You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Says on caughtoffside that we are earmarking him as a long term replacement for gerrard. I'd love to see us sign him, fucking great player. he would be within our financial capabilities and would fit right in.... thoughts?

in other news - chris waddle thinks gerrard should become a ball winning centre hjalf like matthaus. mop headed prick.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely comes from tipsbladet.dk

Eriksen om Liverpool: Meget specielt | Tipsbladet

Eriksen om Liverpool: Meget specielt

10:56 Af Martin Davidsen 09 Okt, 2012

Landsholdsspilleren Christian Eriksen menes at være interessant for Liverpool, der ser ham som Steven Gerrards afløser.

Lige siden han var 14 år, har Christian Eriksen været vant til at blive sat i forbindelse med store, europæiske klubber. Rygterne om hans fremtid er kun taget til med alderen. I det spæde forår i 2011 var Liverpool i Parken, da Eriksen drev gæk med det engelske landsholds forsvar, og i denne uge er Liverpool igen blevet meldt interesseret i den danske offensivspiller som langsigtet afløser for Steven Gerrard.

Christian Eriksen glæder sig over interessen fra den engelske klub med de store traditioner.

- Det er da meget fedt, at der er fokus på en fra så store klubber. Det er meget specielt, men jeg har ikke rigtig tænkt på et klubskifte på nogen måde, siger Christian Eriksen til tipsbladet.dk.

I sommer udtalte Christian Eriksen, at han ville tage et år mere i Ajax, men om det betyder, at han forlader klubben til sommer, vil han ikke sige endnu.

- Det ved vi ikke endnu. Det kommer meget an på sæsonen, og hvordan det hele ser ud til sommer, siger Eriksen.

I stedet fokuserer han på Ajax, hvor han indtil videre har været med til at vinde to mesterskaber i træk.

- Vi håber og regner med, at vi kan fortsætte. Det vil være en stor præstation i sig selv, hvis vi kan blive mestre tre år i træk, så det er det vi går efter, siger han.

Christian Eriksen har kontraktudløb i Ajax i sommeren 2014.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've liked him for a long time, so would be great. Links to Dries Mertens, too. Certainly linked with the right people, whether or not we ever end up with any of them, that's a completely different thing.

Haven't really watched him much so can't comment on his suitability for us, but we definitely need someone creative on the ball who can create chances and find passes through teams sitting deep, as we have been lacking that in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

And maybe in principle Gerrard has the attributes to play centre back (experience, good tackler, good passing range, good in the air etc) but it seems quite fanciful to me. We have Agger and Skrtel there who are natural centre backs and close to as good as anything in the league plus Coates who is one of the best young talents in the world at centre back. Why put one of our better attacking players there when we are short on good attacking players and have 3 good centre backs.

If Suso and Sterling develop as we all hope that they will, not to mention Shelvey, then where does Eriksen play?

I admit that the two times I've seen him play he was absolutely brilliant, but it's just such a crowded area in our squad right now, the position of attacking midfielder/wide forward, especially when it comes to young players, that I wouldn't make it a priority.

Much rather see Fischer if we're going to spend 20 million plus on a young Ajax attacker; between Yesil, Fischer, and Hodzic we'd have three of the best centre forwards in the game under 21, and surely one of them will turn out to be the finisher we've been crying out for for so long.

Haven't really watched him much so can't comment on his suitability for us, but we definitely need someone creative on the ball who can create chances and find passes through teams sitting deep, as we have been lacking that in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Finding somebody who can pass through packed defences is not really the issue. In countless games like the Stoke one at the weekend, we've spent large parts of the game camped out in the opposition half. Everybody bar Reina is in the opposition half. The problem is, we get so few people into threatening positions in these situations, and when we do it's nowhere near consistently enough, so these through-balls need to be eye-of-the-needle stuff for us to make any headway. It frustrates everybody and causes our most dangerous players to try and do too much.

It might seem obvious that with high-calibre players we can rectify this, but it needs the squad as a whole to trust each other much more when we are attacking. The players in a position to create a chance need to trust that teammates will get into dangerous positions to threaten, and the ones who have a chance to get into these positions need to trust that the ball might come their way and present them with a chance to score.

The above bit might echo what Rodgers was telling his players during the team talks shown on the documentary, what with all the stuff about trust, but I'd say it gets to heart of what and why the players need this trust compared to how Rodgers put the point across. He might well have gone into more detail off-camera earlier in the week, so was reiterating the point in more simple terms. I don't know.

If Suso and Sterling develop as we all hope that they will, not to mention Shelvey, then where does Eriksen play?

I admit that the two times I've seen him play he was absolutely brilliant, but it's just such a crowded area in our squad right now, the position of attacking midfielder/wide forward, especially when it comes to young players, that I wouldn't make it a priority.

Much rather see Fischer if we're going to spend 20 million plus on a young Ajax attacker; between Yesil, Fischer, and Hodzic we'd have three of the best centre forwards in the game under 21, and surely one of them will turn out to be the finisher we've been crying out for for so long.

good point. what we need now is an out and out striker who can turn our dominant possession into goals. in a couple of years some of our youngsters develop into top first team players saving us loads of money. that's why i tend to discount those rumours.

eriksson was crap at the euro's other than that ive not seen him much.

ive heard this type of stuff about ageing midfielders dropping back to centre half before. glenn hoddle was one bryan robson another. neither did it to any great effect. it wont happen with gerrard. i suppose if we have agger skertl coates carra and kelly all injured and we havent signed anyone else he could fill in. for what other reason could you pick gerrard at centre half in front of the ones we already have?

We haven't replaced Robbie Fowler yet, let alone Steven Gerrard.

In the squad right now, who would you prefer to have - An 18yr old Steven Gerrard or an 18yr old Robbie Fowler?

At 18 Robbie all day. He peaked at an early age. Steven at 25. Probably the best midfield player in the world at that time.

Saw an interesting interview with Eriksen before the Euros in which he spoke of his dream to play for Barcelona but about wanting to take the step up with another club before doing so. Galling to think had we been in better shape we could have been that club. I think Suarez might be the last signing of that type we make for a good few years yet.

Gerrard will be playing first team football for us beyond Rodger's tenure as manager here.I would guess that he has another four years in him- until he is 36. It's a bit early to be talking about replecements.

Any more of this offensive, barely literate trolling and I'm reporting you to Merseyside Police.

in other news - chris waddle thinks gerrard should become a ball winning centre hjalf like matthaus. mop headed prick.

I'd be agreement with him. As well as Matthaus other greats like Gullit, Hoddle, and Desalliy all dropped further back the pitch as the years past by. Gerrard has relied heavily on mobility and power, eventually both will go and we will be left with a player high up the pitch without the attributes to cause the damage he once did. I think he will make a great center half, especially in Rodgers system.

I don't think he's what we need. His primary skill is as a setup man. He's not a replacement for Gerrard in style of play.

What we need are attacking players that are goal scorers, whether that be strikers or wingers/attacking mids. I don't think that's necessarily Eriksen's strong point. I think eventually Suso will be that player for us (the Eriksen type not the goal scoring type). If you are replacing Gerrard you want someone who can contribute 10-15 goals a season like Gerrard has proven capable of.