have been thoroughly tested in the 11 or so months that you delayed the title for initially?

As you can imagine, some dopey folks have gone into the store and downloaded the full price version of the game, thinking that it's the free version, and have subsequently bitched and moaned to Sony about their own lack of attentiveness.

End of the day, it's no great shakes, but I had been looking forward to at least giving the free version a whirl, just to see how it compares with the likes of Forza and Gran Turismo.

I know you're something of an automobile enthusiast and put plenty of hours into the various GT games, so you may want to give Project CARS a look. Unfortunately, this too has been delayed (until March next year).

The pre alpha footage that I seen months back looked outstanding, and from that footage alone, I would suggest that this will be bigger and better than anything in the GT series to date.

Here's the latest trailer:

http://youtu.be/-r96zBKiAdk

There are a few more videos on their YouTube page.