You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ra da dadadada da da Sturridge

Ra da dadadada da da scoring

Sturridge scoring Sturridge scoring

Ra da da ra da da ra da da Sturridge.

Get it sung!

I don't normally like (well, anything) songs for players on t'internet, but that's ace. Would work better with Sturridge and Suarez, rather than Sturridge and scoring.

Obviously too shit for Anfield, but ace none the less.

He's a bit selfish' date=' but not overbearingly so. Suarez is a bit, too. That's why they score.[/quote']

I've been thinking about this, as there were Chelsea fans telling us to expect loads of shots from him and most of those to hit the side netting. Perhaps his greed at Chelsea was because he knew he'd most likely be out of the team, so he pressured himself to score more than his fair share of goals as that was the only way he'd have the remotest chance of staying in the team, and convincing the management to play him as a centre forward. Maybe we've seen him a bit more level-headed as he knows he's first choice through the middle and therefore doesn't have to get all the goals himself, and he and the team will benefit more from linking well with others?

Regardless, I've been really impressed with him. He's got excellent feet, a lot of pace and decent strength. He's a touch rough around the edges, but if he's going to improve then he's doing it from a very strong start.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like that he's only young and a bit rough. It means we can polish him into the player we want him to be. He might be 23, but he's only really 20-21 in terms of games he has played and development, if you know what I'm trying to get at. He can grow over the next couple of seasons, hopefully.

Looks a bargain, far more intelligent than he's given credit for. Now that he's in the team it feels as our goal threat has almost doubled, not once today did I doubt we would smash norwich, we probably played as well against them last year under Kenny in the 1-1 all draw but we just couldnt stick it in the net. Must say I love Sturridge's dancing, has me in stiches, no doubt it winds up opposition and fans a great deal, the more the better.

The question is, have any of these 101 members changed their opinion?

Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience

A Red, Ace, Aggers Elbow, amli, Archer, Arl arse, Barnesey, ben48, Benitaur, bigal, bonesman, boots123, Bozman, bricko66, Carvalho Diablo, chauncey, ChicagoRed, chrisbonnie, ChunkyBarcode, Conor, ctkeepercoach, dalglish2rush, Dan M, Deepz, dennis tooth, DiddisSillyRun, Docfoz, Durango, ElishaScottBC, etho, fantom, firelightez, Five Times, fiveways, Flying Pig, fowler239119, Fugitive, fungus, Gav, Hazel Motes, Heinze, Jairzinho, Jamie-H, JaminKibbler, jimmyb1540, John McClane, Johnny™, Jonjo Baldy, Jonny83, jsjazz, kfo, King Gheedorah, laddo, lebron, Lycan, Marko121, mars, Melchett, Mendoza, Michael, MichaelThomas, mickbythebay, Moonloop, myrlas, Newport, njackets, OnizukaEikichi, Phoenix, PoolG, punkhunter, Rapey Hugh, Reckoner, Red Banjo, Red Hot, RUSHIE, sadleiro, SammyAftershave, satansmutt, scania94, scottthecanuck, serenejim, Shogun, Shreddy, SimonGodders, sir roger, Sol18, Soleilrouge, STARDELTA, stringvest, swiftylad, sybian, The Acolyte, the walsh, TheHitman, therevivalist, TimeForHeroes, Tossed and blown, wild_wild_wild, xerxes, ZonkoVille77, Zurbaran

The question is, have any of these 101 members changed their opinion?

I said this in the match thread yesterday...

I had some doubts about signing Sturridge but thankfully it is looking like I was dead wrong. Him and Luis are looking really good together and their movement has been excellent. Exciting times ahead if these two carry on like this.

Sometimes I really enjoy being wrong and this is one of those occasions.

He's made a fantastic start. I wasn't sure he has what it takes, and as far as I'm concerned it's still too early to judge, but if he carries on like he has, then it's a great signing.

I agree. Fantastic start, but like everyone else, lets see where he is after his first half season with us before we start judging him. But so far so good.

The goal he scored yesterday actually reminded me of the one he scored against us last season at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea. It was pretty much a carbon copy with the ball kind of bent across goal and he's in there making a great run at the far post.

A major gripe I've had the past couple of years is that we've really lacked a killer instinct in and around the six yard box and we've seen too few players gamble with their movement for that easy tap in. Obviously it's early days, but the goal yesterday and the one against United suggest he has that instinct we've badly missed.

It looks like he has a lot more to his game though than being just a penalty box player, though. Some of his link up play with Suarez at times was outstanding and the dummy for the second goal was just sublime. I clocked him off the ball and some of the runs he makes are brilliant for creating space for team-mates and dragging defenders out of position. He's actually surprised me here because he loos to be a lot more intelligent than I anticipated. Already him and Suarez look to be on the same wavelength and I'd defo start them both against Arsenal at the Emirates to put the fear of God into their back four.

Like I said, early days, but I'm quietly confident he'll be a success.

Have always thought he looked a good player, he's got that selfishness we've been really missing too, that cocky swagger young Fowler and Owen had, the 'get out of my way that's fucking mine' attitude. Great stuff.

I love how he's getting into the area of the pitch where we never had anyone running ... the goalmouth.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm one of the 101 and I based it on his dance and stories about his attitude.

So far he's proved me to be totally wrong.

Long may it continue.

That's the best case scenario, isn't it? You think a player is going to be a total waste, but turns out to be decent.