You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I just saw that, and can scarcely bloody believe it. How is that even possible, as poor as our results have been?

Because in spite of what Sky and they hysterical 'sports journalists' tell us, this league is largely shit. The fact we've played like wankers most of the season and are only 4 points off a CL place is reflective of that.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good result that. Some excellent performances as well. Back 4 - including Downing. Henderson when he came on, Cole for the goal. Gerrard started and finished the ge well, but we were dominated by Diame.

Shelvey doesn't work up front. Sterling's final touch is letting him down, and I think he's tired mentally.

But great result, and Brendan's selections were finally vindicated. Well in.

denied a clear penalty for us, the cunt. shelvey did really well there. sterling looked off. probably needs a rest.

this kind of win will do wonders for a team that is such low on confidence. we havent been able to stage come backs on a regular basis since hte 08/09 season.

have to say, that was great finish from joe cole.

also just saw it. 3 goals from 3 on target! haha

Because in spite of what Sky and they hysterical 'sports journalists' tell us, this league is largely shit. The fact we've played like wankers most of the season and are only 4 points off a CL place is reflective of that.

I prefer a league where any number of teams can take points off each other. Obviously us being fairly shite isn't ideal.

Guest San Don

well played reds. But what a fucking cheating corrupt ref. Gives them a pen when the ball is slammed into Allen from 1 metre yet turns down a clear pen on shelvey. Really!? You fucking corrupt twat.

I prefer a league where any number of teams can take points off each other. Obviously us being fairly shite isn't ideal.

Agreed. I meant the top 4 aren't the be all and end all as it used to be. Anyone is beatable as we've seen. Makes it even more frustrating that we haven't had a new striker, have missed Lucas and generally not got our act together otherwise we'd comfortably be top 3 now.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

very like the chelsea game (which our fans alluded to when they sang are you chelsea in disguise) in that we got battered for large portions of the game but we were only 2-1 down.

lovely move for coles goal. raheem into shelveys' feet, back to raheem who played a first time ball into the area for cole to run onto and finish across the keeper with his left foot. then we came on strong and unlike the chelsea game we found another goal through our pressure.

fantastic, gutsy performance there. really delighted with that and caps an excellent week.

It'll be quiet on here tonight I'm sure. Ah well, at least the servers get a bit of break.

well played reds. But what a fucking cheating corrupt ref. Gives them a pen when the ball is slammed into Allen from 1 metre yet turns down a clear pen on shelvey. Really!? You fucking corrupt twat.

aw man I knew that challenge was going to be a decision we didn't get. cunting refs are taking the piss with these penalties now.

another poor day for refereeing.

Fifth game in 14 days with a very thin squad, without our best player/goalscorer, over reliant on youngsters, coming from 1-2 down against a side that hammered Chelsea 7 days ago. We had more shots on goal, had more of the ball and got through a very very difficult 30mins or so in the middle of the game. Excellent.

That's the sort of victory we hav been missing.

We didn't let the dodgy pen decision get us down, and won anyway, and the win was a team win, not one down to any particular player.

Optimism flushes through my veins. No forwards, three goals- it's the future.

Started really well and looked like we'd win comfortably early on. Then we just fell apart completely after Enrique went off and I couldn't see s getting anything from that game with 20 minutes left. Probably our worst display of the season and even nicking a point might have been a bit lucky so getting all 3 was taking the piss a bit but games like that have gone against us enough times in the last 18 months so it's about time we got one go our way. Plus their equaliser did come from an absolutely ridiculous penalty decision and maybe we'd have weathered the storm and never got into that position without that.

We're just not going to ever get a penalty this season are we? You can't get any more clear cut than the one on Shelvey at the end. How you can give one for a player handling a ball that is blasted straight at him from a couple of yards away but not give that is beyond me.

Just 4 points off a top 4 place and everyone other than the Manchester clubs and possibly Chelsea look like they're going to drop plenty of points this season. A good run in December and bringing in another desperately needed striker and we might still have a chance.

Overall it was an abymal peformance, great to get the win and Henderson once again show what a CM actually trying to get involved in attack might contribute with.

Needs to start the next game and give Allen who once again was a passanger a break.